Re: Eny
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »
^^^^^ This. 

With low numbers ENY is a PITA.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2016, 08:38:32 PM »
I think an easy fix for this is to limit ENY restriction when there are less than 80 players in the MA.

When you fight against say 40 players in the MA. You will only have between 10-20 players on each side. You have a map that's friggen huge with no boundaries. I vote Smog 8 in the off hours  :rock. So realistically neither team is actually "hoarding" because only 5-12 are flying and generally spread throughout the map. The idea of "teamwork" is sparce when using more than one squad. You generally come up agaisnt 190Ds and P51Ds against your level 3 plane, and they more than likely run away after you out manuever them. With smaller #s on bigger maps, it's not one team with #s dominating the map. It's 3 or 4 pilots in different areas of the map fighting other loan wolf pilots, thus one pilot is dealt the weaker aircraft from the start.

If the players were actually compelled to fighting with teamwork limited to a smaller map radius,  than ENY might have a realistic purpose. With smaller #s on such a large map the arguement is reasonable that ENY is not effective for the game.

Absolutely not. Every single morning the j0kers get on and horde half the map, If the map is small they will roll it. Many times they have rolled multiple maps. ENY gives us half a chance to defend.

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2016, 10:24:36 PM »
^^^ During the week, in the mornings, they will reset the smaller maps in just a few hours. One morning "Baltic" was won after being up only 5 hours. They did this with ENY in the high 20's but it wasn't enough to slow them down.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2016, 11:48:50 PM »

Absolutely not. Every single morning the j0kers get on and horde half the map, If the map is small they will roll it. Many times they have rolled multiple maps. ENY gives us half a chance to defend.

(Image removed from quote.)
Can you please help me understand exactly what planes you are glad they don't get and why? I don't take bases very often so I don't get it.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2016, 11:58:49 PM »
Can someone explain to me what is Eny and why do we have it? Doesn't seem fair to have it just because the other countries don't have the numbers. :bhead

Become proficient in more then just the uber rides and ENY will only mean you  shrug your shoulders and fly a different plane.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2016, 12:05:02 AM »
Become proficient in more then just the uber rides and ENY will only mean you  shrug your shoulders and fly a different plane.

Thank gawd the Germans didn't have ENY.

ENY is stupid.  At least as currently implemented.   I understand the concept but it needs a tweaking.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2016, 02:28:30 AM »
@Fugitive
I totally get the players who have "their ride". In fact, I am one of them. I have more kills in mosquitoes than in all other planes combined... twice. The only other planes I take with any regularity are the F6F and P47D11/25. These are my historical favorites and I play them regardless of their relative performance in the game - which is competitive enough by the way.

Luckily for me, most players do not share my enthusiasm or faith in my historically favorite planes' abilities and so they receive a high ENY score. If somehow the mossie VI will get ENY locked I will be bummed - but this is because the mossie does not have a higher ENY alternative model. Nearly all models susceptible to ENY locks have higher ENY brothers. I absolutely fail to understand P51 fans who do not consider P51B as a P51. Or LA7 " fans" if there is such a thing that do not understand just how close the LA5FN is to the LA7.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2016, 05:26:07 AM »
ENY 30 = always available
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »
I agree with Vudak.  In fact I have seen many examples of times where huge numbers of pilots on the Knights have decided it's 109k night, and fight vs swarms of base taking Spi16/La7/P51s that outnumber them, and prevail - there is a lot more to it than ENY numbers, pilot skill/experience IMO is the primary factor in the "fairness" of sides, and I know of no way to control that particular not insignificant issue.

ENY is stupid.  At least as currently implemented.   I understand the concept but it needs a tweaking.

