Author Topic: Multiple Cons versus Me  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: Multiple Cons versus Me
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »
It's not that complicated, and it's not sniping vs tracking shots. It's shot placement in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAO2Np5-UAI

In general?

The nature of the thing that screws me up is the fact that I mess up sometimes by not keeping constant track of the con as I reverse him, and they usually fly out of the path that would have led them to my sights. Basically it's that and having trouble keeping the enemy in the center of the screen.

I don't know what the hell screws me up in rolling scissors reversals.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:39:52 AM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 12:20:49 PM »
for some reason I thought you mentioned the 39 :o

K4 is a monster and one of the best for fighting the gang...as far as using the vert....as good as the Ki probably better.... little less maneuverable, but will dance just fine....
the major issue with it is that damn cannon... :rofl 

and the canopy bars on the 109s suck.

It was I who mentioned the p39 since that is my main ride and people like to gang it : :bhead.
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2015, 12:26:35 PM »
It was I who mentioned the p39 since that is my main ride and people like to gang it : :bhead.

:o

its not just the 39 they gang....pretty much thats the only way 90% of the MA can play.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2015, 04:05:22 PM »
Although there are no icons, watch my "flight of the Violator" film. Every dot you see is a bad guy. You can see how they all start on my 6 and I manage to get 2 planes in the rolling scissors from my overshoot attempt. As the spit16 was coming around, I had another P47 zoom in for a shot, so I had to dodge him, which put the  spit in a position I didn't want him to be in. They hit me a couple of times but I was able to get around and finish off both the spit and 109 almost simultaneously.

I have practiced this type of fighting for a long time. I am good defensive fighter because this is how I like to fight in the MA.

I think the problem is if you are using a keyboard right? Is that it is hard to look around all the people. This is dangerous because you never want to lose sight of them, especially in a multi con situation. I'm not positive how to set up a good viewing system on the keyboard. But that is a huge issue because timing your moves to where they are at is huge!!

I keep my "look up" button seperate from my hatswitch in the controller so I can look up and around at the same time. It is very helpful.

You do well in the single con overshoot cause I've seen it. But I think you bleed too much E going for a climb shot, which can work in a 1v1 but not so well vs multiple cons. It is a decision whether to go for the shot, or push the nose down and do a nose down turn to avoid the other opponent. It depends on how far away the guy coming around on your 6 is. Also I would do everything you can to avoid the HO as well and if you can pull a quick emmilman for an angle shot.

It all depends on the position your enemies are in.

A lot of the E guys here are not use to being in a defensive position with low E against faster planes approaching them, so while E fighting may not get you into that position, if you accidently do get in it, you won't have much of a chance because E fighting with faster (more than one con's) appoaching your 6 makes it difficult to reverse E them.

As ink and a few others have said. Making the shot is critical in the position. One missed opportunity and the guy who is E booming you will pluck you.

It is a tough position to be in but if you can keep getting them to miss and over shoot or follow you in the barrel roll then you have a great chance at killing them.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2015, 04:44:45 PM »
Although there are no icons, watch my "flight of the Violator" film. Every dot you see is a bad guy. You can see how they all start on my 6 and I manage to get 2 planes in the rolling scissors from my overshoot attempt. As the spit16 was coming around, I had another P47 zoom in for a shot, so I had to dodge him, which put the  spit in a position I didn't want him to be in. They hit me a couple of times but I was able to get around and finish off both the spit and 109 almost simultaneously.

I have practiced this type of fighting for a long time. I am good defensive fighter because this is how I like to fight in the MA.

I think the problem is if you are using a keyboard right? Is that it is hard to look around all the people. This is dangerous because you never want to lose sight of them, especially in a multi con situation. I'm not positive how to set up a good viewing system on the keyboard. But that is a huge issue because timing your moves to where they are at is huge!!

I keep my "look up" button seperate from my hatswitch in the controller so I can look up and around at the same time. It is very helpful.

