Author Topic: Multiple Cons versus Me  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: Multiple Cons versus Me
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 07:45:57 PM »
Thanks ink I will download and watch later tonight.

I was in a 3v1, just two minutes ago, it was my K4 vs a spit16, and two la's. One problem I have that I forgot to mention is that I can never hit things during a reversal at all. I just miss the easiest shots it's ridiculous I dont understand how. Granted I'm using taters but when I reversed them they often end up 200 yards in front and I just can't hit them.

The thing that upsets me too is that I outflew the three of them and proceeded to die to an la I didn't kill because others joined, just upsets me so much
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »

I was in a 3v1, just two minutes ago, it was my K4 vs a spit16, and two la's. One problem I have that I forgot to mention is that I can never hit things during a reversal at all. I just miss the easiest shots it's ridiculous I dont understand how. Granted I'm using taters but when I reversed them they often end up 200 yards in front and I just can't hit them.

The thing that upsets me too is that I outflew the three of them and proceeded to die to an la I didn't kill because others joined, just upsets me so much

That's mostly gunnery and happens to everyone.  I say mostly gunnery because there are almost always things you could have done from a stick and rudder perspective that might have made it easier for you to connect with your shot.  Shots on reversals are usually quick too, and mostly about feel, so it makes them difficult to correct if you're screwing it up.  Keep putting yourself in the position and you'll work out of it.  It's almost impossible you'll screw it up all the time.   :)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 09:16:12 PM »

np

ya Aim is the most important aspect of fighting the gang....

if you cant hit your target when needed other baddies show up and overwelm ya.

what I try to do is merge with the highest threat....in a way that denies him a gun solution, but giving me the closest to a HO shot...get it over quick, trying to kill the pilot....

as we merge I will fake him out a couple times make him have to catch up to my moves...  as far out as 2.5 make him wonder what I am gonna do....

I imagine a giant ball between us, his nose my nose is the size of the ball, as we merge the ball gets smaller his gun solution gets bigger....I want to get around the ball make it as small as possible at contact....while avoiding his gun solution...never just fly by and then maneuver....the fight starts 3-4k out...

if you get good you can to 85% of the MA merge kill...merge killl....merge kill.....ill repeat what I said originally never try to saddle..

if you are like me and only have rare days the Aim is good you will always end up fighting 4-7 guys and sometimes lots more... :rock

die more often....have a crappy score.....BUT  the adrenaline rush of fighting off  even 4 guys and making them work for it is far more enticing to me then any other way of flying.

again though you need a plane that is capable...

p39....ehh not so much

don't listen to the guys that say oh you fly an "uber" plane while they fly a p40 with 20 friendlies and have to fight green guys to get their kills.... ;)

don't listen to the guys that go to 30 K or ONLY engage when they have ALL the advantages.... ;)

if you want to fight the gang...you have to fight the gang....stay away from green guys...the best fight you could go to, is when the 2 other countries are fighting...fly that little bit of extra distance, fight smart... fight in the vert... listen to your plane...dont pay attention to the gauges.....stay out of your forward view.
as you make the crossing shots pull the trigger as the enemy plane is coming into your view not while he is already in front.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2015, 10:18:26 PM »
To improve snap shots on reversals there's an exercise you can do with another player. Fly a flat scissors, turning into each other and reversing after each pass.
One player is the target and one is the shooter. Use the lead computing gun sight aid in the TA. When you re-plane for ammo switch roles.  Initially the target will fly a predictable flight path. As you improve the target will start practicing guns defense, i.e. getting out of the way of the shot, so you will increase skill in both roles. Short regular practice sessions will create the instinctive shot.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2015, 10:20:42 PM »

I would say use Grizz's advice here(The guy didn't miss)...but the link is stale

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,265719.0.html
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2015, 10:22:22 PM »
Yeah Ink first of all to start off, I do fly a plane capable of dealing with a gang, the K4 is well able to quickly knock out cons from a fight and can move around decently enough to avoid attacks.

Mk108 30mm cannon <------that's the bama that screws me up. I can do well with knocking out cons with a spit8, a Niki, Ki84, but it's that baby up dere ^^ that screws me up. I am a good shot with it, but my reversals are shabby, that is the problem, I often don't line them up correctly or when I track them they either move out my sight when I go to forward view about a millisecond before I should shoot and there they are already out my sight.

