Author Topic: Kill stealing...  (Read 1418 times)

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
Kill stealing...
« on: December 22, 2015, 11:41:15 PM »
Here goes the rant. I am not referring to swooping in after someone has worn a con down to steal the kill, a favorite of Skyyr's No what I am referring to is when someone calls out, enemy down, please leave it be. Today, I dove in on a 110 diving the field for a vulche . After warning those taking off, I followed the con across the field in a shallow climb to 1,500 and shot off his right wing just outboard the number 2 nacelle. I saw him yaw over nose down and was going down. Now the two guys I warned were now behind a p51 who was trying to save his 110 buddy by picking me (rightfully so) I Got a check six about the pony from someone and when broke and I looked back I saw pony in a lag turn. The two friendlies who were "on him" pulled away from the p-51 and into my former target in order to pump the him full of rounds and get an easy kill. Reality, they stole it!
End result, the pony gets me and I get an assist!
Now I expect crap from the enemy, don't really enjoy it but it's the game,  LOL.
But from my own side, the greed to get a kill above all else!
These two will never get a check six from me and I will watch them get shot down, vulched or what have you with nary a word from me.
For me, I learned something today. Next time I will hose the con till he bursts into flames or comes apart, so much for conserving ammo!
Furthermore before someone yells, SA etc. it was a fur ball and I knew someone was bound to jump on me, I just thought I would have help from those I helped not have my kill stolen!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Kill stealing...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 12:38:48 AM »
Do it back to them.  That's where the fun is.  :evil:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 01:04:54 AM »
Sad to say, and I can't believe I'm agreeing with Tumor. but he has it right. Not only that, but even your own squadmates will do this occasionally, but then you'll be okay with it. What's the difference, really.

Sigh
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 01:17:45 AM »
Here goes the rant. I am not referring to swooping in after someone has worn a con down to steal the kill, a favorite of Skyyr's No what I am referring to is when someone calls out, enemy down, please leave it be. Today, I dove in on a 110 diving the field for a vulche . After warning those taking off, I followed the con across the field in a shallow climb to 1,500 and shot off his right wing just outboard the number 2 nacelle. I saw him yaw over nose down and was going down. Now the two guys I warned were now behind a p51 who was trying to save his 110 buddy by picking me (rightfully so) I Got a check six about the pony from someone and when broke and I looked back I saw pony in a lag turn. The two friendlies who were "on him" pulled away from the p-51 and into my former target in order to pump the him full of rounds and get an easy kill. Reality, they stole it!
End result, the pony gets me and I get an assist!
Now I expect crap from the enemy, don't really enjoy it but it's the game,  LOL.
But from my own side, the greed to get a kill above all else!
These two will never get a check six from me and I will watch them get shot down, vulched or what have you with nary a word from me.
For me, I learned something today. Next time I will hose the con till he bursts into flames or comes apart, so much for conserving ammo!
Furthermore before someone yells, SA etc. it was a fur ball and I knew someone was bound to jump on me, I just thought I would have help from those I helped not have my kill stolen!
Brother I love your passion for this game. With time this situation will grow on you. I am assuming you haven't spent very long in this game or you would know by now to never expect help unless your winged up or flying with a squad that has skill. Even then it sounds like you were in a helpless situation to a BnZ pony and there isnt much anyone can do in that situation if the pony has skill.

Kills are very hard to come by even for vets. We all have learned that a kill is not a kill until  you get that system message. Simply shooting a nme planes wing off does not warrant a kill. Many of times I have witnessed planes without a wing make it back to their base. Hell even I have done this a time or two :cheers:

There is no honor among allies in this game. The honor you will find comes from flying with a group of guys that fits you best. Simply relying on the "team" will get you killed every time. This game is about what can I do for me. For guys like you, you make this game great! You bring a certain code that is truly hard to come by outside of squad play :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:24:31 AM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 04:17:57 AM »
after someone has worn a con down to steal the kill, a favorite of Skyyr's

With all due respect to your lost kill - with this statement it is clear you have little knowledge.....

