Author Topic: White Flag/De-ack town question  (Read 693 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
White Flag/De-ack town question
« on: December 07, 2015, 09:46:41 PM »
Just curious to know if it is possible to white flag and deack a town in 3 passes with lancs? I always do it in 4 but that has costed me before. Approaching from the north or south wont matter so long as the south eastern slow gun goes down on that pass.

My concern's are the angle of attack and speed. From the north after the cookies on town center a moderate turn to the left is needed for a final bomb to the gun(yaw left+J). From the south its the first target followed by a moderate turn to the right(yaw right+L) for the cookie. In order for an accurate drop on the center of town when attacking from the south you have to adjust the drop for the drones misplacement from the turn where as an attack from the north wont matter so long as the main bomber's drop is good on that gun. Speed might play a huge part in this as you have less time for the turn and more adjusting of the drones in the turns. The two slow guns on the western side of town being the next pass and the final being a west/east pass or vice versa for the rest of the buildings and final slow gun on the eastern side of town.

If in fact its possible to make that turn on the south side of town destroying the SE slow gun above 170mph and no flaps you can shave 2-4 minutes off the time it takes to prep a town with 1 set of lancs. That can make or break a base take on an airfield if it's defended in some cases.

So would like to hear from players who can do this and get some feed back on any suggestions on what works for you:salute

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:50:17 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: White Flag/De-ack town question
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 09:57:56 PM »
Just realized this needs to be in the help and training section of the forum :uhoh

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 06:06:21 AM »
The 3 pass WF + de-ack is fairly common amongst a few Nit players in MidWar. Any of the following could probably help you learn the ropes:
Simjoace
Weasel
NavCad
Smitty64
COHO
Deadpoet

Most of these folks use the 4K+500 lb loadout.

Havermyr in LW can probably offer some tips as well.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 06:56:45 AM »
Appreciate it Max :salute

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 01:08:47 PM »
I am going over it in my head...

NAVCAD and DeadPoet are in my squad.  One of the things we do is take snap shots of targets in game and create targeting runs.  When we attack a base, everything is numbered.  Numbers are assigned.  One Pass, base is ready.  The less time an enemy has to react to an attack the best odds of taking it apply.

You MUST HAVE TROOPS ON STANDBY!!!

I always make the E-W or W-E run first.  That should get 4 guns.  2 fast shooters (middle main intersection) and 2 slow shooters (1 E and 1 W).  If you miss the slow shooter in the west, you can grab it on your last pass.

I then position for the NNW to SSE or SSE to NNW run.  That should get the last fast shooter, the SSE gun and the N to NNE gun. Plus the WF.

Last pass should be over the NW to get that last slow shooter.  Again. If you missed the W slow shooter, just position to grab them both on the final pass.

Hope that makes sense.  It does in my head.  But that isn't saying much! 

:rock
SlipKnoT
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:15:06 PM by SlipKnt »
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)