Author Topic: Ability to buy more perk points  (Read 4770 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ability to buy more perk points
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
so other then the veterans that play, you think a subscription based model is gonna gonna bring in new clients? what if your a work during the week and you get 1-2 days during the weekend to fly, paying 15.00 for roughly 4-8 days a month and probably 3-4 hours at most each day. so that's 12-36 hours of flying for 15.00/a month. on average how long does it take to earn enough perk points to fly the higher end perk planes? now if this person is just there to have fun and play a new game and he's getting blown out of the sky by 2+ year vets in a matter of mins. (This game doesn't take in for account in skill level-it throws you right into the teeth of the enemy) are they gonna play very long to wanna earn perk points? why haven't they already joined on to play now? all AH3 is AH2 with better grapics.

This is absurd and a veiled whine at Hitech that something ain't fair and it's his fault unless he conforms to the current snowflake norms in online games. It's also a whine against the 1% who have more perks than 10 average players could burn through in a tour. The existing none perked rides are enough to keep the snowflakes alive if they want to run away, and earning some points HOing and running while they check out the game.

This is a brutal game which some snowflakes won't like. If Hitech makes it any easier, the snowflakes will die so fast on day one at the hands of the vets, Hitech will go out of business. I think dung has personal problems with Hitech which he is using this POST to indulge himself with.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2016, 08:42:57 PM »

What America needs is free perks in Aces High.
Or perhaps a single payer perk purchase program.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2016, 12:35:03 AM »
I think the "this thread is cooked" and the little lock icon would be in order...

Just face it...it's never gonna happen...this game is about killing and getting better at killing...not paying to get perk planes...

Please go play warblunder if you want to spend money on planes...

:joystick: :airplane:
 :ahand
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2016, 07:15:07 AM »
Perk would have a monetary value, that means I could sell mine. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2016, 09:52:40 AM »
so other then the veterans that play, you think a subscription based model is gonna gonna bring in new clients? what if your a work during the week and you get 1-2 days during the weekend to fly, paying 15.00 for roughly 4-8 days a month and probably 3-4 hours at most each day. so that's 12-36 hours of flying for 15.00/a month. on average how long does it take to earn enough perk points to fly the higher end perk planes? now if this person is just there to have fun and play a new game and he's getting blown out of the sky by 2+ year vets in a matter of mins. (This game doesn't take in for account in skill level-it throws you right into the teeth of the enemy) are they gonna play very long to wanna earn perk points? why haven't they already joined on to play now? all AH3 is AH2 with better grapics.
One of the things that drew me to the game is the very thing you feel is a detractor.  I didn't want to play a game where people who are willing to spend the money, get the better equipment.  I WANT the challenge of everyone being on the same playing field.  It is a hard game to play.  It is a hard game to learn.  It takes time to get good, and that's why I like it.  What I think folks here are telling you is the pay to get perks model is for people who have deep pockets, and don't care to really educate themselves.  Adding to that, if HTC did have a buy perks option, people with little skill would end up leaving the game because it's not the perk plane that gets you the kill, it's your skill.  Poor players would drop all kinds of coin to get into jets, then die, then quit because they couldn't afford to keep flying them leaving saying "this game sux", when in reality it's they that suck.

Regarding cost, I play about 20 hours a month these days.  At that cost. 75 cents an hour, I think it's cheap fun. YMMV.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2016, 06:43:06 PM »
No. May as well as the ability to buy a better score too.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2016, 05:06:25 PM »

Perks are easy to earn.
for fighters and bombers use mid war rides
for gv's I have got a ton of perks using the M-8. M-8's are a challenge and fun.
The Panzer F and the PT Boat are perk getters too.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2016, 09:35:16 AM »
It would have a huge income value for the sandbox style of the MA if implemented correctly. The mechanics of the perk system and the ENY system would have to be revamped.

maybe a system where plane value AND player value factor into perks earned.

