Author Topic: Where do I find the recommended PC specs for AH3?  (Read 595 times)

Offline Whisper

• Zinc Member
Where do I find the recommended PC specs for AH3?
« on: June 05, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »
A new version of AH seems like a good reason to upgrade/replace the ol' game machine.  Where do I find the suggested specs?  I intend to build it for maximum AH performance.

Thanks.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Where do I find the recommended PC specs for AH3?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 01:30:21 PM »
The specs aren't finalized yet. For max performance you don't need the specs.  :D 

You need to decide what video resolution you want to use, then you can select the parts required for good frame rate.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 01:52:30 PM »
As FLS said, nothing has been carved in stone. However, based on what HT and Skuzzy have told and what other players have noticed, some basics can be gathered from what has been told:

#1: Don't skimp on the video card!
#2: AH3 will run well on a computer that can run other games well.
#3: You can't get everything. Currently the toughest things to choose from are 4K resolution, 144Hz refresh rate or everything maxxed including the Environment slider. VR goggles on the experimental side. Decide what you want and make your plans accordingly.

There's been quite many threads about builds on this forum recently, read those to get some ideas.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 03:00:52 PM »
Yeah, from the testing I have done games like AH3 do not need the higher refresh rates. If we had the FPS experience here (it may happen at some point, but not now), then 120-144Hz would be really good. It might also require that hitech add motion blur to the game, so that people don't experience motion sickness. We are already beginning to see some of that in the VR experience.

That said, it is also possible that higher speeds near the ground, or high velocity vehicles could incorporate peripheral vision imbalances, which can cause queasiness and motion illness.

Something for further investigation I think. Just ask yourself if you play mostly FPS type games (higher refresh is best), or flight sim type simulations (60 fps).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 07:16:20 PM »
How much do you want to spend?
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 04:05:49 PM »
Yeah, from the testing I have done games like AH3 do not need the higher refresh rates.

Maybe I'm in the minority but high refresh rates make a big difference to me in AH. Playing at 144/120hrz VS 60hrz is much smoother when maneuvering an airplane to my eye. At 60hrz i can detect a shimmering/ micro studder where as with 144/120 it is smooth as silk.