Author Topic: A weight challenge  (Read 22614 times)

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
Re: A weight challenge
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 11:46:08 PM »
when i juiced for 5 days 1st day lost 2 pounds 2nd day 5 pounds 3rd 2 pounds 4th 1 pound 5th 2 pounds
G3-MF

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 12:59:58 AM »
If you like meat, there is a way for most people to lose weight without much effort.  Go on a low-carb diet.  One guy at work did it, then two of us, then three, then my wife and Mom and Dad tried it.  Then another friend tried it.  It worked for all of us.  Eat less than 10% of your calories in carbs (about 4 calories per 1 gram of carbs), and eat as much meat is you want (and butter and cheese, no problem).

I wanted to lose about 5 lbs, but never got anywhere with trying to eat fewer calories.  All that resulted in was being hungry all the time, and I didn't lose much weight.  Went on a low-carb diet, and in about 4-6 weeks, lost 10 lbs and have with very little effort on my part kept it off for about a year or more now.  I now weigh about what I did in high school.

If you want to read why this works and why most of what the US thinks it knows about nutrition is bogus, read "The Big Fat Surprise," by Teicholz.  A fascinating book.  Or one of the books by Gary Taubes.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 02:08:22 AM »
juicing is expensive.  more like you starve to death.  by the second day you will be juicing a ham.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 02:14:27 AM »
by the second day you will be juicing a ham.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl that's not a bad idea! Roast chicken smoothy, oh yeah.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 02:43:22 AM »
Losing weight is simple arithmetic. You need to create a calorie deficit one way or another. Either by increasing physical activity or by reducing intake, or both. Whenever I need to lose a few kilos I prefer a low fat, low carb, high protein diet (PSMF) in combination with weight lifting. Setting realistic goals is also important. Body fat has a lot of energy and even if you create a rather extreme 1000 kcal daily deficit you'll only lose about 3 kilos/6 pounds per month.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 02:53:56 AM »
Eat less. It takes more activity to gain weight than it does to lose it. If you fast just one day a week all of your health risk factors cardiac, osteo, diabetes, cancer and possibly even dementia are reduced significantly. Unless you already have diabetes. And you can still eat like an american the rest of the week.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 03:00:15 AM »
Look up 'eat fast live longer' and prepare to have your mind blown!
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 03:08:33 AM »
Can this thread be locked?

It has no place in a flight combat sim.

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 03:12:02 AM »

Zack's on a soft fruit and legumes diet. Hippie!

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 03:23:43 AM »

No. It will not be locked, and you will peruse it and you will like it!

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2016, 07:04:20 AM »
Nice.  Just lost 45 over an 8 month span.   If you were/are ex Mil or an athlete, your body WILL remember.  You won't believe it but it does.

Two suggestions.
1.  Run/walk 30 minutes a day.  That got me to 4 mikes a day in 32-35 minutes.

2.  Download MyFitnesspal app and let it set your caloric loads based on your goals.  If you have a smart phone or another step tracker, it will credit caloric burn so the more you walk, the more you can eat, hahaha and it's accurate as hell.

Gotta do #1 so your basil metabolic rate increases.  It's all about the calories.  If you aren't burning them, you're WEARING them.

Good luck gents... :banana:

Simple advice, but yet the best advice.   :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2016, 11:40:24 AM »
Because you're a lazy lot I'll provide the link for you.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvdbtt_eat-fast-live-longer-hd_shortfilms

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »
I'm up to 37 lbs lost, but I cheat.  I have Crohn's disease and everything comes off incredibly easy, it is just stopping at my ideal weight that is the challenge.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2016, 12:29:35 PM »
Losing weight is simple arithmetic. You need to create a calorie deficit one way or another. Either by increasing physical activity or by reducing intake, or both.

I recommend reading "The Big Fat Surprise," by Teicholz and seeing if you still think that.  It's a very interesting book, so it's not even drudgery or work to read it.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »

:rofl

Well . . . if you shed an unneeded 100 lbs, you can take 100 lbs more cannon rounds and get the same turning performance out of your plane.

There's that box where you are supposed to input your weight so that the game calculates pilot weight in the game.