Author Topic: Dresden bombing marked 70 years on  (Read 2223 times)

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
Re: Dresden bombing marked 70 years on
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2015, 12:43:39 PM »
No you British prefer to starve and work people to death in concentration camps (which btw. was invented by the British).
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2015, 12:46:28 PM »
It's all nice to sit in your armchair discussing the moral limits to total war 70 years after it happened.

Agreed.

Few Allied leaders really thought the Germans could win a World War, although the Ardennes offensive drove the potential cost in men and material to the forefront. This event combined with the fact the Yalta conference had just ended and it is readily apparent the Brits and the Americans wanted to show Stalin they were cooperative allies with the Red Army. Dresden did have a build up of German troops and war material reported by POWs and even German soldiers in Dresden. The bombing also had the desired effect to help dissuade the Russians from taking more territory than was agreed upon previously.

If I had any questions it would consist of; "If FDR had died in October or November of 1944, what would the political environment of Europe look like between 1945-1992?"
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2015, 12:54:07 PM »
For example: If certain radical forces currently beheading and burning people alive in the Middle East were to acquire a nuclear weapon or weapons and activate them in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, London, Paris and Berlin, what would be the proper moral response?

You tell me?

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2015, 01:07:19 PM »
So Nazi atrocities should not be condemned because they happened 70 years ago? What's the exact expiration date for an atrocity?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2015, 01:25:42 PM »
Nothing good is going to come from this one.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com