Author Topic: Ability to buy more perk points  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Ability to buy more perk points
« on: April 08, 2016, 09:53:14 AM »
If you're like me, I don't have much time to spend earning perk points in the MA.  It would be nice if I could spend maybe $5 once in a while to earn like maybe enough perks to take a couple of 262's up or a B-29.

Would also be nice to do it either a) in game, or b) at the main login of the game.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: Ability to buy more perk points
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »
If you're like me, I don't have much time to spend earning perk points in the MA.  It would be nice if I could spend maybe $5 once in a while to earn like maybe enough perks to take a couple of 262's up or a B-29.

Would also be nice to do it either a) in game, or b) at the main login of the game.

I fell in love with this game because it was NOT a micro-transaction game.... I understand you're impatience and desire to fly "something bad-prettythang", but for those of us that have been earning perk points to use wisely it would cut out our legs if someone could just pay to obtain what i earned...

Please no micro-transactions..... unless it's 2000 perk points for a nuke that wipes a side of the map (think instant map change off of perk points)....   :devil
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 02:13:28 PM »
If it is just to get into a 262 or B29 several times a month, HTC could limit the frequency any single customer account can make that transaction weekly or by tour. The problem is if someone else actually owns the credit card and the player is being helped out or underage.

Or,

HTC can give you a popup menu at the start of every tour with your first entry into the MA where you choose one free 262, 163, single B29, Tiger2 perk amount. The rest is up to you if you fly a 262 or a bunch of Tempests and F4u4 and C-hogs, or ever get in a B-29, let alone a Tiger2. This seems more in the spirit of our game style.

Hitech has always been very good at saying "NO" when the forum hoard whines that they deserve more, then run commando around the forum for a week screaming Hitech is a big meenieee.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 02:32:11 PM »

NO!!!!!

When you find time to play...fly zeros or early 109s...

Or for our Allied friends fly a wildcat or p40 or spit 1
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 02:42:51 PM »
-1  Another example of "money can buy". Work for your perks. Even if you have limited time, it will be more gratifying. Not trying to be rude, just saying.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 02:44:43 PM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 03:03:01 PM »
If you're like me, I don't have much time to spend earning perk points in the MA. 

All right, Fork, who put you up to this?  You already have enough accumulated perks to equip a 1945 20th Air Force B-29 mission, and would have no difficulty acquiring more. 

Canadians are not known for deception, but I sense an ulterior motive here.

- Oldman the Suspicious

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 07:50:28 PM »

The whole point to the perk system would be subverted if a purchase system were implemented.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 01:41:12 AM »
+1

will help the game

-if correctly implemented-

could begin to chip away at the biggest barrier to this game -> the monthly price tag

the trick is to price it in a way to make it NOT pay to win, but allow those who have the money to spend it.

( I wouldn't be mad if it was $1 a perk point) milk those whales for their case.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 08:01:58 AM »
+1

will help the game

-if correctly implemented-

could begin to chip away at the biggest barrier to this game -> the monthly price tag

the trick is to price it in a way to make it NOT pay to win, but allow those who have the money to spend it.

( I wouldn't be mad if it was $1 a perk point) milk those whales for their case.

If $15 a month is a barrier, how does charging more money for perks help people overcome that?

Paying for perks is paying for advantage or in other words, paying to win.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 08:09:51 AM »
It's worse than that. It's a bad idea. It's an attempt to bring about a shortcut. However, when it fails to offer the perk purchaser the advantage that he thinks it will, then he resorts to whines on the BBS. Then everyone loses.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Avanti

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 05:36:56 AM »
If $15 a month is a barrier, how does charging more money for perks help people overcome that?

Paying for perks is paying for advantage or in other words, paying to win.

people who 'pay to win' normally don't know how to fly 262's and tempests any way

+1

Also giving people some starter perks might increase the amount of players who stay

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 06:56:27 AM »
-1   :O
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 08:18:16 AM »
people who 'pay to win' normally don't know how to fly 262's and tempests any way

+1

Also giving people some starter perks might increase the amount of players who stay

Starter perks is one thing...give 'em 100 perks in each category AFTER the initial monthly subscription is paid...

However allowing people to buy perks at will is a terrible idea...yeah it would bring some extra money in...but then Little Johnny can just get momma's credit card and spam 262s at will...or bustr might fall off the deep end and buy the pigs 262's for a whole month  :O
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 08:51:43 AM »
A monthly stipend of 100 perkies once a paid sub begins? Personally, doesn't matter to me since I like many an unperked ride but it may appeal to new bloods with my skill level who wanna fly jetz.