Author Topic: Thanks for the Beatdown STARFOX  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
Re: Thanks for the Beatdown STARFOX
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 03:19:50 PM »
What is with the engine off thing?  Is it a bug or some sort of oversight in the flight model?   :headscratch:

The way it works now, your engine cuts off and restarts immediately. It instantly removes all torque effects from your aircraft, making hammerheads and other difficult opposite torque maneuvers easy to do. You can also do some crazy slow speed maneuvers if you cut the engine off then restart it with full power going. In the new version of AH your engine takes a few seconds to restart mid air, so this will be less effective.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2016, 03:32:36 PM »
Junky is correct...seemed you were never in the same area as skyyrfox V...funny coincidence

Oh and I've got an awesome film of a BnZ pony pilot who went poof from a spit 5 yesterday... :aok

I have died to him twice, killed him once.  So much for that theory.  DERP.

As for your pathetic Spit V, so what?  After I shattered your canopy you kept making very feeble attempts to hit me.   I saw you there the whole time flailing around.   Yawn.  I was more intent on killing the guy in front of me and was willing to give you a free shot to do so.  MEH!   That you had to brag about killing me on 200 shows what an accomplishment (rare!) that was for you.  Congrats.  Keep it up. Someday you'll be in my class.    :aok

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:36:05 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2016, 03:41:02 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:30:42 PM by Skuzzy »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:31:02 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 04:01:09 PM »
What is with the engine off thing?  Is it a bug or some sort of oversight in the flight model?   :headscratch:

when your main aim is to rinse all energy out of your opponent, rope them right up into a stall and you go to far and spin.  Having the engine off eliminates the torque and can allow the player to get the plane nose down and under control marginally quicker.  Basically it's a bit of a gimmick rather than take the time to learn the intricacies of the flight / stall model and not put yourself in that position in the first place.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 04:09:07 PM »

Some people think that it helps lessen the torque in a slow turn fight, but in reality turning off your engine during any point in a fight is stupid.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2016, 04:09:32 PM »
 If it is who we think it is then as long as he doesn't repeat his past sins I say let the player play.  I know of another that got booted but is back in the game under a new name and he seems to try to do better.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2016, 04:14:03 PM »
in reality turning off your engine during any point in a fight is stupid.
QFT
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2016, 04:15:52 PM »
If it is who we think it is then as long as he doesn't repeat his past sins I say let the player play.  I know of another that got booted but is back in the game under a new name and he seems to try to do better.

Starfox hasn't Hoed me on any merge or front quarter pass so if it is Skyyr he is being much nicer.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2016, 04:27:08 PM »
Some people think that it helps lessen the torque in a slow turn fight, but in reality turning off your engine during any point in a fight is stupid.

Except when I am being sneaky in a 262 gaining hard on someone's low 6 and I don't want them to hear me coming.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2016, 04:33:42 PM »
I heard he was unbanned.

Who told you Skyyr was unbanned?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2016, 04:34:05 PM »
It's easier to go from full throttle to no throttle I guess...can be tricky when they slow down all the sudden.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »
Who cares who Starfox is......if he fights....any kind of a fight......to me he's welcome...... :old:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2016, 04:41:07 PM »
In the new version of AH your engine takes a few seconds to restart mid air, so this will be less effective.

It's also like that now, there is a small delay in starting up your engine compared to how it was about 12-13 years ago.  The small delay was put in as an answer to players turning off/on their engine to supposedly make them slow down faster to turn better.  If anyone remembers hblair would understand.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2016, 04:59:02 PM »
when your main aim is to rinse all energy out of your opponent, rope them right up into a stall and you go to far and spin.  Having the engine off eliminates the torque and can allow the player to get the plane nose down and under control marginally quicker.  Basically it's a bit of a gimmick rather than take the time to learn the intricacies of the flight / stall model and not put yourself in that position in the first place.

Seems a lot easier to do a hammerhead if you cut the engine, unsure if it's doing any good though.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking