Author Topic: why do we need to know who killed us?  (Read 2241 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: why do we need to know who killed us?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2015, 01:16:14 AM »
For me 200 makes the game way more fun..the game was fun when I first started..then it went up a notch when I downloaded the sound pack..then when I discovered 200 it was a great platform for fun banter and I use it as a tool...most of the time..Lol as far as the in game id notification of a kill or being killed..when I see I've been shot down I want to know who it is they've earned it I salute most of the time, regardless how they killed me..(vulching, HO, pick, RUNWAY CAMPING MANO! Lol, spawn camped, bombed, proxys or just out flown or better shot) I want the credit when I kill and I want them geTting the credit when I die Imho <S>
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »
This

How many times on range do you hear " who was that "  we all want to know.

If the game becomes wussified, it would just turn into Microsoft FSX.
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2015, 04:53:31 PM »
In AW there wasn't a system message that told you who shot you down but that never stopped the mud slinging.

However there was an arena system message stating that """goober" has been shot down" right next to the victors personnel text line showing " A kill has been recorded". Just incase there was any doubt this was usually followed by the victors kill macro.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2015, 05:38:10 PM »
However there was an arena system message stating that """goober" has been shot down" right next to the victors personnel text line showing " A kill has been recorded". Just incase there was any doubt this was usually followed by the victors kill macro.

But it never showed who shot you down, to find that out you had to look at the AAR in the O'club.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2015, 02:43:29 AM »
AH is a social game as much as it is a combat flight simulator. I would have been playing the same bloody game for 15 years had it been otherwise.

AH is a community of players - not 3 communities of chess pieces. The veteran players know each other regardless of the chess piece the currently happen to play for. Hopping countries to play together with players you like that happen to be online is common among the veterans. The opposite is also common where a player jumps country to attack his buddies and all in good humor.

Knowing who you play against allow you to start a conversation with them and get to know them. Then a short time after you find yourselves on the same side and it is fun to cooperate for a change. The kill message is both an introduction and an "I am here" message. Without it you will not get to know 2/3 of the players on your time zone.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2015, 02:51:04 AM »
AH is a social game as much as it is a combat flight simulator. I would have been playing the same bloody game for 15 years had it been otherwise.

AH is a community of players - not 3 communities of chess pieces. The veteran players know each other regardless of the chess piece the currently happen to play for. Hopping countries to play together with players you like that happen to be online is common among the veterans. The opposite is also common where a player jumps country to attack his buddies and all in good humor.

Knowing who you play against allow you to start a conversation with them and get to know them. Then a short time after you find yourselves on the same side and it is fun to cooperate for a change. The kill message is both an introduction and an "I am here" message. Without it you will not get to know 2/3 of the players on your time zone.
experienced this Tonight when splash01 and lefty were bish..had a blast getting to know them .
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2015, 06:51:14 AM »
But it never showed who shot you down, to find that out you had to look at the AAR in the O'club.

There was an element of mystery... Excepting when your death was followed by the Kill Macro of the arbiter of your demise.

In AH this would lessen the impact of kill collecting without finishing folk off. It's clear that some pepper an opponent to be finished by others who only collect an assist.
Ludere Vincere

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 09:33:29 AM »
Agreed. One time a month or so ago, KB and I got into a nice fight. Don't remember who turned out to win, but afterwards we held 4-5 more impromptu fights, after exchanging some PMs. I have to say, I've never had more fun in Aces High than the night KB and I fought for an hour 5 or 6 times.  :airplane:

This is true, very weird but beneficial 40 minutes of game time. We matched sticks between his 109 and my jug for a few goes, then I switched over to match his ride and we proceeded to duel in the LWMA. It was a great divergence from normal gameplay to learn a few strengths and weaknesses of aircraft.  :salute Sir, was an enjoyable evening made possible by private messages and having seen who killed who...  :airplane:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2015, 05:25:28 AM »
With respect, Sir, sometimes it's beneficial to know who shot you down so that you might communicate with them on a private channel and ask them how they shot you down. Aces High has a strong base of players who are willing to share their knowledge with you, and many of these players are willing to Wing with you to help you learn.

Always been this way. Also keep your films and review them like you would your last football game and see where you messed up at, Its something I use to do. And quite honestly I need to start doing again my 1v1 has gotten terrible im an opportunistic killer my defence sucks bricks at the moment.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2015, 04:05:29 PM »
If it makes you feel better I rarely care who I shot down or who shoots me down. I will try to learn from that experience though.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2015, 12:16:26 PM »
Unfortunately, there are some who act the child because they got bested. Fortunately there are few in the game that act badly. I have seen many a good kill texted between two pilots after a fight to understand that for the most part its a positive environment here.

As someone suggested you can block anyone who acts like a dope, so where you might feel that its not realistic game play, its about generating a community environment of fun and cordial behavior, which for the most part exists here.

Most peeps say garbage because there is a pc between them and the other. Most say garbage because there is no upshot, most would choose different words if things were face to face, they might get B-slapped otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:18:14 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline SteelyDan68

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »
Some of you guys realize you can DETUNE 200, right? :noid

I did just that!!! :aok smartest thing I did...

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2015, 12:29:58 AM »

I think it would pretty boring not to know who killed you and who you killed...it would be more like an arcade game that
you just shoot at things. 

200 is pure entertainment...why would you want to detune?  lol 

:D

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2015, 07:31:20 AM »
Unfortunately, there are some who act the child because they got bested. Fortunately there are few in the game that act badly. I have seen many a good kill texted between two pilots after a fight to understand that for the most part its a positive environment here.

As someone suggested you can block anyone who acts like a dope, so where you might feel that its not realistic game play, its about generating a community environment of fun and cordial behavior, which for the most part exists here.

Most peeps say garbage because there is a pc between them and the other. Most say garbage because there is no upshot, most would choose different words if things were face to face, they might get B-slapped otherwise.
This...

I think it's a side effect of the "not my fault" generation. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2015, 10:42:07 AM »
Turn ur channel 200 off, will solve ur personal problem with name callings... :rolleyes:

hello everyone!, just thinking about this last night while in LW, is there a reason the name of the guy who shoots you down needs to be shown,why can't it just be left at P 51 has shot you down,perhaps it would ease up on some of the constant fighting and name calling,and calling guys out during the game,i could see after you get back to base the text buffer showing "whoever" landed 5 kills in a P 51D.did anyone in real battle ever know who was gunning for them? I would think it would allow guys to just concentrate on playing the game not so much seeking revenge across a map to seek out one person and gang up on them,again just my humble opinion,cant wait for AH3! :airplane:

" Army Of Wolves "