Author Topic: GMan  (Read 5108 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: GMan
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »
Just an FYI, but the average price of the trailers in Ft Mac is around 600,000$, at least it was when I left. 

I have already been reading the drug reports for Alberta and, sorry to say, the quantity of drugs is right in line with the larger sum of cash available. Drugs have always been a part of the human culture and will continue to be a problem until well into the future. I don't believe there is a cure and I know for a fact that drugs are entrenched in every social strata no matter what the wealth level is. Wealth is usually the driving factor and not poverty.

So, if it turns out to be something else then it's something else, but don't pretend the problem doesn't exist just because people in the area are wealthy.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 02:34:22 PM »
Maybe you misread my post - in no way did I say there isn't a drug problem in the Mac, the drug problem is greater in Ft Mac than anywhere else in the province, anyone in L/E will confirm that instantly.   My pointing out the price of trailers had nothing to do with the drug commentary, not sure why you quoted that at all.  My point was that due to their being great wealth there, drug users tend to buy more expensive drugs than meth, ie cocaine.  You can read all the drug reports you like, but you don't know more than I do on this subject there, as my wife's work there was often directly related to the war on drugs.  In fact, why don't you post some links to where you can prove that meth is the major durb problem in Ft Mac - which is your contention, and that a meth lab, which must be so prevalent there, started the fire (ridiculous).  Meth has popped up there, but just based on the drug seizures and charges laid in Ft Mac, cocaine and crack created from cocaine is 75% of the drug problem there, with 20% being pills and Chinese made blue Fentanyl pills.  You can look it up.

You're not making any sense, at all. 
sorry to say, the quantity of drugs is right in line with the larger sum of cash available. Drugs have always been a part of the human culture and will continue to be a problem until well into the future.

Where did I disagree with this? 
Not much meth scene in Ft Mac, cocaine is another matter. 

Cocaine is a huge problem there, oxy and fentanyl now too, but meth isn't a big issue..yet.  Ft Mac is the richest city in N.A., it isn't even up for debate, people with $ tend towards cocaine over meth,

All I've said, which is 100% accurate, is that meth isn't nearly the problem that coke, crack, and pills are.  I will say now also that meth labs, especially in Ft Mac, are pretty few and far between, as again, meth isn't that sought after a recreational drug, unlike others.

He's a little busy right now, but if you want to "challenge" (get it), any of that, once the emergency is over, call Sgt Corey Kyle with the RCMP there, who rented our place from us.  He'll tell you exactly what I just did, as that's where most of my information comes from there now that I don't live there anymore.   Or, you can google "meth lab Fort Mcmurray" and see how many results you get...there aren't many, if any in the last few years.  Google "cocaine Fort Mcmurray" and see what happens.

It feels odd discussing these problems, as dealing with them were such a large part our life for a few years, and now the place where it was all so important is just a smoking hole in the ground...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:53:40 PM by Gman »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 02:48:17 PM »
Sorry, Gman, I quoted you because it is a common misconception that once money and wealth become readily available that these problems go away. I was justifying my intuition about the beginning point of the fire, since it is downwind of the trailer park any smells from meth manufacture would be carried away and the site not discovered.

My first wife was very active in the drug culture and I used to lecture law enforcement about the inherent behavior patterns of drug addicts. Seems surreal at this point because I am so very far removed from that environment.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 02:53:20 PM »
All good, like I said, I agree regarding the relationship of $ to drug use, no place in our country are drugs more prevalent than Ft McMurray, especially blow and rock, it's literally everywhere, and frankly pretty shocking to see how widespread its use is, even with professionals.  The RCMP there have had more officers get dismissed for falling into drug use and drug crime than any other city in the country - that alone should say a lot.  I knew one cop Kevin Lockart there that was actually DEALING cocaine, stolen from the evidence locker, and he didn't get caught for 2 years, and made millions.  Tens of millions they think.  Small time dealers there sell several ounces per day (at least they did) by the gram and make 1500 to 2000$ every day.  The attraction is great, and the punishment pretty small up here.  That's a big part of the problem.

Anyhow, the fire has grown by several times overnight, it's not looking better, it's worse.  Depressing. 

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2016, 03:27:38 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:18:53 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2016, 03:50:40 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:19:02 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:19:13 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2016, 04:28:54 PM »
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:19:29 AM by Skuzzy »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2016, 04:43:44 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:19:47 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 05:02:07 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:19:59 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 08:02:49 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:20:13 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
"heavily loaded on the side of people-caused fires."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/lack-of-lightning-suggests-a-human-caused-fort-mcmurray-fire-professor-1.2887946

Still under investigation, obviously, with the fire still raging. They will know the cause.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »
Seeing a lot of air view of the fire and smoke.  There are a lot of fuel load for the fire that tells me that area had not had fires many decades or over a century.  It will burn another good week or two be for they can stop it.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 03:54:35 PM »
Pretty accurate Oak, not looking good.

One of thousands.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 04:07:56 PM »
The cause is up for conjecture. One Professor from the UofA voiced an opinion. That's all.

A lot of fires we see up here are actually flared up from still smoldering fires from last year. Many times a fire doesn't go completely out, and as temperatures cool it will slowly smolder through the winter. all it takes is a dry spring and a bit of wind at that point to flare up again. Zama up north west of High Level is a good example, that fire is about 4 years old and just hibernates for the winters.

It's really to early to source a cause, in fact there may never be any determnation one way or the other. Fire is pretty good at destroying evidence.

More importantly, there are 100,000 people now who need help, and that is a way better thing to focus on at this point.

:cry.....long week

RTR
The Damned