Author Topic: Eny  (Read 11222 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: Eny
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2016, 09:10:33 AM »
So you pay -> fly best planes with no perks because you paid your $$$, even if it means 10:1 ratio to your country in LWA, because you're an individual ?

Like it or not, you are fighting for a entity of the player mass online - the green icons, and you simply want the best planes, most would, if a country  can find a way to make it easier  to win the war, like shutting down radar for 2 hours, they would, and do !

If they could bomb you to only fly c47's, and possible B5n's without bombs- but rather not, because it has a rear 7.7mm  - they would !!!!

War is more fun when you have all the advantages .

Maybe you are looking for a duel -the DA is ther,e with all the most low ENY planes there is -even perked ones.

No.
...Because I am an individual and not part of the collective. I want to fly what I paid to fly, and I don't care how many of them there are or us there are or who's winning a war that has no leader, and no organization, no plan, and nothing riding on the outcome.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: February 29, 2016, 03:44:53 PM »
Switch sides and you then can fly what you paid to fly.   Being on the high numbered side is effectively being part of the collective, no?   :devil

That's what I do. Then the numbers change and I get stuck because of the time rule (12 hours still?)

but many are country loyal. I think that's a good thing for the game, and side switching for even numbers ruins that sense of country loyalty.

Does the data say people switch and even up the sides? I remember HiTech saying ENY was not to make people switch sides. Do I remember that correctly?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: February 29, 2016, 03:47:18 PM »
So you pay -> fly best planes with no perks because you paid your $$$, even if it means 10:1 ratio to your country in LWA, because you're an individual ?

Like it or not, you are fighting for a entity of the player mass online - the green icons, and you simply want the best planes, most would, if a country  can find a way to make it easier  to win the war, like shutting down radar for 2 hours, they would, and do !

I'll just turn your argument around. ...Why do you care if your outnumbered?  that's the way wars go sometimes. NExt time you'll have the majority...blah blah blah.

Who is John Galt?

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2016, 05:24:14 PM »
I dont care about ENY planes, 90% of my flying I do in ENY15+ rides.

I do care about those people who not only want the 3:1 but do it in their best planes with best ordnance, preferably with city down, all strat's destroyed.

If we had a factory for each plane type, you would see which ones they would take out first, who wants equal competition anyways ?

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2016, 05:59:22 PM »
That's what I do. Then the numbers change and I get stuck because of the time rule (12 hours still?)

but many are country loyal. I think that's a good thing for the game, and side switching for even numbers ruins that sense of country loyalty.

Does the data say people switch and even up the sides? I remember HiTech saying ENY was not to make people switch sides. Do I remember that correctly?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: February 29, 2016, 08:47:41 PM »
I remember HiTech saying ENY was not to make people switch sides. Do I remember that correctly?

I think so.  The notion was that if you're going to get overwhelmed, you won't get overwhelmed by uber rides, and you'll have a chance to fight back with smaller numbers but superior quality.

Worked for the Germans in the war, didn't it?

...oh...wait...

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: February 29, 2016, 10:16:44 PM »

I think so.  The notion was that if you're going to get overwhelmed, you won't get overwhelmed by uber rides, and you'll have a chance to fight back with smaller numbers but superior quality.

...oh...wait...

- oldman

germany never requested eny to be changed.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2016, 03:16:03 AM »

semp

Italians switched sides when ENY became a problem.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2016, 04:01:12 AM »
Italians switched sides when ENY became a problem.

:rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2016, 07:04:22 AM »
I think that ENY hurts new people the most as they need all the help they can get, and if their favorite ride isn't available, they get frustrated.  Of course the second group that gets most effected is the uber ride group.  If I can't get my Pee-51 or my Run-90, I am taking my toys and leaving the sand box.  I feel worst for group two as they typically spend more time running from a fight than fighting and when you corner that group, they can't fight for beans.  All they know is to run...   :rofl
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2016, 11:18:49 AM »

Nothing wrong with country loyalty, except for the really rabid people who actually hate anyone from the other side - just because they are on the other side.  :rolleyes:

If they would switch sides for a while, they would find people from their former side doing all the same things that they hate and that their new country mates are just as fun to be around as the old ones. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2016, 11:22:12 AM »
Nothing wrong with country loyalty, except for the really rabid people who actually hate anyone from the other side - just because they are on the other side.  :rolleyes:

If they would switch sides for a while, they would find people from their former side doing all the same things that they hate and that their new country mates are just as fun to be around as the old ones.

Not entirely sure a lot of people could handle a demonstration of the fact that every side in the game does the stuff they hate.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2016, 02:00:44 PM »
I dont care about ENY planes, 90% of my flying I do in ENY15+ rides.

I do care about those people who not only want the 3:1 but do it in their best planes with best ordnance, preferably with city down, all strat's destroyed.

If we had a factory for each plane type, you would see which ones they would take out first, who wants equal competition anyways ?

all of your reasoning is flawed.
1) the large number of country A could be in GVs. and country A are out numbered in the air but still victims of ENY.
2) Large umbers are scattered all over the large map but country B is concentrating on rolling bases in the corner of the map. I'm defending and grossly out numbered, and I'm a victim of ENY, so I have to defend in a P-40.

I've never seen ENY do what you say....

SAVE on 200: "Really enjoying being 3-on-1'd now that they're doing it in 109 G-14s."

That it somehow addresses a ganging problem and stops you from complaining about it is all made up theory for the BBS. Everyone complains about being ganged every time it happens. Now we can just add the complaints of people being forced out of their rides.

And it's not me usually because I fly 109s and the best one is 15 I think. But I've been on when ENY was 35!  and enemy darbars were bigger than ours.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:02:48 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2016, 02:05:11 PM »

...oh...wait...

- oldman

:rofl
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2016, 02:05:32 PM »

semp

very funny  :aok
Who is John Galt?