Author Topic: tower etiquette?  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: tower etiquette?
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2015, 06:47:01 AM »
You don't happen to sell cars, do you?

I run a business called "Latrobe Aeroparts". We take working parts from planes I crash and sell them to people.  :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:49:21 AM by Latrobe »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2015, 07:04:30 AM »
... if you think for some reason the country you are on always has a large percentage of tower squatters. 

You'd think that'd be reason enough to switch sides.  :D

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2015, 12:38:51 PM »
How would that account for players waiting in the tower for a mission to up?

I don't understand why people don't just log off if they are going to be afk for extended periods of time.

It wouldn't have to. If the mission was set up prior to ENY rising it would be a fair deal. Plus all the players who upped the mission would effect the ENY of the rest of the country immediately when the mission launches.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2015, 12:40:53 PM »
No, I am right. Your unwillingness to switch doesn't make me wrong. Just because you're as hard to keep happy as my ex doesn't make the world unfair. My sympathy for you has limits, too.

So what you're saying here essentially is that your ex wanted a bigger and more powerful toy so you had to let her go?  :devil
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »
So what you're saying here essentially is that your ex wanted a bigger and more powerful toy so you had to let her go?  :devil

Not so much. Current wife (version 2/sane and reasonable) has no complaints.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2015, 12:50:51 PM »
After years of players complaining about ENY & tower sitting I have finally come up with a solution.

In the next version I will be removing the display of players counts in flight and only display total players. :t

HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2015, 01:18:32 PM »
 :rofl

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »
After years of players complaining about ENY & tower sitting I have finally come up with a solution.

In the next version I will be removing the display of players counts in flight and only display total players. :t

HiTech

Perfect! What they don't know can't bother them!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2015, 01:42:02 PM »

HiTech

who let you out of your room?????

you are punished into your room until you get AH done young man...

now turn around and get back in  there before I have to pull out the old belt and learn ya from the Bible son....... :furious

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2015, 01:47:09 PM »
Best way of starting a neverending paranoļa in forums "Bish(or Knits or Rooks) were all in tower, im sure...blah..blah..etc..." and with no proof, no end... :O

HiTech

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2015, 01:54:47 PM »

HiTech

This is a great idea!  :lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2015, 02:19:53 PM »

HiTech
You are my freaking hero!! ALL HAIL TO HiTech!!! Laud and honor to our magnificent leader!!!!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »

In the next version I will be removing the display of players counts in flight and only display total players.

You underestimate the depth of paranoia.  Only a matter of time before someone sends a spy over to the other side to count the green dots on the map and compare it to the total. 

And then maybe a counterspy to come back and count the dots on his own side.

This could be fun.  I have dibs on being Napoleon Solo.

- oldman

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2015, 06:58:19 AM »
This could be fun.  I have dibs on being Napoleon Solo.

- oldman

Well, since the actor who played Napoleon Solo is an old man now, that would fit.   :grin:

Of course, whoever gets to be Illya Kuryakin would need to have a call sign of "Ducky".

(If you don't understand this joke, look it up on IMDB.com)
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com