Author Topic: New system unable  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: New system unable
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 04:47:29 PM »
wow, really I'm bummed then. 2 cards, 896mb ram each, OC'ed a bit as well.

SLI does not work well, I turned SLI off in pc and got a increase in fps. I take it SLI or Cross fire not supported, yes?

The 2 graphic settings that cause the biggest hit are reflections and the low light. Dump those and fps goes to 40. reflections is a 15 fps hit all by itself.
If I uncheck all those graphics options I get 60 fps. Environment at none. But I lose all the new stuff........................ ............

I shall keep poking. I assume that at some point y'all will publish the minimum vid card that is acceptable.

Sounds like you are getting exactly what I would expect with the Alpha, with that video card.

As far as SLI goes, do not expect it to do much of anything for the game.  The current Aces High SLI profile,  supplied by NVidia, is for Aces High I.  It's not even optimized for Aces High 2.  NVidia has been slow to supply SLI profiles for many games.  Getting them to update the SLI profile for Aces High is going to be tough.

And yes, NVidia has to supply the profile.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 05:02:38 PM »
Are you sure, Skuzzy? They claim that the automatic configuration would require a custom profile, but that the user may also create their own?

http://www.nvidia.in/object/sli-technology-games-in.html

I understand why having one included with the Nvidia Control Panel would be better, but they seem to be saying you don't have to have it?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 05:09:34 PM »
NVIDIA says you can create your own custom SLI profile for a game.

http://www.nvidia.in/object/slizone-appprofile-in.html

Suppose that means it's on the player to make SLI happen for AH3 in the end.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 05:14:30 PM »
Okay, that is news to me.  We will have to evaluate that.  Thanks guys.  Why are those links to India?

I also noted, they said you could do it for applications which do not have a predefined profile.  Aces High does have a predefined profile.  A bad one, but it is predefined.

I'll look into this some more.

I just recall the issues Respawn had with Titanfall in getting an SLI profile done with NVidia.  Took several months after the game was released.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:17:42 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 05:26:13 PM »
It's true that they require the game title be added to a list of those to add, and sometimes they are slow to check the boards, but they do update from time-to-time. Pretty sure we have enough people to pressure them 'politely.'

Come to think of it I think I posted a link to the list back in January (give or take).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 05:33:09 PM »
@MADe: Can you go into the Custom Profile section, add Aces High, and then "Force Alternate Frame Rendering 2" to the profile?

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 05:49:28 PM »
The GTX 260 in SLI should allow you about 140% better performance than the GTX 9800 even without an optimal SLI game. The problem is probably the way your MB is setup, and the CPU/tri-channel memory bottleneck.

Please to explain, give up a link or any further info.

I built this machine  many moons ago, and heard nada about what you are stating, so begging here he he........................... ......................
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 05:51:01 PM »
@MADe: Can you go into the Custom Profile section, add Aces High, and then "Force Alternate Frame Rendering 2" to the profile?

Yes that's how I run AH2, but alpha is better with sli disabled or the profile selecting single gpu. I did try it.
I have been using my own profile with AH a long time.
Actually I have pretty much turned off most of the AH2 profile options because I use SweetFX. Not with alpha yet!

SweetFx blows away all the profile adjustments and does more for the games looks and eye candy. My beginning forays into alpha have already convinced me to use SweetFX with AH3. It pops the color, sharpens the image, has way better contrast..................... ............but of course that's after I have my pc right.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:00:45 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015, 05:56:22 PM »
So you already added your own profile, but it still works better with SLI disabled?

I can't show a screenshot of the control panel, because I no longer have the 2## series card. I'm operating off of memory, and that's failing me more and more.

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 06:02:38 PM »
So you already added your own profile, but it still works better with SLI disabled?

I can't show a screenshot of the control panel, because I no longer have the 2## series card. I'm operating off of memory, and that's failing me more and more.

With AH2 I run alternate frame 2.
With Alpha must use single gpu for best fps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »
Okay, but my question is did you add the "ahalpha.exe" to a new custom profile? Because without doing that you will get what you got out of SLI (worse than a single GPU).

EDIT: This is where I have added the ahalpha.exe and I am testing different AF settings.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:15:34 PM by Chalenge »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 06:14:37 PM »
I run twin GTX 260s also my frame rates are the same as the other op's about the same frame rates also I guess I won't know what to do until the final version of AH3 is out then I guess I'll go from there
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:16:20 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2015, 06:39:15 PM »
yes sir I created an Alpha profile.

I am still wondering what vid card bizman is running, his pc is about as old as mine.

offline mode hates shadows, reflections, and post lighting.
offline hates being around a field with objects and ack ack firing. That's pretty much normal. tho
Guess I will test it with sweetfx, wtf. Might as well see what happens.

the new terrain engine seems very similar to what WoW was doing, but there servers only handled 16 players, I beta tested it briefly. Quit when I realized how small the server numbers were gonna be. Part of the joy to AH2 is its ability to be a true mmorpg. Large player base is key.

Also I realize AH needs a bit different intel from the alpha test so I will just run with it for now, see if I can find what AH wants. I needed to get a reasonable fps in order to test tho.
s

quick edit game says I have 879mb in gpu ram and its using 314mb of that number.
SweetFX really helps the look BUT, being gpu based it causes fps loss so.........................
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:06:57 PM by MADe »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2015, 06:55:30 PM »
If memory serves me at the moment I seem to recall Bizman is using a Radeon 69-something.

This is still an alpha version and we are supposed to be looking for bugs more than worrying about frame rates. Usually (although never a sure thing) frame rates improve before beta, and then again before release. Not sure what we will see here, but I would think something similar.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2015, 06:56:10 PM »
I understand that my knowledge of computers is lacking. Im just thoroughly bummed. Im hoping for best though! . How do I do one if these reports?

Here is link to Skuzzy's Hints and Tips sticky in the Technical Support section of the forum that explains how to do a dxdiag report. Only difference will be to attach the report to your post instead of emailing to Skuzzy.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,71591.msg3215282.html#msg3215282
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'