(shooting down some noob in a p51 vs shooting down some super ace in a 51).

at the end of the day, player skill is the biggest factor, having a great plane doesn't change that.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2016, 11:43:39 AM »
It would have a huge income value for the sandbox style of the MA if implemented correctly. The mechanics of the perk system and the ENY system would have to be revamped.

maybe a system where plane value AND player value factor into perks earned.

(shooting down some noob in a p51 vs shooting down some super ace in a 51).

at the end of the day, player skill is the biggest factor, having a great plane doesn't change that.

How would you find the skill level of a person that doesn't care about score?

People already abuse the score system and it can be easily manipulated.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:45:16 AM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2016, 02:09:04 PM »
He didn't bother to search his topic for all the same wish's in the last 15 years that reached this point with no answer to determining a player's real ability versus not giving a crap about score.

The fact that he keeps "what ifing" means he isn't listening to anything that doesn't tell him his idea is the brightest little sparkle in the universe. And he wants a way around having to earn perks in person the hard way.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2016, 03:08:11 PM »
He didn't bother to search his topic for all the same wish's in the last 15 years that reached this point with no answer to determining a player's real ability versus not giving a crap about score.

The fact that he keeps "what ifing" means he isn't listening to anything that doesn't tell him his idea is the brightest little sparkle in the universe. And he wants a way around having to earn perks in person the hard way.

The reason I am in favor of micro-transactions:

the subscription based model is the main reason this game has been slowly withering away.
Triple AAA games such as IL-2 BoS/Warthunder are dominating the flight sim market for numerous reasons the biggest of which is there is no paywall to play, but those with the money are able to use it.

The most straightforward way to implement micro-transactions would be the perk system.

Grand Theft Auto Online has made $500 million from micro-transactions alone, i have no doubt that this game would make more money being free with micro-transactions than being subscription based.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2016, 03:18:07 PM »
i have no doubt that this game would make more money being free with micro-transactions than being subscription based.

Which merely reflects that you don't realize here's a big difference in the player base of those games versus this one. Those games also dummy down the difficulty. Junior logs on for free and thinks perks are gonna make him an ace? Junior gets disappointed and wanders off to War Blunder. This is a more serious game, believe it or not, and the average age of the player base reflects a player that's not into micro-purchasing himself to death (even the younger players in this community seem to appreciate both the game and business model). So if this is your way of 'helping' Dale acquire more revenue, bless your heart.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2016, 04:00:04 PM »
But Arlo, it would be FtP without that annoying monthly fee.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2016, 04:06:06 PM »
But Arlo, it would be FtP without that annoying monthly fee.

Hehe. I read you. One of the things I find amazing about this community are the players who maintain a sub even when life or circumstance prevents them from being active. Sometimes months at a time. Hard to make MPs during those months.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2016, 04:21:50 PM »
Which merely reflects that you don't realize here's a big difference in the player base of those games versus this one. Those games also dummy down the difficulty. Junior logs on for free and thinks perks are gonna make him an ace? Junior gets disappointed and wanders off to War Blunder. This is a more serious game, believe it or not, and the average age of the player base reflects a player that's not into micro-purchasing himself to death (even the younger players in this community seem to appreciate both the game and business model). So if this is your way of 'helping' Dale acquire more revenue, bless your heart.

My intention is to attract more players to the game by replacing the biggest barrier to entry.

You are assuming a number of things:
Those games also dummy down the difficulty
Have you played BoS?
Junior logs on for free and thinks perks are gonna make him an ace? Junior gets disappointed and wanders off to War Blunder.
Seems like Junior is a casual player, who never would have played in the first place had it not been free.
This is a more serious game, believe it or not, and the average age of the player base reflects a player that's not into micro-purchasing himself to death (even the younger players in this community seem to appreciate both the game and business model).
-> Again assumptions
The average age of "whales" (google the term) is 30, and most people are simply payers who only occasionally spend their money.
the younger players in this community seem to appreciate both the game and business model
thank you for speaking for them
Micro-transactions also don't need to be a requirement, simply a bypass the grind of building up perks.