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 06:19:36 AM »
There is already a "fix" for this that has been coded into the game. Whoever does the majority of damage up to the point that critical damage awards a kill (the point at which the wing fell off in your AAR) is the pilot that gets the kill. After that point you can stack damage on the plane until it explodes and the kill will not be awarded to anyone else.

So, obviously someone had already caused all the damage needed and your shooting just wasn't enough to claim the kill.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 06:28:34 AM »
 I run into this all the time,especially since i fly mg planes
  many times i clip a tail off and the con is going down then some spineless score slut will come screaming in and toss a few cannon rounds in and get the kill.

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 06:36:01 AM »
As mentioned, the code says first to get enough hits to get the kill, gets the kill.  In the case you described above, YOU were actually the one attempting to steal the kill. 

Tip...  Shoot the bad guys, have fun, and score will come.  If you want some assistance in that, PM me, I will help.  Till then  :salute
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 07:33:54 AM »
If I didn't steal my squadies kills I wouldn't get any  :D

No........Wait, I still don't   :furious
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 08:08:54 AM »
I've seen it go both ways.  Fugi accused me twice of stealing his kills.  Both times I never saw Fugi.  Was Fugi wrong?  No!  From his view it was a steal.  Was I wrong?  No!  All that I saw was a red right in my gun sights and I am not about to let it go.

My beat is not a person in game is innocent of a steal from someone else s view point

I've noticed P-51 flyers and 190 boys are more likely to steal a kill because of their  B&Z tactics.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 08:12:02 AM »
I've noticed P-51 flyers and 190 boys are more likely to s̶t̶e̶a̶l̶  claim a kill because of their  B̶&̶Z̶ ̶t̶a̶c̶t̶i̶c̶s̶  superior gunnery.

Fixed.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 10:54:58 AM »
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »
In defense of the guys who stole your kill. I can't tell you the amount of times I've been told on range that a red icon is down only to ignore that icon and find it shooting at me a few seconds later. While I wont purposefully stalk your kill, I certainly don't want a crippled plane to become a danger to me simply because the original freindly didn't finish the job.

That being said, when I see a plane is out of the fight that I damaged, I could care less who gets the kill. All I care about is whether or not that red icon is a threat. Often I will intentionally let severely crippled aircraft go simply because they stay out of the fight longer if they have to land or ditch. If I kill them, they are instantly a new threat when they come off the runway.

It's also extremely frustrating when your 12 is cleared. This is especially true when there are threat(s) behind you and players bounce the guy you're shooting at. Sometimes is simply a mistake but, more often than not, it's simply a greedy player.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 03:16:41 PM »
Kill stealing can be a hoot!  I once was in a squad that made a whole new game of kill stealing.  Then one day, one of our squaddies stole a kill from another... blatantly, and without remorse.  Unfortunately, the squaddie who got his kill stole was not "as aware" of the kill stealing policy of our squad.

That's when the fireworks started.

Poopy-squaddie immediately quit the squad.  You know, because score is everything to some!  We were sad, but soon forgot the guy.  Then a slinky shade began stalking us... using a "shade" account in an opposing country, while keeping his OTHER "real" account (one we didn't know about, but quit popular) active, in our country, sitting in the tower (much like cybro does today).  Really, this dude would show up in places that made him look like houdini.  So, without going into detail, the foolishness this shade sputtered for a week or so was absolutely hilarious.  Then, a slight slip of the tongue (so to speak) and he exposed himself.  And then started the denial!  The conspicuously coincidental disappearance of the "shade"!  All for getting a kill stolen, in jest lol!  People have been banned for what he was doing... but then there ARE favorites, right? lol.  Same individual is flying the skies of the MA today, under yet another shade, still thinking nobody knows who he is.  Priceless.

The moral of the story is... kill stealing can and has been the basis for epic stupidness!  It's worth the effort! haha
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 03:38:53 PM »
I get a LOT of assists.  A LOT!!!

But I do prefer the 50 cal over the cannon planes anyways.

DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)