Author Topic: GMan  (Read 5106 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: GMan
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2016, 04:27:27 PM »
The cause is up for conjecture. One Professor from the UofA voiced an opinion. That's all.

A lot of fires we see up here are actually flared up from still smoldering fires from last year. Many times a fire doesn't go completely out, and as temperatures cool it will slowly smolder through the winter. all it takes is a dry spring and a bit of wind at that point to flare up again. Zama up north west of High Level is a good example, that fire is about 4 years old and just hibernates for the winters.

It's really to early to source a cause, in fact there may never be any determnation one way or the other. Fire is pretty good at destroying evidence.

More importantly, there are 100,000 people now who need help, and that is a way better thing to focus on at this point.

:cry.....long week

RTR

That is true.  Forgot to add moss that makes great insulation for the fire in winter. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2016, 04:36:35 PM »
I'll give you that. I think PA has an underground fire that has been burning to more than 100 years.

When I consider disasters like this my first thought is to discover who has the most to gain from a disaster like that, and then what method they might use. Finally I move to accidental causes and the most likely method. When dealing with humans I always consider that stupidity will win out over intent, so that's why I ended up where I did.

I also saw the trailer park in Facebook posts and it certainly did not look like the place Gman later mentioned. Given my experience in life it is only natural I would see things the way I do.

My family has lots of firemen from Florida to Northern Alaska, so I have heard the stories of what they find. That only serves to reinforce my way of thinking. They'll figure it out once things settle down.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2016, 11:01:24 AM »
The cause is up for conjecture. One Professor from the UofA voiced an opinion. That's all.

A lot of fires we see up here are actually flared up from still smoldering fires from last year. Many times a fire doesn't go completely out, and as temperatures cool it will slowly smolder through the winter. all it takes is a dry spring and a bit of wind at that point to flare up again. Zama up north west of High Level is a good example, that fire is about 4 years old and just hibernates for the winters.

It's really to early to source a cause, in fact there may never be any determnation one way or the other. Fire is pretty good at destroying evidence.

More importantly, there are 100,000 people now who need help, and that is a way better thing to focus on at this point.

:cry.....long week

RTR

Still praying for all out there.   

Edit:  Now I am reading that they expect this to double in size within 24 hours.   :(
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:30:02 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2016, 10:44:13 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36242433

Damn, it has now reached Saskatchewan.   I saw some pictures of Minneapolis getting some of the smoke remnants and it was surreal.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2016, 07:18:17 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36242433

Damn, it has now reached Saskatchewan.   I saw some pictures of Minneapolis getting some of the smoke remnants and it was surreal.

Canadian News says it's nearing Sask. but not quite there yet!

It's looking more and more like it's going to be several weeks before it's controlled. Mother Nature needs to dump a ton of rain to help or it may be a month or more before it's done.

There is also another big burn just starting in Northern Ontario,looks like Pipz's back yard is on fire too!

:salute

PS: Fort Mac is on lock down,everyone is ordered out,seems some looting was going on..... As if the fire wasnt bad enough.... A real black eye for most Canuks!

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »
Pretty accurate Oak, not looking good.

One of thousands.

Thats just depressing to watch  :(
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women