Author Topic: New system unable  (Read 1600 times)

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
New system unable
« on: July 25, 2015, 11:19:03 PM »
I have a new Basic Office comp. Not meant for hard core games.And it Handles aces high 2 Great. the alpha . i get 2-4 frames a min with ALL graphics at min. I understand its not a finished product but i sure cant afford another pc!
Peanut1 in game.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: New system unable
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 12:23:59 AM »
DXdiag or can you tell us what your video card is? Will your system allow putting a new video card in it or is it a chip on the board.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 12:27:55 AM »
maybe you can afford just a second hand vid card?
just a thought
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 12:42:39 AM »
DXdiag or can you tell us what your video card is? Will your system allow putting a new video card in it or is it a chip on the board.
Its a built in thing. no room for expansion. I admit its junk but it works GREAT for ah2 with graphics up. Im surprised its crap for alpha 3 even though the alpha is so similar. 
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 12:54:02 AM »
If you tell us what it is and post the dxdiag, someone may be able to help you get it to work better.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 01:12:08 AM »
AH2 graphics is CPU intensive. Alpha is GPU intensive.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 11:02:43 AM »
If you tell us what it is and post the dxdiag, someone may be able to help you get it to work better.
Will do this evening.
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 11:33:00 AM »
Its a built in thing. no room for expansion. I admit its junk but it works GREAT for ah2 with graphics up. Im surprised its crap for alpha 3 even though the alpha is so similar.
It's not similar at all. It only looks similar. AH2 is processor dependent, AH3 moves the load to the video card.

Just as bustr already said.

The idea of getting a second hand video card is a good low budget advice if you have a pci-e 16x slot on the motherboard. My own rig is already 7 years old with a little more modern video card and the Alpha is as playable as AH2, although my video card gets much hotter with the Alpha.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 12:41:24 PM »
I tossed this together, for another reason, but it seems applicable. 

I started just to list the all the differences, but then figured this would probably show it better.

Worth noting is how little of the model was changed for the Alpha.  I think the gauges were the only things changed.  The B17G is one of our oldest AHII models.

In this video you will see reflections, specular, HDR and some other subtle lighting features of the new graphic engine.  All these things are being processed on the video card.  To do these things using the CPU alone would be completely prohibitive.

The shots were taken at the same time of day, with the plane facing the same direction, on the same runway, between both versions of the game.  It is about as equal a comparison as can be done.

Please keep in mind this is Alpha, and subject to change.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:20:04 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 03:56:38 PM »
I just today started up the alpha. I decided to post here because I too seem to have a frame rate issue.

game vid card settings, 512 text, AA off, v-sync enabled, auto field of view.
pre log screen gets 59 fps
offline, 1920 x 1080 default res, gets 21-23 fps offline sitting tower, hanger.
offline, 1360x768 res gets 35 fps, ditto areas.

my sig has pc specs
all vid card pc profile  settings mostly off, high perf, single GPU........my vid card has 896mb ram

I will try to get DX report here, but I looked and no obvious issues.

AHII all settings maxed out.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 04:01:17 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 03:59:51 PM »
I understand that my knowledge of computers is lacking. Im just thoroughly bummed. Im hoping for best though! . How do I do one if these reports?
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 04:07:04 PM »
I just today started up the alpha. I decided to post here because I too seem to have a frame rate issue.

game vid card settings, 512 text, AA off, v-sync enabled, auto field of view.
pre log screen gets 59 fps
offline, 1920 x 1080 default res, gets 21-23 fps offline sitting tower, hanger.
offline, 1360x768 res gets 35 fps, ditto areas.

my sig has pc specs
all vid card pc profile  settings mostly off, high perf, single GPU........my vid card has 896mb ram

I will try to get DX report here, but I looked and no obvious issues.

AHII all settings maxed out.

That is about the performance I would expect to see for that video card and the Alpha.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 04:26:21 PM »
wow, really I'm bummed then. 2 cards, 896mb ram each, OC'ed a bit as well.

SLI does not work well, I turned SLI off in pc and got a increase in fps. I take it SLI or Cross fire not supported, yes?

The 2 graphic settings that cause the biggest hit are reflections and the low light. Dump those and fps goes to 40. reflections is a 15 fps hit all by itself.
If I uncheck all those graphics options I get 60 fps. Environment at none. But I lose all the new stuff........................ ............

I shall keep poking. I assume that at some point y'all will publish the minimum vid card that is acceptable.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 04:29:46 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 04:31:53 PM »
It's not similar at all. It only looks similar. AH2 is processor dependent, AH3 moves the load to the video card.

Just as bustr already said.

The idea of getting a second hand video card is a good low budget advice if you have a pci-e 16x slot on the motherboard. My own rig is already 7 years old with a little more modern video card and the Alpha is as playable as AH2, although my video card gets much hotter with the Alpha.

May I ask what vid card you running?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 04:38:15 PM »
The GTX 260 in SLI should allow you about 140% better performance than the GTX 9800 even without an optimal SLI game. The problem is probably the way your MB is setup, and the CPU/tri-channel memory bottleneck.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.