Author Topic: Patriots caught cheating again?  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: Patriots caught cheating again?
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2015, 09:03:18 PM »
Ya know, things are so precarious these days, that folks should tell the truth.

Be good.  Do well.  Write often.

Adults should behave better than 5th graders.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2015, 09:09:44 PM »
Agreed Hap.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2015, 11:53:31 PM »
The NFL set the standard when they let teams have there own balls. this gives teams the right to make their balls as they see fit.  If the pats cheated they should get punished if they gamed the game there is nothing wrong with that.  The game balls should be controlled by the NFL. Basketball plays with one ball, hockey one puck, soccer one ball, baseball uses its own balls per league. why does the nfl let each team have its own ball?  Every single team makes those balls be as they want them to be.  Its kind of silly to say you can make them how you want, just in specs, and leave 2 +1/2 hours for them to sit and/or be played with.  On top of that their controls are nothing more than a pressure gauge and a scale.  By rule that opens up a world of possibilities on how to doctor the ball.  just my 2 cents.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2015, 08:09:41 AM »
I agree with NatCigg.  Letting the teams have their own balls to use in the game just invites tampering.  Makes sense to me that the NFL should provide the balls to use in the contest, and both teams should use the same ball.   

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2015, 02:32:52 PM »
I agree with NatCigg.  Letting the teams have their own balls to use in the game just invites tampering.  Makes sense to me that the NFL should provide the balls to use in the contest, and both teams should use the same ball.   

Yep, it would make sense that the NFL provide the balls.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2015, 04:14:00 PM »
New balls (36 for outside games, 24 for indoor games) are delivered to the Officials room pregame where they are set to NFL standards. They are then given to the teams.

Also the balls used for kicking is not the same as the regular play balls

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2015, 07:04:29 PM »
Only thing I have ever advocated was to allow the NFL to give their conclusions, not the "opinions" of everyone else.  The investigation is not complete, the NFL has yet to release their conclusions.  Despite this, everyone is weighing in, regardless of the facts.  You should bear this in mind. 

The only facts out there are this:  The NFL is investigating the improper inflation of some balls. 

Leaks and annonymous sources are not the NFL.  Nothing else is factual until the NFL says so. 

I'll leave you with this"

From the NFL
(Image removed from quote.)

Nothing is factual until the NFL says so? That's pretty naive.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2015, 07:12:53 PM »

Waiting on a statement from the NFL that will release the results of investigation when it is complete is naive?  Just wow...  

Have you considered any of the following?  Should we take the word of people who were not involved in the incident?  Should we take the word of those that offer opinions?  How about those that release information, yet choose to remain annonymous?  Sorry RPM, but if the NFL is the one that will be handling the investigation, potentially handing out punishment, and has said no comment until the completion of the investigation; I am going to wait on the NFL before making any statements about the Patriots character.  

You on the other hand seem to have no problem basing your opinion on heresay and/or opinion.  Let me step aside so you can get back to your pitchfork.  Obviously discussing this incident any further with you is not going to amount to anything.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2015, 07:53:54 PM »
Summary of thread and future:

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2015, 09:36:58 PM »

Here's the deal.  There's the truth(what really happened) and then there's "the truth"(what you have been told, if different from actual truth).

Eventually, the NFL will announce publicly what their investigation found. There they will disclose who was at fault, what they did and what the penalty is - that is if anyone was found doing anything nefarious or negligent - in this case there would be no penalty. This announcement, regardless of what the content is, is the truth as far as the NFL, the Patriots, me, you, or anyone else thinks. If you think the truth given in the statement is just "the truth", then that's on you, and have fun thinking that your opinion matters in the end. 
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2015, 06:32:40 AM »
Waiting on a statement from the NFL that will release the results of investigation when it is complete is naive?  Just wow...  

Have you considered any of the following?  Should we take the word of people who were not involved in the incident?  Should we take the word of those that offer opinions?  How about those that release information, yet choose to remain annonymous?  Sorry RPM, but if the NFL is the one that will be handling the investigation, potentially handing out punishment, and has said no comment until the completion of the investigation; I am going to wait on the NFL before making any statements about the Patriots character.  

You on the other hand seem to have no problem basing your opinion on heresay and/or opinion.  Let me step aside so you can get back to your pitchfork.  Obviously discussing this incident any further with you is not going to amount to anything.
You're right again. We should trust the NFL to be completely fair and impartial. No way would the sanctioning body of a professional sports league cover up to avoid scandal... At least not the same league twice in 12 months.:rofl
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:36:54 AM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2015, 08:50:11 AM »
rpm is just upset his Cowgirls didn't make it to the Big Game again. :devil

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »

This
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2015, 09:17:23 AM »
Pats cheat and nothing so far.

Meanwhile, Lynch grabs his balls in the endzone on Sunday and fined $11,000.
Kearse chucks game winning ball into crowd and fined $5500.

Madness, I tell you. Goodell is all bad and needs to go.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2015, 10:14:13 AM »
Pffft. Please. Jerruah didn't contribute enough to the Referees Widows & Orphans Fund to make it to the next round...

This will be a great game for Rip. If the Seahawks win, dynasty talk. If they lose, they were just defeated by a bunch of cheaters once again. Kudos, Rip. Enjoy this one. :salute
Stay thirsty my friends.