Author Topic: Aces High Squad Ring - feedback wanted  (Read 1539 times)

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: Aces High Squad Ring - feedback wanted
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 08:28:45 PM »
That looks great..
Any chance 71 RAF can get on..quite an old established squad
 :salute JimmyC
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 08:50:40 AM »
Hi JimmyC.   Sure, we can get your squad on -  is your squad 10 yrs old or more?  Do you guys have a website, or a particular squad logo you prefer?   Hw many in your squad and who is he CO?

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:55 AM »
Nicely done Oboe.  Thanks for your time and efforts.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »
Does the HTC web master want the additional job of keeping track of the squad list for this function? Or, for this to be fair, the repository for in game current squad art becomes the logo source?

This has merit in the message it will convey to prospective new players. Most people are not lone wolves and feel more comfortable about their activities in the company of the like minded.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 05:31:26 PM »
HTC needs to put back the option where you can check all current squad registered with them. It use to be on the main website. AH wiki isnt so go looking at the squad listings.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 06:25:50 PM »
HTC needs to put back the option where you can check all current squad registered with them. It use to be on the main website. AH wiki isnt so go looking at the squad listings.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/scores/allsquads.php

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 08:43:54 PM »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 09:11:53 PM »
Search works good! I remembered that the squad list was brought up before...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,360025.0.html

Skuzzy fixed it, and posted it here

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,360025.msg4778201.html#msg4778201

I saved it as I do with most other stupid things nobody would save. I think it was going to be added back into the web page, but don't think it made it in. Maybe it was another oversight like when they dropped the list.

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »
Excelent!  :cheers:
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
Hi JimmyC.   Sure, we can get your squad on -  is your squad 10 yrs old or more?  Do you guys have a website, or a particular squad logo you prefer?   Hw many in your squad and who is he CO?

Hi .yep squad was started by redtop batfinkv and SteffK  back in June 2004.
 B2B is the current Co
We have more than 1 wing..
In the hay day we had 3 full operational wings
71 (Eagle)RAF Logo  eagle holding thunderbolts ..as in my avatar

Cheers mate..good work

<S> JimmyC

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 08:58:56 AM »
OK JimmyC - 71 Sqdn RAF is now in there - I found a image on the web for the real squadron and used that - your avatar image was too small to be workable.

Using the link Fugitive provided I've also done some checking, and found the website and logo for The Elite, so I've added them too.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2015, 12:48:35 PM »
<S> thanks

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 10:15:36 AM »
I added a few more squads to the ring - The Unforgiven, 99th Aggressor Squadron, Claim Jumpers (its 2015 now so they could be considered 10 yrs old), and the Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group.

Also changed the link for the Arabian Knights to point to a more recent website I found, and changed the Flying Circus's logo.

http://tjlaven.brinkster.net/Flash/

Many of the logos have links to their squads websites, and browsing some of these websites I have found some interesting links about aircraft performance, squad tactics, and ACM.   

I'd still like to add the Sick Puppies (need a decent logo, and get more accurate logos for the Avengers and the Flying Mongrels - I have seen their squad noseart but 64x64 does not scale up well to the size of images I'm using in the ring).

Using that query link that Fugitive posted, I've learned the Blue Knights don't seem to have an active squad in the arena - Drex was the CO and apparently he's no longer active.   There are some other squad I saw on the list that I remember and some and logos (like the 444th Air Mafia) had good websites, but apparently no longer active:

>NAZGUL<
444TH AIR MAFIA
4th Fighter Group
9. Jagdgeschwader 54
Green Mountain Boys

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »
I added a few more squads to the ring - The Unforgiven, 99th Aggressor Squadron, Claim Jumpers (its 2015 now so they could be considered 10 yrs old), and the Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group.

Also changed the link for the Arabian Knights to point to a more recent website I found, and changed the Flying Circus's logo.

http://tjlaven.brinkster.net/Flash/

Many of the logos have links to their squads websites, and browsing some of these websites I have found some interesting links about aircraft performance, squad tactics, and ACM.   

I'd still like to add the Sick Puppies (need a decent logo, and get more accurate logos for the Avengers and the Flying Mongrels - I have seen their squad noseart but 64x64 does not scale up well to the size of images I'm using in the ring).

Using that query link that Fugitive posted, I've learned the Blue Knights don't seem to have an active squad in the arena - Drex was the CO and apparently he's no longer active.   There are some other squad I saw on the list that I remember and some and logos (like the 444th Air Mafia) had good websites, but apparently no longer active:

>NAZGUL<
444TH AIR MAFIA
4th Fighter Group
9. Jagdgeschwader 54
Green Mountain Boys

The 444th Air Mafia last CO was 007Rusty. He last flew in 2012. I actually have the whole Mafia site stored on my computer as I was CO from 99-02 and their "web master" much longer after that. That was one of the longest running squads. Beginning in the early 90's on Air Warrior until that games death through early 2009 on Aces High. 

The "ring" looks good.