Author Topic: Points system  (Read 937 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Points system
« on: June 10, 2015, 03:10:37 AM »
OK, question for you guys. Are the damage per death and kill point scores figured like the perk point system (i.e. the object value vs eny value or object value) or no? If it isn't scored like perk system, does any one know what point values objects or planes are worth? Reason I ask is because I am looking to set up a sort of squad tournament/ more participation inducement type thing. Not that I don't trust my guys but don't want to score damage per sortie in attack mode if its just someone dropping eggs on town centers. So would need to know how much hangers and ground guns are worth, maybe even town buildings with in reasonable situations. I am hoping our resident stats man may know the answer. If not I could use some ideas on how to score this to keep it in reasonable town damage only. As this will be for cash prizes I want to make it count more for skill/ improvement type situations. Thanks in advance guys  :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Points system
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 03:32:04 AM »
Damage score point vs objects are a complicated matter. It's based on the damage you apply to them, but it's massively modified by the type (or better: the size) of weapon you used to destroy it.

Example: When you kill a shore battery with the large gun of T-34/85, you get about 20 times more damage score points than if you do the same in a M-16 with the quad .50 guns
It's the very same in planes: The same object destroyed by a 1k bomb gets you more damage score points than one destroyed by a 500lb bomb. With a 4k bomb, this is much more.

This is why you can't really compare the damage score points between two players to judge who did the most actual damage.

By the way, ENY, OBJ or anything like that play no role for score at all. On the othe rhand, how you end the mission has another massiv impact on your damage score points. Dying reduces the score turnout to 25%.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 03:43:24 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 09:31:20 AM »
Interesting.

Could you explain how points work in the fighter category? I understand landing gives you more. But when I kill someone with a 30mm, I only get about (maybe) 75 to 100 points per kill if I land them, where as I may get more with the 50s.. I have never understood how some players get over 10,000 points for 16 sorties flown and 2 deaths, when I can hardly get 700 for a 5-6 kill sortie??  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:33:25 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 09:50:30 AM »
Interesting.

Could you explain how points work in the fighter category? I understand landing gives you more. But when I kill someone with a 30mm, I only get about (maybe) 75 to 100 points per kill if I land them, where as I may get more with the 50s.. I have never understood how some players get over 10,000 points for 16 sorties flown and 2 deaths, when I can hardly get 700 for a 5-6 kill sortie??  :headscratch:

Fighter Kill Points in score are mostly damage points as well. With 50 cals you might do much more damage all over the enemy plane until a single component reached its individual max damage and breaks. While a single 30mm hit might very well do catastrophic damage to the same component.

But the main difference in average score points per kill (& assist!) doesn't come from the weapons, it comes from the target. Bombers require much more damage than fighters to go down, thus giving much more 'Kill Points' per victim.

When you look at my stats, you will see that I'm killing mostly bombers. That's why I have 248 points per kill&assist, while you (killing mostly enemy fighters) have 'only' 71.
(For the record, that's also the main reason why my hit % is that much higher - I don't really shoot that much better, my targets are just larger and generally don't maneuver)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 02:50:03 PM »
Damage score point vs objects are a complicated matter. It's based on the damage you apply to them, but it's massively modified by the type (or better: the size) of weapon you used to destroy it.

Example: When you kill a shore battery with the large gun of T-34/85, you get about 20 times more damage score points than if you do the same in a M-16 with the quad .50 guns
It's the very same in planes: The same object destroyed by a 1k bomb gets you more damage score points than one destroyed by a 500lb bomb. With a 4k bomb, this is much more.

This is why you can't really compare the damage score points between two players to judge who did the most actual damage.

By the way, ENY, OBJ or anything like that play no role for score at all. On the othe rhand, how you end the mission has another massiv impact on your damage score points. Dying reduces the score turnout to 25%.
Thanks That was how I believed it worked but wasn't really for certain. I guess the only skill part of damage rating I cold use would be bombing hit percentage then? In attack score. Thanks again :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »
I guess the only skill part of damage rating I cold use would be bombing hit percentage then? In attack score.

I'm usually trying to avoid this term, but it's really one thing that can be easily gamed and doesn't reflect any skill at all. If you look at my current attack score you see me at 3500% (rank 1).
That's because I just lobbed a single 1000kg bomb into a town center.

Damage hit% just says how many objects you did hit per bomb. Someone skillfully using rockets to deack or small bombs to take out an ords bunker will have a much lower damage hit percentage than someone lazily dropping a big bomb onto a center town cluster.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 02:57:40 AM »
 :bhead Dang it,just shoot all my ideas to rags!! lol  Do you have any ideas on how to possibly measure improvement in skill from tour to tour? :aok