Author Topic: Top ten oldest squads in Aces High?  (Read 17475 times)

Offline 27th

• Copper Member
Re: Top ten oldest squads in Aces High?
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2015, 11:44:22 AM »
Well, here's what I came up with.  Lots of history in this table:

(Image removed from quote.)

Congrats to ALL you guys who have kept the faith and kept these squads going for so long.    :salute

Three squads I can think of that I was a member two of the three:

1.  Army of Darkness (AOD)- Led by SkyD - Late 90's until 2001 Air Wariror's death then jumped to and Aces High until it folded around 2003 but re-activated in late 2000's led by BADR to fold again few years later.  :salute

2. Jabostaffel (JB) led by JB42  (I was a member of for two years 2003-2005 as JB27) I don't know the squad history but I believe this squad lasted close to ten years in Aces High.  It was a Axis only squad (except for free day Fridays... :rofl) Great bunch of fighter pilots. Wonderful times such as flying 15-20 TA152's at 30k looking bombers and what a sight to see.  Til this day a former squaddie still flies under JB11.  :salute

3. I wasn't a part of but I they were our rivals while I was part of the JB's and we had many countless encounters with them is the MAWS. I don't remember who led the MAWS but they were a huge squad. Much respect to my former foes.  :joystick:

:salute
27th
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:58:31 AM by 27th »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2015, 01:01:18 PM »
I'll PM you a png file of The Few's art, Oboe.

Great!   Thanks, Kazaa.

27th, I remember the MAWs.   What about JG11?  Have they been at it for more than 10 yrs?

Offline 27th

• Copper Member
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »
Great!   Thanks, Kazaa.

27th, I remember the MAWs.   What about JG11?  Have they been at it for more than 10 yrs?

I don't know anything of JG11.

:salute
27th

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2015, 03:51:50 PM »
Aww...CJ's get cut for not being before 05. :(  Oh well, dem da ropes. lol

Just toddlers.
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »
The 479th "Riddle's Raiders" FG started up in 1996 in AW and lasted in AH until I officially retired the squadron in 2013.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2015, 05:18:40 PM »
The 479th "Riddle's Raiders" FG started up in 1996 in AW and lasted in AH until I officially retired the squadron in 2013.

Sorry to hear about the 479th, Ack-Ack.    Little Edris is one of my favorite 38Js in the game.   Are you still flying?   

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2015, 07:21:09 PM »
Sorry to hear about the 479th, Ack-Ack.    Little Edris is one of my favorite 38Js in the game.   Are you still flying?

Yeah, it was sad pulling the plug on the Raiders but at the end I was the only one left as the others had moved on to life outside of AH. Yep, still flying. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2015, 07:29:45 PM »
BigB is still posting over at FW from MAW, and yes, his posts are as unintelligible there as his posts and 200 chatter was here, but he is still around, sort of, and the only MAW I know from those days.

I remember the JB guys well, great bunch of LW pilots, some great, really skilled 109 pilots, it's too bad they all aren't still around, but whenever I still see JB11 I think it is, I always remember them in their hey day.

It's funny how much things change, I remember when I flew with the 13TAS P51 guys for a while, the 412th Braunco Mustangs were another P51 squad where I knew a lot of guys. I don't know any of the new ones, even when I was speaking with their CO or XO recently, about how the squad got its name (the original CO's father had a boat called Braunco), they had no idea about any of that.  It's hard to remember some times just how long this game has lasted, and how much has changed over the years.  Hopefully in another 15 years somebody will be saying the same thing about all the squads playing now.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2015, 07:37:02 PM »
CMC is still around.

http://www.cutthroats.com/

They also have some old links to other squads from the mid 90's AW timeframe:  http://www.cutthroats.com/osquads.html

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2015, 07:46:19 PM »
I almost put in a request to join the Cutthroats in AW right before I discovered the JRs.  :D

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2015, 09:59:05 PM »
CMC is still around.

http://www.cutthroats.com/

They also have some old links to other squads from the mid 90's AW timeframe:  http://www.cutthroats.com/osquads.html

Yep, I know MiG (<---seen him chatting made me think of this thread) is still here and some others........in which I was going to post the CMC for oboe's chart...... along with the 4thFG ( Merch, Mute, Boozr, etc.... ) they came here from Air Warrior and although some of the older players are not flying anymore, the squad still exists....

but mir beat me to it   :old:  :neener:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2015, 08:10:15 AM »
Thanks I'll include CMC.   Can't find a website for the 4th FG.   Who's the CO?   

I did find this very nice webpage for the Loose Cannon Association though:

http://david.tenifer.com/aceshigh/

A squad of both people AND other squads.   Pretty interesting;  not a pure FG or BG, but sort of a composite group like the Air Commandos in the Far East.   Great webpage; very modern and clean layout.

Wish AH webpage still had a search function to list all the squads and their webpages.  I can only find the function that allows you to look up a player's squad...

Offline Larokkit

• Copper Member
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2015, 08:48:37 AM »
My squad "NAZGUL" came over bout the time Air Warrior was dying. late 90's?  I think im the only one left .
  some members were Melkor , Goth , Helm , Larokkit , Karaya , .

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2015, 08:53:54 AM »
My squad "NAZGUL" came over bout the time Air Warrior was dying. late 90's?  I think im the only one left .
  some members were Melkor , Goth , Helm , Larokkit , Karaya , .

I remember the NAZGUL!  And Karaya, too.   Sorry to hear about the languishing of your squad.   Maybe they'll come back with AH3 comes out?   What's your game ID?   Do you have a website? 

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2015, 10:04:27 AM »
I to dig this one up from the book "Warbirds - history so far"

Krod gave it to me at a EuroCon, many years ago.

Good stuff Oboe.  I am unsure when Daff started the 56th in WBs, but definitely before 2000.  Maybe Save can say?  When I started WBs in 1998, the 56th was active there.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera