Author Topic: Patriots caught cheating again?  (Read 3057 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Patriots caught cheating again?
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2015, 04:33:01 PM »
Interestingly, there is this, according to NBC Sports:

"I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,"  said Aaron Rodgers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/aaron-rodgers-likes-his-footballs-overinflated/

So, maybe fiddling with one's balls happens more than we previously thought.

Seahawks do it in another way.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2015, 04:53:16 PM »
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:31:33 PM by jeep00 »

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2015, 06:13:41 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24984362/john-madden-hines-ward-aikman-tom-brady-involved-in-deflategate

Brady has denied any involvement in Deflategate, but former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman isn't buying it.

"It's obvious that Tom Brady had something to do with this," Aikman told KTCK-AM in Dallas on Thursday morning. "For the balls to be deflated, that doesn't happen unless the quarterback wants that to happen, I can assure you of that."

Former Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward echoed Aikman on Wednesday. Ward told the "Today" show that the only people who probably knew about Deflategate were "Tom Brady and the ball boy."

Brady admitted in 2011 that he likes to use a slightly underinflated football.

Hall of Fame coach John Madden also weighed in on the matter this week and he agrees with Aikman and Ward on one thing: Brady was likely involved.

"That would have to be driven by the quarterback," Madden said on Wednesday, via the Sports Xchange. "That's something that wouldn't be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy. Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing. It would have to be the quarterback's idea."
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »
OK, I admit it:  I deflated the balls.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2015, 06:28:56 PM »
I honestly believe they were definitely deflated because of the cold weather so it would help in the grip and the throwability and the catchability...... Now on a funny side note a ESPN football analyst went back I think seven or eight years and checked their wins and losses and points scored during cold/rainy weather and warm nice weather wins and losses and points scored, just guess which climate that the Patriots rack up more points and wins in.... You guessed it cold / rainy lol.

Now would have it made a difference in the Colts game probably not but how long have they been deflating it, that's the thing we don't know this could have been going on for years or just this one game.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:31:57 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2015, 06:29:55 PM »

So, maybe fiddling with one's balls happens more than we previously thought.

Seahawks do it in another way.

LOL!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2015, 06:31:24 PM »
Cheating is cheating.  There is no gray area.  Cheating when you would have beaten the other team without cheating is worse, not better.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2015, 07:41:01 PM »
So you take your car down to get it inspected and they give you a sticker. You get back home and remove all the smog devices and install straight exhaust. It's not your fault when you get caught with an illegal car because you have an inspection sticker?

I have no problem with the formations. Hey, that's innovation. Way to game the game. But only NE balls were deflated. Only NE sideline had access to them. Homer, please. Belicheat gotta Belicheat.
Being a New Englander and hearing about this annoys me because i hate football but it Seem sombody hates the Pats bitterly and that is laughable
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2015, 08:11:47 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24984362/john-madden-hines-ward-aikman-tom-brady-involved-in-deflategate

Brady has denied any involvement in Deflategate, but former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman isn't buying it.

"It's obvious that Tom Brady had something to do with this," Aikman told KTCK-AM in Dallas on Thursday morning. "For the balls to be deflated, that doesn't happen unless the quarterback wants that to happen, I can assure you of that."

Former Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward echoed Aikman on Wednesday. Ward told the "Today" show that the only people who probably knew about Deflategate were "Tom Brady and the ball boy."

Hall of Fame coach John Madden also weighed in on the matter this week and he agrees with Aikman and Ward on one thing: Brady was likely involved.

"That would have to be driven by the quarterback," Madden said on Wednesday, via the Sports Xchange. "That's something that wouldn't be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy. Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing. It would have to be the quarterback's idea."

Obviously since Aikman and Madden think it is Brady then it must be true....  You should become a prosecutor.   :rofl
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2015, 08:20:59 PM »
This is ultimately why I follow UFC. By and large, either you tap the guy out or you don't.

Apparently, you can eye gouge and kick the cup multiple times to gain advantage.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2015, 08:32:01 PM »

The score was 17-7 prior to the referee's inspection.   After the Colts whined, they scored no points and the Pats put 28 unanswered points on the board.    But while you're at it, you do realize that the Colts were guilty of the same right?  

Go Colts!    Wait, they didn't even show up to play the game, whined, were guilty of said whine themselves and are spared because they had sour grapes?   I do not care for the Pats, but they are being steamrolled by something that is much ado about nothing.    

Bodhi, just ignore "wannabe legal beagles" on here and enjoy watching the Pats in the SB.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2015, 08:56:46 PM »
Free advertizing. Have to keep the public interested for 2 weeks til the Super Dud game.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2015, 10:20:38 PM »
Free advertizing. Have to keep the public interested for 2 weeks til the Super Dud game.

Bingo!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2015, 12:51:46 AM »
The score was 17-7 prior to the referee's inspection.   After the Colts whined, they scored no points and the Pats put 28 unanswered points on the board.    But while you're at it, you do realize that the Colts were guilty of the same right?  

Go Colts!    Wait, they didn't even show up to play the game, whined, were guilty of said whine themselves and are spared because they had sour grapes?   I do not care for the Pats, but they are being steamrolled by something that is much ado about nothing.    

Bodhi, just ignore "wannabe legal beagles" on here and enjoy watching the Pats in the SB.

No, it was Jon Harbaugh; only an immature coach like him would do such a thing, he has sour grapes from the beating the previous game...

You hate the NFL, why do you have such an interest in always commenting about it?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2015, 02:10:00 AM »
Oh... A team trying to bend the rules... I'm in chock... really...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking