Author Topic: Spit fighting style  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Spit fighting style
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »
You need to make a steeper curve so that you're moving your head less to get your view moving more. It's hyper configurable. Try messing with one axis at a time rather than all of them. And start off with just pitch and yaw. Build a profile with other axii from there once you get the hang. I never use roll.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 08:21:05 PM »
You need to make a steeper curve so that you're moving your head less to get your view moving more. It's hyper configurable. Try messing with one axis at a time rather than all of them. And start off with just pitch and yaw. Build a profile with other axii from there once you get the hang. I never use roll.

I don't user roll either, and when I tried to make steeper curves, I just couldn't get the hang of looking straight and hitting anything.  Of course, it didn't help that soon after I got it, I had cervical spine surgery, so I couldn't use it for several months at all.

Maybe I should try again, and accept the suckage in hopes it levels out in time.  I worry that I don't get enough play time to really learn it...  :joystick:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 08:26:18 PM »
Just go in smaller increments. Little tweaks at a time. And as for the looking straight thing, add some dead band. Make sure your curve is "mirrored". Bring two balls/points either side of the center all the way down. The farther you spread them out, the more deadband there will be. Closer together, less.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 11:15:00 AM »
One thing i do on my hat switch is i have all my buttons mapped and all my looks are an even 360 with the exception of pushing forward on the hat makes me look up. But one button is mapped to switch to "Mode 3" when in flight. In that mode all my buttons still do the same thing but all my looks switch to a looking up in a 360 pattern (ex: Look up right...Look up back right...etc)However in mode 3 you have to assign the button you use to switch modes to switch to "Mode 1"

Also turn down your internal sounds a bunch. That way you can track planes by sound as well. Most helpful when dog fighting and your in that blackout tunnel and it can save your butt when your not paying attention(Texting during climb out) and that guy comes swooping down on your 6 that you failed to see.
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 07:21:49 PM »
TrackIR is adjustable for speed of head movement by making your graph lines higher. You can make TrackIR almost a 100 times faster that the Hat if you use hat on Pan mode. Its so fast I can't see it move.

Kimo!