Author Topic: A weight challenge  (Read 22613 times)

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
A weight challenge
« on: April 21, 2016, 12:48:02 PM »
I need to lose some weight, 10 to 20 lbs.  I wondered if anyone in here would want to lose some weight along with me, sort of a challenge.  It helps to have a little moral support and be with others in the same goal. 

So if there is any interest, post, and somehow we can get started.  If no one is in, I will do it myself, just wanted a little help from my friends in here.  And you are all friends :uhoh
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
Re: A weight challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 01:01:07 PM »
Now we know why the wife sez no twerkin!  :old:
xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 01:16:14 PM »
I am in.  i can afford to lose at least 20 lbs.  what is the time frame?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 02:25:31 PM »
Same. I'm 6'1" and I need to drop from 210 to 190lbs. I'm focusing on cardio and abs in my workout, I really need good circulation exercise as I stay cooped up behind a computer most days and am susceptible to vascular ulcers on my ankles. Lack of movement and a love for all things food can quickly spell trouble for me.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 03:04:14 PM »
Nice.  Just lost 45 over an 8 month span.   If you were/are ex Mil or an athlete, your body WILL remember.  You won't believe it but it does.

Two suggestions.
1.  Run/walk 30 minutes a day.  That got me to 4 mikes a day in 32-35 minutes.

2.  Download MyFitnesspal app and let it set your caloric loads based on your goals.  If you have a smart phone or another step tracker, it will credit caloric burn so the more you walk, the more you can eat, hahaha and it's accurate as hell.

Gotta do #1 so your basil metabolic rate increases.  It's all about the calories.  If you aren't burning them, you're WEARING them.

Good luck gents... :banana:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:06:43 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 03:42:01 PM »
I sit and stare at a pc all day long for a living (Sales Analyst) but luckily weight has never been an issue.  My issue was/is muscle tone.  What I started doing a couple months back is simply 120 - 150 pushups a day 30 at a time.  What an amazing difference it makes. (62 yrs. old and rolling downhill fast lol)

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 03:52:15 PM »
I'd like to lose 50.. so 20 would be a good start..

Count me in!!

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 06:15:45 PM »
I'm a fat 65 year old at 312 pounds and am wanting to lose 100 pounds. I have two gorgeous male chocolate labs, and I'll bet I can lose more weight over time than most of you youngsters will with intensive training in the Gyms.

Oh! You Gym guys have such low body fat that this is not really a fair contest, is it? Well, yes it is, and I'll give you guys the head start.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 06:58:53 PM »
I haven't really thought of a time frame yet.  But a couple place online says 20 lbs is reasonable in 3 months.  Not sure how to go about starting and ending with a group.  But I am going to start tomorrow, April 22, and my goal is 20 lbs in 3 months. 

Don't think I will post starting and ending weight, but maybe a weekly update of how many pounds I may have shed  :)

If you all have any ideas, it would be great to hear them. 
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »
Got diagnosed as diabetic - had to change my diet so cut out carbs (no bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes).
Most carbs I eat are sweet potatoes, a bit of breaded fried chicken - lots of green veggies, salads etc.

So far, lost 95 pounds in weight - now weigh just over 180.

For exercise, I walk the dogs, or jump on an exercise bike - so far so good.

Wurz

Not a great diet, but beats the possible alternatives!!!
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 08:05:58 PM »
I lost a little over 20 lbs in three months with no exercise (170 to 147).  I got cancer and couldn't eat going through treatment.  I generally wouldn't recommend this path but I've been able to keep it off by simply watching my diet.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 08:29:49 PM »
Crap Bald, sorry to hear, you ok now?
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 10:15:39 PM »
Crap Bald, sorry to hear, you ok now?

Yeah.  I'm fine now.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 10:22:29 PM »
I'm a bit ahead of some of you, I just lost 35lbs in less than 3 weeks. Another 35 and I will be at my ideal weight.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 11:42:31 PM »
you wanna drop weight fast get your self a good juicer and juice for atleast 5 days ,the juice consist of 1 cucumber half a lemmon 2 slivers of ginger 1 green apple 1 pair 6 leafs of kale and a hand full of spinich and 3 stalks of cellery  , in the mornings add some pineapple you drink that  stuff for 5 days you will feel amazing and you will never sleep better in your life then when juicing, after that all plant based foods NO SALT NO SUGAR NO OIL. and you will be very happy , i started on the 1st of this month im down 23 pounds already i got a hell of a ways to go yet though
G3-MF