Author Topic: Anyone using TIR?  (Read 15682 times)

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
Anyone using TIR?
« on: September 05, 2016, 10:46:04 PM »
Use TIR and can't lock my head in the forward view or look around the armor plate at all, no matter how far I lean out to the side. I've messed with TIR and AHIII and nada. Worked fine in AHII.

Figure someone must have worked this out :).

Thanks!
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
Re: Anyone using TIR?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 10:52:33 PM »
Hmmm...I think mine worked without doing anything extra. Ive had it not register that the game was on but that happend a few times on AH2 also. Your profile didnt get switched did it?

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 10:55:59 PM »
Thanks Pluto!

I can look around fine in TIR. I just can't hold my head in forward view to see where the bullets should go. Makes shooting difficult. :)

I can't figure out how to look back at all. Right now its worse than the AW mirror view.  At least then you saw something. This is like having a wall behind your head. If that was how it was in WWII they never would have made bubble canopies for anything. :)

--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 12:24:46 AM »
Do you have tir relative view(I think that is what it's called) checked?

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 02:01:43 AM »
It's very easy to create a "deadband" so you look forward in all axis within a couple of degrees, using the trackir program.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 02:42:22 AM »
What FOV are you using?  Just a thought.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 02:46:05 AM »
YES! I had same problem as you. I used a look forward key to look around the nose in fights. AH2 view keys locked you to that view until you let up on key. To solve this I just set some dead zone in the curve section in TIR. Its pretty easy to find the true forward around nose position, as its in the dead zone. Hope this helped, if not, I can explain it more. Oh, the locking of views worked, up to and before we got the latest patch in beta. Guess it just carried over into AH3
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 02:50:45 AM »
Thanks Pluto!

I can look around fine in TIR. I just can't hold my head in forward view to see where the bullets should go. Makes shooting difficult. :)

I can't figure out how to look back at all. Right now its worse than the AW mirror view.  At least then you saw something. This is like having a wall behind your head. If that was how it was in WWII they never would have made bubble canopies for anything. :)
You should set your "X curves in TIR to a pretty fast movement. I have it set up like that and it works great. Just lean ato one side or the other. It does get confusing to keep upi with trailing cons, as leaning left and turning head shifts view to right side looking back.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 03:43:40 AM »
I just now discovered that my mic boom was interfering with my TIR boom......... doh   :o  Sorry, HiTech I was reporting that TIR was sticking as I looked down and tried to rotate through the cockpit.  Just now discovered that the mic boom was positioned in the way.  So, I am going to move one boom or the other to reversed side (whichever is the easiest to reconfigure). 

Maybe this would be useful to some other TIR users.... but most likely only noob like me would have that problem....  :aok  fixed!

Offline Beau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 07:19:23 AM »
I am having a problem also with TIR. This is only with some of the f4u models. I feel like something was changed from AH2 to AH3. Every view in AH2 worked fine but with AH3 I can't get the x view to work correctly. My ingame head position just stays the same no matter how far I lean to the left or right. In every other plane I have tried it works correctly, only not in the Corsairs. The f4u-1 works correctly but as soon as I hop in a 1A or D it doesn't work. And it should work exactly the same as I have changed nothing from one plane to the next. I hope that someone can figure this out.

Coot

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 10:33:55 AM »
Thanks Pluto!

TIR works the same for me in AH3 but in AH2 the forward view would not over-ride the TIR like the other views do. Rear views and head movement still works the same. Did you copy your entire settings folder from AH2?

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 10:47:02 AM »
In AH2 did you have your 12 o clock POV set to forward or Up/Forward?

If you set your  AH3 12  o clock POV to forward then it should over ride TIR. If you set any other button to become the forward view (provided its a press and hold down suitable button) then it  should also over ride TIR
Ludere Vincere

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
How views work with TIR has changed  in AH3.

Your view keys no longer overide the TIR, instead it sets your body position with a view key.

So if you press left, you can still transpose and rotate your view with your track Ir as if your body was turned left.

HiTech

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 02:36:38 PM »
Thanks all the suggestions! I will try them out.

Just a thought though. I'm wondering what is the gain? What is the particular advantage of the new system that makes it a desirable change from the old? In the old system you just leaned out to the side and looked, no touching of keys. It seems under this system you hit the left key and turn. Isn't that one added key press?

It seems that which control overrides which control is an ordering issue. Just change the order and voila! there is no adaptation time or effort from AHII to AHIII. Seems like a win-win.

Much appreciated!
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 02:40:53 PM »
Thanks all the suggestions! I will try them out.

Just a thought though. I'm wondering what is the gain? What is the particular advantage of the new system that makes it a desirable change from the old? In the old system you just leaned out to the side and looked, no touching of keys. It seems under this system you hit the left key and turn. Isn't that one added key press?

It seems that which control overrides which control is an ordering issue. Just change the order and voila! there is no adaptation time or effort from AHII to AHIII. Seems like a win-win.

Much appreciated!

Before when you looked left it was a fixed view that only allowed head position movement. Now when you look left you can look around and see more of your surroundings as well as move your head position.