You do well in the single con overshoot cause I've seen it. But I think you bleed too much E going for a climb shot, which can work in a 1v1 but not so well vs multiple cons. It is a decision whether to go for the shot, or push the nose down and do a nose down turn to avoid the other opponent. It depends on how far away the guy coming around on your 6 is. Also I would do everything you can to avoid the HO as well and if you can pull a quick emmilman for an angle shot.

It all depends on the position your enemies are in.

A lot of the E guys here are not use to being in a defensive position with low E against faster planes approaching them, so while E fighting may not get you into that position, if you accidently do get in it, you won't have much of a chance because E fighting with faster (more than one con's) appoaching your 6 makes it difficult to reverse E them.

As ink and a few others have said. Making the shot is critical in the position. One missed opportunity and the guy who is E booming you will pluck you.

It is a tough position to be in but if you can keep getting them to miss and over shoot or follow you in the barrel roll then you have a great chance at killing them.

bolded in red is great advice  :aok

and ya if you are using the keyboard to look around that has gotta suck bad.... :O

timing your moves to where they are going to be is pretty much right up there with landing the hits....

the guy who showed me AH, when I first started playing, he would sit behind me watching me fight and every 2 seconds...check 6.....check 6....check 6.....haha

literally you should be spending the least amount of time in your forward view.....

one of the things that make AH stand above all the other flight games is its view system.

lose sight.... lose fight...you must be able to track not only one con close but all the baddies in icon distance....no matter how many there are.

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2015, 04:46:44 PM »
Should turn off Enemy Icons in the MA :devil
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
Would be fun...they do it in the AVA and it's awesome.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2015, 05:36:25 PM »
Come on over to the AvA and give it a whirl.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2015, 09:38:51 PM »
I can't do it I just give up. Advice is advice it won't magically make me get better, I have tried the things yall tell me I last 10 seconds in a 2v1 :) I can't even live longer that 10 seconds in some 1v1's with lemmings how am I to ever get good at this. :)

Then I just can't hit anything, I don't know how to improve my aim on that part that stuff doesn't happen. Thanks for the help though guys.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2015, 09:46:13 PM »
I can't do it I just give up. Advice is advice it won't magically make me get better, I have tried the things yall tell me I last 10 seconds in a 2v1 :) I can't even live longer that 10 seconds in some 1v1's with lemmings how am I to ever get good at this. :)

Then I just can't hit anything, I don't know how to improve my aim on that part that stuff doesn't happen. Thanks for the help though guys.
Try shooting one tator at a time for a tour....your going to die a lot but next tour you will be a lot more accurate with 3-5 round burts.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2015, 10:16:04 PM »
Try shooting one tator at a time for a tour....your going to die a lot but next tour you will be a lot more accurate with 3-5 round burts.

I often die before I even get a shot. That only seems it'll help with 1v1s when I ever get a shot.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2015, 10:27:19 PM »
I often die before I even get a shot. That only seems it'll help with 1v1s when I ever get a shot.

we ever fight before my hiatus?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2015, 10:30:16 PM »

Advice is not practice. Advice is not skill training. Advice is instructions for practicing to gain skills. You have to do the work.
Practicing by fighting in the MA is essential but it's not as efficient for skill building as drills and organized practice.

Some players already had 10 years flight sim experience when Aces High first started 15 years ago. If you can already win most 1v1 in similar aircraft you're doing very well.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2015, 11:19:00 AM »
Advice is not practice. Advice is not skill training. Advice is instructions for practicing to gain skills. You have to do the work.
Practicing by fighting in the MA is essential but it's not as efficient for skill building as drills and organized practice.

Some players already had 10 years flight sim experience when Aces High first started 15 years ago. If you can already win most 1v1 in similar aircraft you're doing very well.

I understand that. I just don't think I'm ever really gonna get it down.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »

I understand that. I just don't think I'm ever really gonna get it down.

Look at how many years the players offering advice have been around.

If you fight multiple cons from a disadvantage it's normal to lose if one of them knows what to do and you don't get him first.