Author Topic: MAPS  (Read 1132 times)

Offline acev

• Zinc Member
MAPS
« on: June 17, 2016, 05:49:31 PM »
I know this has been ask a thousand times, but I'm looking for HiRes details printable maps that show the lay out of fields and town and what's on them, I have tried searching the forum without much success or I'm just looking I the wrong place

thanks

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: MAPS
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:57:28 PM »
Here is a link to our files page. There is a list of field maps and a few other things. If the download asks for a password, is 421.

http://blackwidows.co/files/
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline acev

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 06:17:05 PM »
thanks for the quick reply

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 02:19:26 AM »
acev,   

If you are still looking for maps, you can PM me your e-mail address and I will send them right over to you

Regards,    1i
"One-Eye"

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 01:56:25 PM »
If you are involved in attacking or taking bases, I recommend using maps that list the objects (especially auto-ack and manned guns on V-bases and Ports) using the object numbers per the "downtime commands" (.dt field object).  You will recognize such maps if the object numbers start with 0. 

For example, the six auto-ack guns at a Vehicle Base will be numbered (gng) 0-5.  I personally use and recommend 1ijac's maps, because he includes most of that information on his maps with the exception of all the ack guns on airfields.

1ijac's maps also include a key that lists the different gun numbers and their location in the town for all 3 different sized air fields (small, medium and large), which can be quite useful.  You should note that the 8 auto-ack guns in towns are numbered differently depending on the size of the field (because auto-acks are numbered in hexadecimal starting with the guns on the field and ending with the town guns -- larger fields have more guns, so the town guns have higher numbers at those fields).

<S>
Kingpin
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:05:13 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 02:13:28 PM »
The maps that I provided in the link to are Capt. Pand's maps. They are set according to the downtime commands.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 03:04:51 PM »
The maps that I provided in the link to are Capt. Pand's maps. They are set according to the downtime commands.

:aok
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:48:55 PM »
This is the level of detail I have in the maps I use:

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 03:35:27 AM »
This is the level of detail I have in the maps I use:

That's the one I use for towns.  I may have mistakenly attributed that to 1ijac, as I use his field maps, and forgotten you gave me that one a while back.  The gun-pit object numbers and locations are particularly useful.

Thanks again for posting, Jinx!!!

:salute

p.s. I hope the injury to your hand is on the mend.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 03:38:45 AM by Kingpin »