Author Topic: Beta ScreenShots or movies - Got Any?  (Read 26876 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta ScreenShots or movies - Got Any?
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2016, 02:28:08 PM »
Bustr, when you do this does the object display the default skin or whichever one you had selected? I noticed the P-51 was not the usual default skin.

The skin won't matter after a screen capture for a photo op. And for an ahf film playback, it defaults to the default skin if you don't have the same skin already on your system. Same for gunsights, hmmm the AH3 default gunsight Waffle keeps including is a real PITA looking thing. Now after Easycore smacked me, any film I post from my terrain, the version of the terrain used for the film is always one of the attachments since it's small enough.

I guess for the few who's browsers are getting confused, I'll include a zip file with the jpg in original format from Paint.Net or the Win7 snipping tool.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2016, 02:28:49 PM »
Again, why not use our bulletin board to host the images (click "Attachments and other options" in edit window)?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2016, 02:40:24 PM »
I can do that, just being paranoid about WEB sites and their compression after uploading to them. Here I have attached two of the problem jpg to this post.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:48:34 PM by Skuzzy »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2016, 02:46:46 PM »
If you want to embed them in your post so they appear without having to be downloaded, simply do so after they are uploaded.

Just right click on the URL link to the image and save a copy of it, then edit your original post, and use the IMG tag in the bulletin board editor to embed the image.

Just take a look at the source of your post and you will see what I mean.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:49:28 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2016, 03:02:39 PM »
I tried it and this link ends up with a broken link when placed inside the img tag.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Themes/Curved/images/Rides10.jpg

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2016, 03:33:30 PM »
That is not the correct URL.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=377346.0;attach=23985 is the correct one.  Where did you get that one?

You should have gotten the URL by right-clicking on the link, in your post, then copying the URL from that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2016, 05:38:12 PM »
When I right clicked and used your URL to see the file before img tagging it, it defaulted to a download with the URL I posted.

When I img tag your URL, all I get when I preview is a tiny rectangle with a small black square with a "X" in the center.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2016, 09:09:56 PM »
I get all three of those full sized.

Nice job Bustr

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2016, 09:39:17 PM »
Skuzzy,

If I use FireFox I see the img tagged link.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2016, 10:58:06 PM »
  I actually downloaded the graphic my browser "wasn't seeing right" to my hard drive, opened it up
and saw the following: it is 180x102 pixels or 1.87x1.063 inches in size and is only 5.19K...it's a
thumbnail that his server host is sending.
  Regardless, it appears he's got things squared away. Great pics, Buster! <S>

Best, Odd

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2016, 05:37:07 AM »
Skuzzy,

If I use FireFox I see the img tagged link.

Well, that is interesting.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »
Skuzzy,

This is a test using the poster jpg I created called rides10.jpg. I used Photo Shop to save it as another name, then decoded the jpg. PS includes thumb nail info along with the header decoding being about 2x my other programs jpg generated files header info. The PS generated file has only a single compression signature from Adobe Photoshop.

I will attach it here using IE, then img tag the download link in my next test post to see what happens on my end.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2016, 11:45:05 AM »
Well for me using IE, the link is broken again. If I log in with FireFox and img tag it, a nice jpg shows up. Is this my end or the BBS's end?

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2016, 04:41:05 AM »

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2016, 09:52:27 AM »
Where's my juggy Bustr?!
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------