Author Topic: you have shot yourself  (Read 2522 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: you have shot yourself
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 12:49:47 PM »
If the were shooter and shootie are in the same plane type, Kill Shooter applies the exact same damage as it would against an enemy.

But if you are in different aircraft what component takes the damaged can be more arbitrary depending on the shapes of the aircraft.

HiTech

Thanks for the reply....   

TC
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:06:05 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 02:47:36 PM »
My interpretation of this based on HT's reply and my experience with Killshooter is that the "shot yourself X times" does not mean X number of bullets hit, but rather that "X parts" have taken damage.

That is why you can fire a single round from a heavy gun (like a 17 lber or 88 flak) and get a "shot yourself 3 times" message.  That would suggest that the single round damaged 3 parts of that plane/vehicle.

So, in your example, I expect that it registered 4 hits (4 messages) and damaged 5 parts (the x times total).  Since there were separate messages, you may have hit the same part more than once.

If this interpretation is incorrect, hopefully HT will let me know.

<S>
Kingpin

p.s.  I have seen a copy of the Magna Carta in England.  This is considerably shorter.  :aok

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:31:55 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 07:09:08 PM »
Hits are 1 for 1

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 08:09:22 PM »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 07:19:47 AM »
Do it in a Yak3, and you will get bored to death by reading the text buffer before your plane get killed  :old:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 03:06:51 PM »
Search is your best friend when you want Hitech to answer most game questions. Some of his responses over the last 16 years. He seems to like kill shooter the way it's implemented.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A long time ago (sigh about 20 years) in a land far far away I was flying a P38.

I had a new record for myself of 8 kills on my shiny p38 and was flying home in the clear with no bullets left.

A brand spanking new guy comes along , flies behind me and pulls the trigger.

I die.

About 4 years later kill shooter was created.

HiTech

-----------------------------------------

Another on the same theme from Hitech...

-----------------------------------------

OMG, I've been away for 5 years and it was such a laugh to read HT's great answers to this oft asked question!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 01:02:48 PM »
Do it in a Yak3, and you will get bored to death by reading the text buffer before your plane get killed  :old:
I had a weird one the other night.  I took a cannon hit from a Yak that was super close to me.  I guess I took damage, but he got killed by the explosion from his own round. 

I got the kill...  One in a million...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 01:37:02 PM »
I had a weird one the other night.  I took a cannon hit from a Yak that was super close to me.  I guess I took damage, but he got killed by the explosion from his own round. 

I got the kill...  One in a million...

Not as rare as you think.   I've lost quite a few 163s from flying through the cheesy poofs of 30mm hits on bombers. 
Killshot my F6F with splash damage from two air to air HVAR rockets hitting the wing of a B-26. 
Even if you score fatal damage, you lose if the splash is too close to your cockpit.  The other guy doesn't even have to hit you at all. 
And gets a good laugh at your expense.   :bhead

On the other hand, it is nice to know that Yaks have one weak spot in their weightless, Warthog-esque titanium armor tub.   :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."