Re: Eny
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »
Don't up from a capped field. Simple.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2016, 06:11:12 PM »
what I find funny is that some are asking for eny to be "tweaked", but they dont say how.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2016, 06:16:45 PM »
what I find funny is that some are asking for eny to be "tweaked", but they dont say how.

semp
I just feel like it's pointless until it gets so rediculously high that it remains pointless because of the numerical advantage. I think players enjoy a placebo effect from it and that's about it. 
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2016, 06:35:38 PM »

semp

Some of us have said how. Maybe you missed it.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2016, 06:43:40 PM »
Some of us have said how. Maybe you missed it.

enlighten me

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2016, 06:44:50 PM »
I just feel like it's pointless until it gets so rediculously high that it remains pointless because of the numerical advantage. I think players enjoy a placebo effect from it and that's about it.

what?

semp

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2016, 07:28:41 PM »
enlighten me

semp

I'm not big into repeating myself.   Maybe Violator is.  Ask him.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2016, 08:05:47 PM »
what?

I just don't think ENY really helps very many people/groups, be they base takers or furballers.  I don't think that different planes do a very good job of evening the playing field anywhere else than in people's heads.

Look at that image that was posted by Dallas where one team has 2v1 odds but ENY is still only 22.  What good is that really doing anyone? The G-14, F4U-1, La-5, Brewster and Spit V are all still available and all perfectly capable of fighting in the MA.  Also there's still the Mossie, Me410 and P47D25 for taking down bases.  This is a perfectly capable plane set for taking care of pretty much any job you want except perhaps some super-specific tasks like strat raiding or 163 defense.

At 25 ENY, you no longer have the G14, F4U-1, Me410, or P47D25, but the Mossie, La-5, Brewster and Spit V are all still available and frankly competitive in their roles.  After 30 it does start to thin out, but by that point (really, by 20) you're so outnumbered that it just doesn't matter.  It only takes one high con to dive and make you turn and you're swarmed by a horde of Spit V's, which is just as bad as being swarmed by a bunch of Spit 16's.

I think allowing willing players to go switch to a side where they can up dirt cheap 262s, F4U-4s, and Tempests will do a lot more for the disadvantaged side than ENY ever will.  I find it odd that we have a mechanism that is supposed to punish one country for having too many people yet we don't have a system where excess people can easily switch to help the outnumbered side as numbers ebb and flow. 

I also have to roll my eyes at the guys who don't want low country swap times due to "spies."  Listen, "spies" aren't the reason no one brings a goon until after the last minute.  "Spies" aren't the reason no one deacks the town or field.  "Spies" aren't the reason people drop FH while the VH is still up.  And "spies" really don't have much effect on task groups either considering they tend to get sunk 15-20 minutes after showing up at a field, anyway.  It seems like there's been much angst over this spy issue that is a bunch of baloney when you really think about it.

Spies aren't as big of a "problem" and ENY isn't really as much of a "help," as some people think, but the issue is most people don't put much thought (at all) into this game, and these are easy things to latch on to. 

Anyway, just my opinion and I'm aware many disagree...
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2016, 11:04:30 PM »
vudak, the G-14, F4U-1, La-5, Brewster and Spit V wont take bases.  it only proves that eny works as designed.  the point of eny is to stop the high side from rolling bases and spit v wont help you take bases.

what you really want is to lower the switch time, you just trying for a different way to ask for it.  which is what most people in here who want to "change" eny really want.

semp

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2016, 01:35:43 AM »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2016, 04:19:09 AM »
Vudak,
Since the introduction of ENY, the sides are better balanced than they've ever been before - at least on Euro and US prime time. During off hours there is a problem.

Empirical evidence says ENY globally works.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2016, 04:21:53 AM »

vudak, the G-14, F4U-1, La-5, Brewster and Spit V wont take bases.  it only proves that eny works as designed.  the point of eny is to stop the high side from rolling bases and spit v wont help you take bases.

what you really want is to lower the switch time, you just trying for a different way to ask for it.  which is what most people in here who want to "change" eny really want.

semp

Mossies and 410s are arguably better at taking down a town and ack and taking a base than a 51D or 47D40+ though.  Everything you need to take a base is available well into ENY.

I mean, mossies and 110s (granted 410s are new) were how it was done for years.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2016, 04:23:40 AM »
Vudak,
Since the introduction of ENY, the sides are better balanced than they've ever been before - at least on Euro and US prime time. During off hours there is a problem.

Empirical evidence says ENY globally works.

I was here before ENY was around. I don't think getting people to log off is a great way to balance sides, and unless there's a lower switch time, that's the only way to balance.

My main point is that fighting "worse" planes isn't really helping the low number side as much as a few mercenaries would, and my second point is that without a lower side switch time, the only way for numbers to balance is to frustrate people to log off and go find another hobby, which seems undesirable.

Semp is absolutely right in that I'm after a lower switch time and don't care what happens with ENY. But then I understand that it is really a paper tiger until at least 20 and arguably 30.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:04:29 AM by Vudak »
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2016, 09:34:05 AM »
ENY NEVER makes me log off.

I just suck it up and fly something a little more challenging...
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2016, 10:28:56 AM »
It'll be interesting to see when numbers shoot up when the new game goes "live", how players will feel regarding ENY then - same, better, worse?.   IMO it becomes much less of a "complaint" issue when numbers are higher.  Mo numbers, less problems yo.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:42:39 AM by Gman »