Author Topic: So... Should I come back?  (Read 3240 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: So... Should I come back?
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »
I hope it means that some forums are restricted to account holders, and non players can only see folders that pertain to Q&A on how to join in on the fun.

Baaah.  There's enough private forums for you to join.
Leave it like it is.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2015, 01:00:12 AM »
I smell something...

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2015, 05:13:38 AM »
.....Danny is awesome.......and so is Zack......Pipz is only semi Canadian.... :old:

How dare you!
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2015, 06:40:28 AM »
Shake307, I don't know you, but if this many people responded to your post, and in a positive way, then I'd say it is worth your time and money to get back in the game. I know that I couldn't afford to ignore this many encouraging requests: you must have a friend, or three, in here. C'mon back, we need good peeps. :airplane:

edit: OK I just read your second post: so, welcome back! :salute
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:42:01 AM by nooby52 »

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2015, 06:47:51 AM »
I hope it means that some forums are restricted to account holders, and non players can only see folders that pertain to Q&A on how to join in on the fun.

No new AH stats roundup in January then, I guess ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2015, 07:24:32 AM »
Yes, but, otoh, you could confirm or refute the assertion ( and I expect you'll do so).
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2015, 04:52:51 PM »
Get back in here.  It is people like you that made it fun.  Not fun when people like you leave.  You are a rounded player.  I haven't logged much time lately.  Mainly because of moving and family stuff coming up, plus my new commute being an hour and a half, I come home wiped out and fall a sleep on the recliner.   

We need you and people like you back in the game.  The true honor are the friends you make along the way.  Spend no time worrying about how others play though...

Hope to see you again!

:rock
SlipKnoT
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2015, 05:07:16 PM »
its a great game. you should come back. avoid channel 200 and the forums and the worst elements of the community will not have a way to ruin your fun. I say this from experience.

I had come back to the game a few years ago after achievements were added and was having the most fun in AH id ever had minding my own business happy as a clam and building a new main arena as well at the time motivated by my rekindled interest in the game.

meanwhile on the forums some BBS trolls started a witch hunt because they did not like how i was playing the game and amusing myself. unfortunately some friends of mine told me some people were trashing me on the forums... i wish i never even paid attention because the things they were saying upset me in a way i had not been upset before. after a witch hunt threadnaught courtesy of the most hypocritical sadistic elements of this community I stopped playing the game completely as the whole experience was such a shock and so devastating...

going from having total fun to an absolute nightmare, I almost deleted the map I worked so hard on out of frustration and disillusionment but I finished it and submitted it anyway but I never flew a sortie after that horrible experience. I would log on once in a while to say hi to my squad mates and never even saw the map I made in rotation and never played on it even after this many years. that's how traumatic it was.

So please take this advice...

enjoy the game and play it the way you want and have fun. Avoid the BBS and channel 200 and the game will be almost blissful. Ignore the trolls they only want to ruin your fun because they are miserable and want to drag you down.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2015, 05:34:02 PM »
its a great game. you should come back. avoid channel 200 and the forums and the worst elements of the community will not have a way to ruin your fun. I say this from experience.

I had come back to the game a few years ago after achievements were added and was having the most fun in AH id ever had minding my own business happy as a clam and building a new main arena as well at the time motivated by my rekindled interest in the game.

meanwhile on the forums some BBS trolls started a witch hunt because they did not like how i was playing the game and amusing myself. unfortunately some friends of mine told me some people were trashing me on the forums... i wish i never even paid attention because the things they were saying upset me in a way i had not been upset before. after a witch hunt threadnaught courtesy of the most hypocritical sadistic elements of this community I stopped playing the game completely as the whole experience was such a shock and so devastating...

going from having total fun to an absolute nightmare, I almost deleted the map I worked so hard on out of frustration and disillusionment but I finished it and submitted it anyway but I never flew a sortie after that horrible experience. I would log on once in a while to say hi to my squad mates and never even saw the map I made in rotation and never played on it even after this many years. that's how traumatic it was.

So please take this advice...

enjoy the game and play it the way you want and have fun. Avoid the BBS and channel 200 and the game will be almost blissful. Ignore the trolls they only want to ruin your fun because they are miserable and want to drag you down.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

10 bananas for fester.

and a thumbs up  :aok

long live the dweeb.  :salute

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2015, 08:13:14 AM »
That answer must come from within you comrade. If it takes others to gode you back in then your return may only be temporary. 15 bucks is a tiny investment for the fun and fellowship shared between like minded players. Rest assured AH has its share of jerks as does any gaming community but anything worth having or being a part of is worth taking alittle flack for. In the immortal words of Leonidas " there's no reason we can't be civilized is there?" Hope to see ya back sir  :salute
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk