Author Topic: Craziest Inning of Baseball Ever  (Read 617 times)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
Craziest Inning of Baseball Ever
« on: October 15, 2015, 02:35:57 AM »
Things I've never ever seen until the 7th inning of the Blue Jays/Rangers ALDS Game 5:

1. A ball getting thrown back to the mound by the catcher clips the bat...ruled a live ball....allows a runner to score what could be the winning run in a do or die situation.

2. Canadians rioting at a non-hockey event.

3. A baseball team having to tell their own fans to calm the heck down.

4. Mothers having to shelter their children from thrown objects, only not in an active war zone.

5. One of the best middle infields in the game committing three(!) errors in a row to load the bases.

6. A home run and a bat flip for the ages.

7. A pitcher coming off the mound to tell the on-deck batter that he doesn't like bat flips, resulting in the benches clearing.

8. Same pitcher walking all the way to home plate and swatting the last batter on the butt, benches empty onto the field again.

9. A player not on the active roster getting tossed from the game.

In the course of watching that inning, I was appalled, disgusted, frustrated, angry, elated and downright baffled. This is why I love the game. Not proud of some of our fans, but damn proud of our Blue Jays.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Re: Craziest Inning of Baseball Ever
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 03:37:34 AM »
It's just not cricket old boy.  :old:

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 06:03:00 AM »
5. One of the best middle infields in the game committing three(!) errors in a row to load the bases.

Only the Oakland Athletics committed more errors than the Rangers. 126 and 119

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 06:51:01 AM »

Cardinals WERE one of the best defenses in baseball, and lost the LDS because of 5 unearned runs scoring without the ball being hit out of the infield in Game 2:

Wong botched an easy double play by making the throw to first into the dirt, and Garcia sailed the throw to first on TWO SAFETY SQUEEZES IN A ROW.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 08:10:30 AM »
It's just not cricket old boy.  :old:

And for that, we are grateful.....  ;)
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 08:29:03 AM »
I knew that was a live ball. I remember Mackey Sasser disease. I wonder how bad it would have been if they had ended up losing that series on THAT play? I figure they'd be flipping cars all the way to Detroit!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 09:18:52 AM »
I heard that there were two innings that were over 100 minutes of combined playtime. 

Crazy game for sure, first time since Joe Carter homered in 1993 that the Jays have won at home in the playoffs - the home run Bautista hit, the ball landed about 10 feet from Joe Carters name on the 2nd deck, I thought it was going to hit it for a second. 

I agree that the fans reaction was disappointing.  After the brew-haha of the announcer in game 2 saying a foul ball was dangerous because Canadian fans haven't played baseball and don't know how to catch, apparently the fans wanted to show they do know how to throw, because they tossed a barrage of cans and other crap on to the lower decks and the field. 

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 09:40:52 AM »
Not our finest hour, for sure. But in true Canadian fashion the Mounties got their man. The person responsible for hitting a baby with beer spray  (not a can, and the child was fine) was arrested and charged. Still. I was very disappointed in our fans.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:26:14 PM by Muzzy »

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 09:43:49 AM »
Did the Canadian fans apologize one by one as they exited the stadium to security personal? :p

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 10:07:44 AM »

:rock :rock Go Jays!
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 02:01:11 PM »
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 02:03:45 PM by Krupinski »

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »
Did the Canadian fans apologize one by one as they exited the stadium to security personal? :p

Have you shampooed you garage carpet lately?

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 04:47:55 PM »
Crazy.

Glad Toronto got to move on. Have to feel for the Rangers after the way they lost the 2011 World Series. The damn goat may have moved to Texas.  :noid  :devil

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.