Author Topic: AH3 Vs AH2  (Read 10910 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: AH3 Vs AH2
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2016, 02:55:57 PM »
Traveler, they are testing.  It is a task that must be performed.  As you know this is a community of people that support the game and even though Dale owns the game, I'm pretty sure he needs our help.  Without this testing the complaints form the bugs that were not found would be overwhelming.

Do you have a solution for the problem you perceive?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »
Traveler, they are testing.  It is a task that must be performed.  As you know this is a community of people that support the game and even though Dale owns the game, I'm pretty sure he needs our help.  Without this testing the complaints form the bugs that were not found would be overwhelming.

Yes, don't use large maps, HTC does not have the customer base in AH2 to justify large maps .   Don't test during Prime time on a Saturday night .  If HTC needs the numbers to test in AH3,  he could ask everyone, via a mass email to test AH3 on a given day at a given hour ,  shut down AH2 and force everyone into AH3 for that one mass test.  Do it on a Sunday afternoon. Thank his customer base by awarding randomly picked customers with a free month of AH3. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2016, 03:36:21 PM »
---Do it on a Sunday afternoon.---

Just out of curiosity: which time zone?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2016, 03:50:12 PM »
Beta Combat Challenge tonight... BETA SEA. 10PM EDT. Best fights in Aces High, straight up dogfight furballs.

Time to put up 30-40+ in BETA Sea. :)
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2016, 04:13:31 PM »
If HTC needs the numbers to test in AH3,  he could ask everyone, via a mass email to test AH3 on a given day at a given hour ,  shut down AH2 and force everyone into AH3 for that one mass test.  Do it on a Sunday afternoon. Thank his customer base by awarding randomly picked customers with a free month of AH3.

If you can't see everything that's wrong with that statement, I am truly glad you don't run this game.

Just flat out terrible idea.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2016, 05:17:17 PM »
Traveler,

Your responses are getting as absurd as if the real reason for your anger at Hitech to start with, is he didn't pay to ship you to Ft Worth to have a private high level meeting towards getting your personal buy in to allow him to move Aces High forward to AH3. You are beginning to sound like a tenured political science professor at a whacked out liberal arts college angry that the administration chose Coke over Pepsi because of apartheid.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2016, 05:43:06 PM »
I had no idea.

I'm never going to drink another Pepsi for as long as I live.  I wonder if Pepsi has a message board........................
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2016, 08:22:59 AM »
Traveler,

Your responses are getting as absurd as if the real reason for your anger at Hitech to start with, is he didn't pay to ship you to Ft Worth to have a private high level meeting towards getting your personal buy in to allow him to move Aces High forward to AH3. You are beginning to sound like a tenured political science professor at a whacked out liberal arts college angry that the administration chose Coke over Pepsi because of apartheid.

Just which of my responses are absurd?  You should also re-read your responses above.  Now that's an absurd response.  I have neither love or hate for HTC.  It's a service that I pay to use.  Please try to remember what this post is about and stop going off in tangents.  I just commented that I didn't think it was a great idea with very low numbers in the LWA of AH2 for the CM's to be trying to draw away even more members into AH3.  Leaving the AH2 players faced with a large map and very low numbers for prime time to play.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2016, 09:28:48 AM »
Well, Traveler, you posted your thoughts, which are complaints that AH3 is being tested and that it's drawing people away from what YOU want them to do. They are misguided, at least. AH3 is coming, soon, and AH2 will go away, gladly. Accept the facts or move on. Those are your options, as your complaints will go unheeded by HTC, since they are counter-productive to the progress of the game.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2016, 09:58:06 AM »
Well, Traveler, you posted your thoughts, which are complaints that AH3 is being tested and that it's drawing people away from what YOU want them to do. They are misguided, at least. AH3 is coming, soon, and AH2 will go away, gladly. Accept the facts or move on. Those are your options, as your complaints will go unheeded by HTC, since they are counter-productive to the progress of the game.

You got it wrong.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
Don't stand in the way of progress  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2016, 01:04:10 PM »
Just which of my responses are absurd?  You should also re-read your responses above.  Now that's an absurd response.  I have neither love or hate for HTC.  It's a service that I pay to use.  Please try to remember what this post is about and stop going off in tangents.  I just commented that I didn't think it was a great idea with very low numbers in the LWA of AH2 for the CM's to be trying to draw away even more members into AH3.  Leaving the AH2 players faced with a large map and very low numbers for prime time to play.

Look Traveler, I see your point. I will try to argue why I think it might be a bad idea, and then you can think about it.

