Author Topic: what causes drone warp and can it be fixed?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
what causes drone warp and can it be fixed?
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:02:58 AM »
When a bomber pilot makes a tight turn, his drones can extend way out from him.  At that moment, you attack the drone - figuring the gunner has no chance for a shot.  Wrong.  The drone magically warps out of your gun sight.  :bhead

What causes this to happen?
Is it something only seen on the attacker's end?
Why would the drones warp, when the lead doesn't?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: what causes drone warp and can it be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:04:50 AM »
It on my list to change  the way the drone position information is handled.

HiTech

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 10:08:15 AM »
Thank you!  :cheers:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 10:14:31 AM »

HiTech

That deserves a  :banana:.  Thank you HT!

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 12:01:16 PM »

HiTech

Awesome great to hear!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »
  I was able to shoot my own drone with a B25 straifer!

The drones are so slow to respond and lag so far behind I was able to take the lead and shoot at the drones,I was in the TA goofing around but it shows just how bad the issue can be!

:salute

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 05:08:30 PM »
HiTech

If this means bombers not being able to keep drones while making wild maneuvers, full-throttle turns and high-speed dives, this is honestly the single most encouraging thing I've heard about updates to AH! 

I believe fixing things like unrealistic bomber performance and the ability to "game" warping -- things which affect game play -- are as important (if not more important) than the graphics improvements.  I had been hoping the update might include some such things, but I have heard very little in that regard.   

What I've mostly seen discussed (and experienced myself after downloading and mousing around in the alpha) is excitement over things like canopy scratches, increased glare and prismatic lighting effects, which while pretty, in my opinion may be excessive, in that they can make game-play (visibility) harder for new people, not necessarily better. 

Prettier terrain, updated AC models and new base layouts are great and much-needed improvements, but ultimately AH for me is about the simulated combat.  Things that improve the simulated combat experience and reduce some of the "gamey-ness" are what would get me to plug my flight sim gear back in and give AH another go.  So, I'd like to hear more along those lines as well, please.

My two pennies...

<S> all
Ryno
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:13:34 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 02:38:21 AM »
If this means bombers not being able to keep drones while making wild maneuvers, full-throttle turns and high-speed dives, this is honestly the single most encouraging thing I've heard about updates to AH! 

I believe fixing things like unrealistic bomber performance and the ability to "game" warping -- things which affect game play -- are as important (if not more important) than the graphics improvements.  I had been hoping the update might include some such things, but I have heard very little in that regard.   

What I've mostly seen discussed (and experienced myself after downloading and mousing around in the alpha) is excitement over things like canopy scratches, increased glare and prismatic lighting effects, which while pretty, in my opinion may be excessive, in that they can make game-play (visibility) harder for new people, not necessarily better. 

Prettier terrain, updated AC models and new base layouts are great and much-needed improvements, but ultimately AH for me is about the simulated combat.  Things that improve the simulated combat experience and reduce some of the "gamey-ness" are what would get me to plug my flight sim gear back in and give AH another go.  So, I'd like to hear more along those lines as well, please.

My two pennies...

<S> all
Ryno

ha good to see ya back around ryno.. :salute
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 05:47:48 AM »

HiTech

That will be greatly appreciated by all. :aok

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 02:34:56 PM »
ha good to see ya back around ryno.. :salute

Hi Mike. While I'm out of AH, I'm still monitoring the forum to keep up on what's new and what's not.  It will be interesting to see what the update actually does for game play.

I'm glad to see you are still plugging away and learning.  I watched a couple of your films recently and noticed that continuing to work on your views, flying while looking backward (or other directions), and improving your SA (situational awareness) will still go a long way to help you.  Remember "lose sight, lose the fight".  If you can continually watch the con and know where he is going, you can try to stay one move ahead of him, instead of feeling like you're a step behind.

Most importantly, I hope you keep flying and having fun!

<S>
Ryno

(Sorry for the brief hijack, OP.)
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 12:59:11 PM »
hopefully HT take care of the more and more used "turn plane -switch plane" - gaming the game options bombers formations now have.
This use makes the warping even more effective .
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera