Author Topic: A hint regarding Game Crash  (Read 308 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
A hint regarding Game Crash
« on: January 24, 2016, 03:17:29 AM »
During the testing period I've noticed several people telling they had to force reboot their computer when the game stopped responding. As one might guess, a sudden reboot can't do any preparations for the next boot which may cause file and system corruption at some point especially if it happens often.

Last night I got this "AcesHigh.exe stopped responding" error message again. A small box on a darker background, no mouse cursor to click OK. Clicking Enter doesn't do it either. Looks like the computer has stuck into that message.

However, hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del works and takes you to a new window with lots of options and most importantly, the mouse and keyboard work! I usually choose to start Task Manager which will take me back to the Desktop with working input devices to click the OK button or whatever and also provide me a tool to force any stuck application to shut down.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: A hint regarding Game Crash
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 09:39:16 AM »
Also try the space bar , this may close the box.

HiTech

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
Re: A hint regarding Game Crash
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 12:35:55 PM »
+1

:salute
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64