1. Shifting everyone to one map, when perhaps the majoirty of people who already are playing AH2 aren't prepared, would limit more people from playing the game, thus creating smaller fights anyway.

2. I actually think this way is the best way, so far. Here are the reasons. The fights in the MA during primetime are still pretty large. There aren't enough people in the Beta to really cause that much difference in the #s. This also gives people the opportunity to check out the beta whenever they have a chance. Having smaller #s in the Beta is better than a huge shift of players, because you'd have a larger # of people logging due to bugs that are still being pressed out. If they couldn't go back to AH2 than they would be even more dissappinted.

3. Most of the attention is going toward the new Beta, whether you like it or not. I too, wish we could have smaller maps, but it's not that simple for the moment. The best we can hope for is for map makers and Hitech to approve of maps where the action might be a little bit quicker in terms of base length, in AH3. I have found that the bases feel a little closer in the Beta map right now, so I'm happy with it so far.

4. Use this time to become better at the game. A lot of times it's about strategy and finding enemies. You can really rack up a lot of kills if you know how to find them and be aggressive in the fights. This can allow you to get more kills and enjoy the game better. Work on your kills per time. It helps you to be in the action. I am not critizing your flying by any means. But becoming better at finding the fights and generating more kills will help you to have more fun.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 01:09:28 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2016, 02:10:27 PM »
Look Traveler, I see your point. I will try to argue why I think it might be a bad idea, and then you can think about it.

1. Shifting everyone to one map, when perhaps the majoirty of people who already are playing AH2 aren't prepared, would limit more people from playing the game, thus creating smaller fights anyway.

2. I actually think this way is the best way, so far. Here are the reasons. The fights in the MA during primetime are still pretty large. There aren't enough people in the Beta to really cause that much difference in the #s. This also gives people the opportunity to check out the beta whenever they have a chance. Having smaller #s in the Beta is better than a huge shift of players, because you'd have a larger # of people logging due to bugs that are still being pressed out. If they couldn't go back to AH2 than they would be even more dissappinted.

3. Most of the attention is going toward the new Beta, whether you like it or not. I too, wish we could have smaller maps, but it's not that simple for the moment. The best we can hope for is for map makers and Hitech to approve of maps where the action might be a little bit quicker in terms of base length, in AH3. I have found that the bases feel a little closer in the Beta map right now, so I'm happy with it so far.

4. Use this time to become better at the game. A lot of times it's about strategy and finding enemies. You can really rack up a lot of kills if you know how to find them and be aggressive in the fights. This can allow you to get more kills and enjoy the game better. Work on your kills per time. It helps you to be in the action. I am not critizing your flying by any means. But becoming better at finding the fights and generating more kills will help you to have more fun.
Not really sure where you are going with all this, I was responding to a direct question and perhaps I didn’t organize my answer very well, so let me do it here in hind sight.
The question was this:

My response was poorly organized and I hope it’s better here:
1.   Yes, don't use large maps, HTC does not have the customer base in AH2 to justify large maps .   Don't test during Prime time on a Saturday night .
2.    If HTC needs  numbers to test in AH3,  he could ask everyone, via a mass email to test AH3 on a given day at a given hour. 
3.   IF HTC thought it would help he could   shut down AH2 and force everyone into AH3 for that one mass test.
4.    Do it on a Sunday afternoon, or at a time that would provide HTC with the best test results.
5.    Thank his tester base by awarding randomly picked customers with a free month of AH3.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2016, 02:20:19 PM »
Not really sure where you are going with all this, I was responding to a direct question and perhaps I didn’t organize my answer very well, so let me do it here in hind sight.
The question was this:
My response was poorly organized and I hope it’s better here:
1.   Yes, don't use large maps, HTC does not have the customer base in AH2 to justify large maps .   Don't test during Prime time on a Saturday night .
2.    If HTC needs  numbers to test in AH3,  he could ask everyone, via a mass email to test AH3 on a given day at a given hour. 
3.   IF HTC thought it would help he could   shut down AH2 and force everyone into AH3 for that one mass test.
4.    Do it on a Sunday afternoon, or at a time that would provide HTC with the best test results.
5.    Thank his tester base by awarding randomly picked customers with a free month of AH3.

I answered all of that, but apparently you didn't read it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2016, 04:30:11 PM »
the irony is that traveler doesnt understand that only 12 people went to the beta arena. while about 150 were in the MA.  I had a lot of fun that day.  not sure why traveler wasnt able to have fun.  sounds like a personal problem to me.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.