Author Topic: Fun as watching grass grow  (Read 9804 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fun as watching grass grow
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2015, 03:00:14 PM »
Arlo,

He's learning from watching television. This is his version of pulling a Baltimore on Hitech. No gimmi what I want, no peace. In this post he is trying out community organizing with a walkout like we players are unionized.

Didn't you notice some occupy wallstreet flavor to the insurrection that tried to happen in these forums a few years back? So Hitech pulled a Giuliani on them.

His revenge on Hitech looks like he wants to assist the easy to stampede to leave the game because Hitech won't give him what he wants. That didn't work out very well when Hitech went Giuliani on the group who tried it last time. So far Vraciu has managed to only dance on the line they crossed like a blitzkrieg.

So what got you involved finally?

I'll take stalkers for 100, Alex.  :rolleyes:

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »
So what got you involved finally?

Same `ol. I don't much care for kids peeing in the sandbox from the other side of the chain-link fence just to stir up those who still play there.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2015, 03:29:31 PM »
Vote with your wallet.  It is the only thing they will hear.  Just reward them when they respond positively by coming back.

Vraciu, exactly what are you advocating here.  It looks like you are telling people to quit the game now and then come back only when what you dislike is fixed.  It looks like you want to take away the revenue that HiTech needs to operate on as he fixes what he is currently working on.

How, in any way, does this help the game?  How does this help stop the decline in numbers?

I have a problem with how you conduct yourself, sir.  You have become nothing but a Troll, sir.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:31:33 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2015, 03:45:01 PM »
I don't much care for kids peeing in the sandbox from the other side of the chain-link fence just to stir up those who still play there.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :aok
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2015, 03:51:29 PM »
And now on this saturday, where I actually would have a chance to fly & fight with ~200 players...

... my connection went down the drain (to be exact: the Verizon part of it in the US) and any play is now impossible  :furious
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2015, 03:55:51 PM »

Yeah I'm just not a big tank guy. I'm all about the air combat in AH, so I'm just kind of confused why you guys push the tank combat so much in a airplane game. However, I suppose its working and I don't see why having one tank night is a problem. But the fighter aspect to the arena is very fun IMO and I enjoy setting up attacks on players with no icons. It really gives you a perspective on how open you have to be with SA even when the dots are present on the maps at all times.

The only way more people are going to attempt to enter the arena is if  there are 4 or more people in the arena when people look at the clipboards to choose a fight. If I see more than 4 people in there I'll check it out to see if any are in the air flying. Then more people might join in from the confidence of the #s in the arena. I like the realistic fighter setups you guys have. I don't really think much needs to be changed honestly, it just needs 4> people in there at all times to maybe spark an interest for people to try it knowing there are already people in there willing to fight.

Maybe you could promote a fighter night much like you do a tank night on the main BB here and hopefully more peeps will check it out.

Tank night is just one night per week, and when it's going it's really fun. I don't love tanking but I think a couple of weeks ago, there was about 20 guys in there in tanks, it was fun.

More information will be coming out soon on the AvA wars and there will be a thing going on Monday night in the arena.

The AvA wars is sort of like a WW2 online ideaology behind it all, and if you want more information on the process, just send me a PM. It's sort of like combining the MA and the SEA.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »
HT needs to fix Verizon.   ;) (Honestly, I sympathize.)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2015, 03:59:21 PM »
Same `ol. I don't much care for kids peeing in the sandbox from the other side of the chain-link fence just to stir up those who still play there.

At least he learned from watching the last round of real ban hammering how to dance the bleeding edge of the flame. Still he has represented himself as wanting revenge on Hitech for unfulfilled demands. And willing to feed anyone else's mild issues with Hitech into full blown rage like his own if he can pull it off.

Guess Clint Eastwood got off easy in "Play Misty for Me". At least his angry stalker got a finite ending to the affair. Thankfully this isn't Garland either, just an unhappy internet hurt feelings peddler trolling for easy marks.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2015, 04:03:36 PM »
   :D

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »
Vraciu, exactly what are you advocating here.  It looks like you are telling people to quit the game now and then come back only when what you dislike is fixed.  It looks like you want to take away the revenue that HiTech needs to operate on as he fixes what he is currently working on.

How, in any way, does this help the game?  How does this help stop the decline in numbers?

I have a problem with how you conduct yourself, sir.  You have become nothing but a Troll, sir.

Look, it is your fifteen bucks.   I am just beyond the point where I will throw it away every month when the same issues that are ruining gameplay are allowed to persist. 

When people say they will blindly pay every month in the hope things will change it doesn't seem to incentivize anything but the status quo.   (Yes, I realize I am being harsh here, but I'm speaking on behalf of many who feel the same way.)

Pay your money and dance your dance.   I am not going to any more (for now). :salute
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:52:21 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2015, 04:46:16 PM »
In the real world you would then walk away and not linger having voted with your wallet.

Trying to nickel and dime Hitech's failure in any manner you can inflict in these forums. You wave some garbled badge of honor from which you grant yourself a holy right to do what ever you can to save the misguided from Hitech's evil by meeting that with your own evil.

They used to call it "Play Misty for Me" syndrome when people actually stalked you in person to harm you.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2015, 04:51:25 PM »
It is a discussion board is it not?

If discussion is not allowed it should renamed.

In the meantime I will post as I see fit.  HTC should at least know why people are leaving.  "Gameplay Issues" was a bit nebulous. 

If you don't like what I have to say feel free to put me on ignore, which is where you will soon be joining Arlo. 
”KILLER V”

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2015, 04:56:30 PM »
In the real world you would then walk away and not linger having voted with your wallet.

Trying to nickel and dime Hitech's failure in any manner you can inflict in these forums. You wave some garbled badge of honor from which you grant yourself a holy right to do what ever you can to save the misguided from Hitech's evil by meeting that with your own evil.

They used to call it "Play Misty for Me" syndrome when people actually stalked you in person to harm you.

I can't count the number of hobbies/games I've quit only to hang out on their forums to whine about why I quit and to encourage others to do likewise while pretending I'm doing something to 'help the community.' Mainly because I don't. I can't count the number of times I've threatened to put someone on ignore or bragged about how I'm ignoring them, either.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 05:14:32 PM by Arlo »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »
^^^^ Stalkers for 200, Alex.   :rolleyes:
”KILLER V”

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2015, 05:33:23 PM »
^^^^ Stalkers for 200, Alex.   :rolleyes:

It is a discussion board is it not?

If discussion is not allowed it should renamed.

In the meantime I will post as I see fit.  HTC should at least know why people are leaving.  "Gameplay Issues" was a bit nebulous. 

If you don't like what I have to say feel free to put me on ignore, which is where you will soon be joining Arlo.

HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep