Author Topic: My "This game has become junk" rant.  (Read 18721 times)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
Re: My "This game has become junk" rant.
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2015, 05:43:02 PM »
no, it doesnt happen to the bish the most. not even close. bish almost always have numbers and almost always hording with them. just today, bish horded 2 maps. youre the first to avoid competition and gang two teams versus one, every time. last week, when you wrote your little complaint, it was literally 112 bish/nits vs 38 rooks.  so for 3 days, there were no darbars on the bish/nit front. and everytime during those 3 days, that i logged in to see the numbers, it was similar numbers. we had 28% of our bases on a huge map. most people just logged because they get tired of getting slaughtered by 10 gangers who will be the first to gang and also the first to run from a 1v1. to me, it says a lot about a persons character when they would rather kick a dead horse than tempt a growling dog. these people will do anything, except taking cartoon risks, to win in a game that you dont get any material gains whatsoever. if theyll do this or that in a game. imagine what theyll do in real life where the consequences are real. then, to see that those people will come here to complain about getting a fraction of what they give, is mind numbing.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2015, 10:58:22 PM »
I dunno why yall are complaining so.. All this is perfect examples of how the 12/6hr switch time works perfectly..  ;p
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2015, 01:23:12 AM »
Well do what I just did. I took a look at the map and saw no fights between Rook and Knights. I just logged off. No point in getting mad about it There's nothing you can do about it. All they want to do is pick and vulch anyway. Makes their scores look good. Just log off and go to bed.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2015, 04:16:08 AM »
Vudu all I can tell you is what I see when I'm logged on which is primarily off prime hours and I see it over and over. It was the same tonight and I did what Bellator did, log off instead of being cannon fodder for score hordes. There was no Rook Knight fight, but both sides were attacking Bish.

Limit the number of aircraft from a field (which would be historically accurate). That would force the horders to either fly great distance from multiple bases or pick a different front. Maybe the answer is a 2 way fight instead of 3. All I know is what we have now ain't working.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2015, 04:52:56 AM »
Limit the number of aircraft from a field (which would be historically accurate).

What limits would you have in mind?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2015, 07:47:55 AM »
RPM what side you fly for?

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2015, 08:03:37 AM »
RPM what side you fly for?

He flies for Bish, thats why hes crying all the time !  :devil JUST KIDDING!

If you limit the fields to say 10, which is a reasonable number, your still going to have the issue you see in your low numbers time. The same goes for the two sided war. All that will get you is a single "pick fest" on a single front.

The problem is with the limited numbers you see less opportunities for your kind of action. It's hard to lead when you have no followers, and it sucks following when the leaders are leading you into a fight you don't find fun.

Personally I don't think there is an adjustment HTC could do to "help" the situation. The only thing that is going to help is more numbers. 

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2015, 03:17:06 PM »
Vudu all I can tell you is what I see when I'm logged on which is primarily off prime hours and I see it over and over. It was the same tonight and I did what Bellator did, log off instead of being cannon fodder for score hordes. There was no Rook Knight fight, but both sides were attacking Bish.

rpm, well, if youre mostly logged in at off prime hrs (typical easy mode), then you probably rarely see the bish outnumbered or ganged. youre actually only playing when the bish have every single advantage. like weekday mornings when you guys roll every undefended base known to man with twice the numbers of nits, rooks. but, youre not crying about that are ya? of course not. its ok for you to do the crap you hate, but you dont like it when you get what you give. then, when numbers get on you guys dont wanna play anymore. smh.  now when you start getting what you constantly give, all the sudden you care.

when its bish/nit vs rooks or bish/rooks vs nits, do you log off then too? do you log because you guys outnumber and you dont want to be a part of a "score horde"? i guarantee that NO is your answer if youre honest. you jump right in like all the other hider, easy moders do. pure hypocrisy and entitlement is what your post is.

even though i agree with your original post mostly, it irks me to see a bish complaining about it considering that the bish are by far, the biggest perpetrators of everything you gripe about. and i am sure that alls fine and dandy as long as youre not on the sht end of the stick. its 100% hypocritical entitlement. pathetic.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »
rpm, well, if youre mostly logged in at off prime hrs (typical easy mode)

WTF does that mean?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2015, 03:22:29 PM »

What limits would you have in mind?
That is an excellent question and I don't have a good answer. Not sure what the numbers were in AW (I know it was limited because of a different reason) but those seemed to work. When you ran out of planes at a base, you had to move to another. There were fewer bases and they were further apart, so it would need some adjusting to fit AH. Maybe make it a Zone thing (# of country players / bases per zone). You could still horde, but you would have to do some serious planning and cooperation which would be historically accurate. But allowing 50% or more of your players to fly from a single forward base isn't anywhere near historical accuracy.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2015, 03:30:23 PM »
rpm, well, if youre mostly logged in at off prime hrs (typical easy mode), then you probably rarely see the bish outnumbered or ganged. youre actually only playing when the bish have every single advantage. like weekday mornings when you guys roll every undefended base known to man with twice the numbers of nits, rooks. but, youre not crying about that are ya? of course not. its ok for you to do the crap you hate, but you dont like it when you get what you give. then, when numbers get on you guys dont wanna play anymore. smh.  now when you start getting what you constantly give, all the sudden you care.

when its bish/nit vs rooks or bish/rooks vs nits, do you log off then too? do you log because you guys outnumber and you dont want to be a part of a "score horde"? i guarantee that NO is your answer if youre honest. you jump right in like all the other hider, easy moders do. pure hypocrisy and entitlement is what your post is.

even though i agree with your original post mostly, it irks me to see a bish complaining about it considering that the bish are by far, the biggest perpetrators of everything you gripe about. and i am sure that alls fine and dandy as long as youre not on the sht end of the stick. its 100% hypocritical entitlement. pathetic.
You're just trolling now. Ask 0Rick or SFOX how ganged they are in off hours. And to answer your question, I don't normally join a horde. I'm typically trying to find a different fight or defend. Why would I want to do all the hard work and let another guy zoom in and take the kill? I've already said it isn't just Bish that get horded.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »
WTF does that mean?
it means there is very little competition on weekday mornings. very little risk of being beaten.  so the easy mode players log on until more numbers get on. then they log off when competition arrives.  then gripe when they get what they give once in a blue moon.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2015, 04:11:53 PM »
You could still horde, but you would have to do some serious planning and cooperation which would be historically accurate. But allowing 50% or more of your players to fly from a single forward base isn't anywhere near historical accuracy.

First, the MA doesn't go for that kind of "historical accuracy". Fields that rebuild in 15 minutes. ENY limits - yes, hording actually IS historically accurate. All kind of planes for every side... and so on.

Second: Numbers.
During off hours we are often less than 40 players total, with maybe 5-10 'inflight' per side at all (of those, some are in tanks anyway).
Under these conditions, it's hard enough to find any kind of sustained battle, more than just a single elusive red dot to chase. Even at Euro prime time we are down to 70-90 players total.
Any field limit that would actually have an impact on numbers that low would cause these few people to spread out even more ("Sorry, you are the 3rd pilot to lift from that base, please choose another one").
Or imagine the only battle on the map is happening at a remote airbase... and you can't join because the field limit had been reached.  :bhead

You have no Idea how much I wish the mega hordes of old coming back, so I would have anything to shoot at in my timezone... ;)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2015, 04:57:01 PM »
You never flew in Air Warrior, did you?
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2015, 04:59:04 PM »
You never flew in Air Warrior, did you?

No. I fly Aces High now and face the current conditions :)