Author Topic: AI paratroops won't capture  (Read 283 times)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
AI paratroops won't capture
« on: December 14, 2015, 10:22:08 AM »
While you can enable C-47s to drop troops in a staged mission, they will not actually capture a field that is ready for capture.

I don't know if this is a bug or a limitation as base capture would not normally be something done in a staged mission, but it is something I encountered while trying out a coop 101st airborne mission that would require players to soften up an enemy vehicle base prior to the arrival of airborne troops.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: AI paratroops won't capture
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 02:24:13 PM »
Is it possible this disabled because hitech is changing something in the capture dynamic for ah3?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 02:25:28 PM »
Capture works, just not with the mission troops. I suspect it's intentional or an oversight because not many would see a reason for AI capture in a staged mission. This special mission I had in mind would be about the only application for it.

It would be a cool option to have as part of a larger D-day mission type thing.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 03:06:06 PM by jimson »

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
AI paratroops won't capture
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 09:02:32 AM »
We AK's captured a vehicle base in one of the arenas a few weeks ago.  The only thing we noted from that experience was there were no "P" icons tied to the individual troops.  However, our capture was not part of planned mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 02:16:18 PM »
I tested it in the AvA alpha. If you manually destroy all the v-base guns and run the troops in there, capture does work even while a mission is running.

If you make a mission where AI troops are dropped and have all the v-base guns destroyed before the get there, the troops will land and run to and enter the map room but no capture.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 02:52:52 PM »
I'm impressed: in the Mission planner you can actually tell AI C47s where to drop their troops?

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 07:06:44 PM »
I'm impressed: in the Mission planner you can actually tell AI C47s where to drop their troops?

Yep, just like selecting a bombing target. They just can't capture.