Even the ones where I make them overshoot and they fly parallel to my 3-9 line in front of my nose I miss. I do not know where the mistake is during those shots, I think sometimes I fired too late, or my aim isn't directly in the center of them due to lack of vision from the cockpit frames, maybe one of these maybe all.  :headscratch:

For the vertical ones I know I'm simply not lining the shot up correctly and not tracking the enemy for the whole time. In both of these the enemy prances out the way by what seems like an inch so many damn times. Overall I'm not so sure exactly how to perfectly set these up.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 10:23:50 PM »
I would say use Grizz's advice here(The guy didn't miss)...but the link is stale

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,265719.0.html

The shot he described isn't quite the one I have trouble with look, at my previous post up dere. I can make those shots but I need lots of practice to get better at them.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2015, 10:44:11 PM »
The shot he described isn't quite the one I have trouble with look, at my previous post up dere. I can make those shots but I need lots of practice to get better at them.
Hitting a plane at the dead 6 is hard with a single MK108. Your almost better spraying MG to get him to turn in then going for the shot Grizz desribes.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2015, 10:49:23 PM »
Hitting a plane at the dead 6 is hard with a single MK108. Your almost better spraying MG to get him to turn in then going for the shot Grizz desribes.

Yeah I need to start doing that cause it's pretty annoying when there's someone 200-400 of my and I can't hit him.

However the shot I have problems with is this
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,280043.0.html

And along with that I have problems hitting a target in a reversal via a rolling scissors maneuver.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2015, 10:50:35 PM »
To improve snap shots on reversals there's an exercise you can do with another player. Fly a flat scissors, turning into each other and reversing after each pass.
One player is the target and one is the shooter. Use the lead computing gun sight aid in the TA. When you re-plane for ammo switch roles.  Initially the target will fly a predictable flight path. As you improve the target will start practicing guns defense, i.e. getting out of the way of the shot, so you will increase skill in both roles. Short regular practice sessions will create the instinctive shot.

I completely missed this, I will give it a try.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 11:13:24 PM »
Yeah Ink first of all to start off, I do fly a plane capable of dealing with a gang, the K4 is well able to quickly knock out cons from a fight and can move around decently enough to avoid attacks.

Mk108 30mm cannon <------that's the bama that screws me up. I can do well with knocking out cons with a spit8, a Niki, Ki84, but it's that baby up dere ^^ that screws me up. I am a good shot with it, but my reversals are shabby, that is the problem, I often don't line them up correctly or when I track them they either move out my sight when I go to forward view about a millisecond before I should shoot and there they are already out my sight.

Even the ones where I make them overshoot and they fly parallel to my 3-9 line in front of my nose I miss. I do not know where the mistake is during those shots, I think sometimes I fired too late, or my aim isn't directly in the center of them due to lack of vision from the cockpit frames, maybe one of these maybe all.  :headscratch:

For the vertical ones I know I'm simply not lining the shot up correctly and not tracking the enemy for the whole time. In both of these the enemy prances out the way by what seems like an inch so many damn times. Overall I'm not so sure exactly how to perfectly set these up.

for some reason I thought you mentioned the 39 :o

K4 is a monster and one of the best for fighting the gang...as far as using the vert....as good as the Ki probably better.... little less maneuverable, but will dance just fine....
the major issue with it is that damn cannon... :rofl 

and the canopy bars on the 109s suck.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 11:29:36 PM »
Yeah I need to start doing that cause it's pretty annoying when there's someone 200-400 of my and I can't hit him.

However the shot I have problems with is this
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,280043.0.html

And along with that I have problems hitting a target in a reversal via a rolling scissors maneuver.
I linked the wrong thread...took me 20 minutes and I prejacked  :o
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2015, 08:12:50 AM »
One huge problem that I'm trying to teach myself to stop doing with the K4 that I think a lot of people might also be doing is trying to "snipe" with the 30mm. When you only have 65 rounds and you want to be getting 5 or more kills then I find myself trying to fire just 3 or 4 30mms at the target but the gun just isn't accurate enough and the muzzle velocity is so low compared to other guns that you pretty much have to lead more than you want. Missing 3 or 4 times while firing on 3-4 rounds adds up quick and I'm finding more success in just leading more than I need and holding the trigger down. I'll waste 6 or 8 taters but it's better than wasting 16 taters missing the "sniping" shot continuously.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 10:12:52 AM »
One huge problem that I'm trying to teach myself to stop doing with the K4 that I think a lot of people might also be doing is trying to "snipe" with the 30mm. When you only have 65 rounds and you want to be getting 5 or more kills then I find myself trying to fire just 3 or 4 30mms at the target but the gun just isn't accurate enough and the muzzle velocity is so low compared to other guns that you pretty much have to lead more than you want. Missing 3 or 4 times while firing on 3-4 rounds adds up quick and I'm finding more success in just leading more than I need and holding the trigger down. I'll waste 6 or 8 taters but it's better than wasting 16 taters missing the "sniping" shot continuously.

I can snipe on some shots, reversals not really. I need to fire a continuous stream of 3-6 taters.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »
It's not that complicated, and it's not sniping vs tracking shots. It's shot placement in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAO2Np5-UAI
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."