Author Topic: JS configuring  (Read 503 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
JS configuring
« on: February 07, 2016, 12:00:21 PM »
To get AH2 to see the higher number DXnumbers on my JS I have to have MS game controller for the relevent JS open in the back ground.

Then AH2 sees them OK (namely 34 thru to 38 but not the mini joystick on the Saitek throttle). I note this is the same on AH3 beta.   

This work around is very "AW".....any ingame fix planned for AH3?
Ludere Vincere

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: JS configuring
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 02:51:44 PM »
I have no problems with my X55 Saitek. In both AH2 and AH3 it see's all of my buttons as well as the rotaries on the throttle.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 02:54:55 PM »
To get AH2 to see the higher number DXnumbers on my JS I have to have MS game controller for the relevent JS open in the back ground.

Then AH2 sees them OK (namely 34 thru to 38 but not the mini joystick on the Saitek throttle). I note this is the same on AH3 beta.   

This work around is very "AW".....any ingame fix planned for AH3?
AH Recognizes all that the window system will shows me. It all most sounds like you have some type of JS software in the back ground.

HiTech
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:57:32 PM by hitech »

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 04:32:35 PM »

Never been able to get AH to see these (ringed in green) unless GC ( selected for the JS) was open.

The mini stick is not seen by AH under any circumstances............... I have given this same work around to many folk with the same problem.

Could it be a Vista thang?

There is no other JS type program (or HI program) running (other than Trak IR) and I have no other Hardware trying to use these DX Numbers.

Are there folk who can get AH see these buttons without GC open and no JS software running?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:40:28 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 06:13:41 AM »
There are buttons/controls, on Saitek sticks, which are not passed through to the game.  To make them useable, you have to use the Saitek control manager.  It has been that way every since the original X52 shipped.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 08:51:30 AM »
Thanks Skuzzy.

FYI there is no Saitek Control Manager software on my PC. If Game Controller is running in the back ground then AH can see  all outputs (except the mini stick)....even the mode buttons on the JS as DX numbers or analogues. The only place that I have these  configured to commands/bands etc are within AH.

I guess if this quirk is only found on the (now ancient) X52pro.. then any work in that direction is wasted time.

As a matter of interest is there a maximum number of DX button numbers AH can handle?
Ludere Vincere

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 11:56:47 AM »
Thanks Skuzzy.

FYI there is no Saitek Control Manager software on my PC. If Game Controller is running in the back ground then AH can see  all outputs (except the mini stick)....even the mode buttons on the JS as DX numbers or analogues. The only place that I have these  configured to commands/bands etc are within AH.

I guess if this quirk is only found on the (now ancient) X52pro.. then any work in that direction is wasted time.

As a matter of interest is there a maximum number of DX button numbers AH can handle?

Aces High should recognize the maximum DirectX (DirectInput) allows.  I believe that to be 256 buttons per device.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com