I can agree with this somewhat as well.  In particular how ENY and side switch time relate to one another - very "at odds", although I do accept the "data/numbers" which HTC has taken - it's in the math someplace I guess, but it still seems very odd to have a system which is meant to "nudge" players to switch sides for better planes due to an imbalance in "fairness", yet prevent them from doing it when that exact same condition happens again yet on another team, until essentially the next day of play.  Again, odd.  The few times I've switched teams looking for better fights, this ALWAYS has happened in fact - within an hour or two, the side I've switched to is no longer the "low numbers" team, but is now the "high" one, by a large margin, yet there is nothing you can do about it for 4 or 5 hours, which by 11pm, means...tomorrow night for most players. 

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2016, 11:49:42 AM »
Hey HiTech!

Just so you know, there's a lot of us out there that the ENY doesn't bother one bit. Love the game the way it is! Keep up the good work.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2016, 11:49:48 AM »
I love logging in as a Knight in the mornings with huge numbers against us and grabbing a 262 for 50 points and having at it!  I always always want the odds 2 to 1 against me.  So many red guys.............so little time..............

...............and what Zardoz said.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2016, 12:01:49 PM »
I agree with Vudak.  In fact I have seen many examples of times where huge numbers of pilots on the Knights have decided it's 109k night, and fight vs swarms of base taking Spi16/La7/P51s that outnumber them, and prevail - there is a lot more to it than ENY numbers, pilot skill/experience IMO is the primary factor in the "fairness" of sides, and I know of no way to control that particular not insignificant issue.

I can agree with this somewhat as well.  In particular how ENY and side switch time relate to one another - very "at odds", although I do accept the "data/numbers" which HTC has taken - it's in the math someplace I guess, but it still seems very odd to have a system which is meant to "nudge" players to switch sides for better planes due to an imbalance in "fairness", yet prevent them from doing it when that exact same condition happens again yet on another team, until essentially the next day of play.  Again, odd.  The few times I've switched teams looking for better fights, this ALWAYS has happened in fact - within an hour or two, the side I've switched to is no longer the "low numbers" team, but is now the "high" one, by a large margin, yet there is nothing you can do about it for 4 or 5 hours, which by 11pm, means...tomorrow night for most players.

Stupid was too harsh a term.  I shouldn't have said that.   :salute  I understand why it is there and it obviously has an effect.  Just wish when numbers are low it would be turned off or ramped a little more shallowly. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2016, 12:23:35 PM »
Same here, I don't really care either way, it doesn't affect me since when I'm not in a Ki43 I'm usually in a K4, and I'll fly anything really, so not having 5 ENY plane access is something I don't even notice when it happens.  As Zoney said, they only time I really take notice of it is when 262s get really cheap, which is enough fun to offset the oddness of the ENY/Side Switch deal by far.  If it never changes, it won't make any difference to me - I'm just pointing out the absurdity of having one system that is supposed to entice players to switch sides, then another that prevents it, when the conditions which happen for the former are prevented by the latter after the first time it's done.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2016, 04:03:39 PM »

Ultimately ENY posts devolve into: I really, really, really FEEL this game would be it's best if we can switch sides at will and have no ENY. Then I can hunt down and scalp everyone with impunity to make my EGO feel really, really, really good.

I know that switching to a low numbered side and being pecked to death in 3,4,5 on 1's over and over and over again does wonders for my ego.

What I've noticed many threads devolve into is "Bustr gets another chance to play the HTC cheerleader  :D "

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2016, 04:54:25 PM »
Can you please help me understand exactly what planes you are glad they don't get and why? I don't take bases very often so I don't get it.

I'm glad they don't get the 51, LA7, spittard16, -4, Lancasters, It's helpful when they can't fly 20ENY buffs.

It really doesn't matter. They'll still up f4f's and kill you when it's 1-2 vs 6.

You're lucky if you can get four guys to defend against a large horde.

It really dosen't matter if 262s cost 47 perks, You'll still get HOed by three guys and chased down and rocket vulched on landing.

Don't worry, Just up again, Oh wait. A p38J deacked your large field by himself and just vulches you.  :mad:  :bhead
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:59:44 PM by 49Dallas »