Author Topic: Pre-release Patch 4 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 9067 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: Pre-release Patch 4 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 12:32:25 PM »
When my GV is shut down and I'm listening for GV's heading in my direction......I pan around with my turret and I have noticed that when I finally see the oncoming GV, the sound is off by as much as 30 to 40 degrees. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I checked my sound settings and I have it set to stereo and to headset.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 12:33:38 PM »
Open Melee: No Vox, send or receive (including when I tune to myself)

Dueling, AvA, WW1: Can tune to myself and send/receive works (nobody else there to test)

Mic works otherwise (windows config & soundblasterZ software), can hear myself fine.

Slight change from the other day when I posted... Dueling Arena didn't work then, does now (tuned to myself).

Did you try the .resetv command and see if you can reset the vox? Had that previously a few times and worked like a charm when I did it.

Offline hulk31st

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2016, 12:35:22 PM »
Bomber problems, still:

• Flew B26 and Ki67. Second drone would not join up with lead and #1 drone, tried slowing down after takeoff, levelling out, climbing, turning, speeding up. Nothing worked. #2 drone stayed low and never joined up, exploding.
  • Lead Ki-67 was hit in #1 engine, got an oil leak. When the engine stopped, the #1 engine in drone also stopped, though it was not trailing oil nor damaged.
Tunisia 1944 Scenario Participant

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2016, 12:44:14 PM »
Tested each arena for vox, tuning to myself. No issues.

On WW1 arena in the Hangar the wheels of the vehicles were sunk by several inches into the bottom. The crates looked like that, too, whereas the plane had no weight at all on the grass/moss.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2016, 12:59:21 PM »
I recommend using a new 'project temp folder' to hold the temporary DAT files so if the TE/Uploader fail you don't accidentally delete the hightmap.htz etc.
Ouch!
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2016, 01:43:02 PM »
I recommend using a new 'project temp folder' to hold the temporary DAT files so if the TE/Uploader fail you don't accidentally delete the hightmap.htz etc.
Ouch!

<pats Easyscor on the back>  It's gonna be okay......  <turns head to third wall> Anything worth doing once, is worth doing a thousand times..... ;)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »
When my GV is shut down and I'm listening for GV's heading in my direction......I pan around with my turret and I have noticed that when I finally see the oncoming GV, the sound is off by as much as 30 to 40 degrees. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I checked my sound settings and I have it set to stereo and to headset.

YES!!!!!!

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2016, 02:55:49 PM »
<pats Easyscor on the back>  It's gonna be okay......  <turns head to third wall> Anything worth doing once, is worth doing a thousand times..... ;)
:cry  :cry  :cry  :pray

Custom ground textures
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2016, 03:05:12 PM »
Offline on the small, medium, and large airfields I get a consistent 90 FPS on the runway in VR with or without a drone being shot at by ack. On the extra large airfields I get 90 with no drone but if I put one up FPS drops and varies 45-75. Not saying it's a bug but I wanted to mention it.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2016, 03:18:59 PM »
Second this one:

"Water has no texture at any altitude."
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2016, 04:38:08 PM »
If I climb up on a hill with my GV and look down at the valley below.......I can Open Graphics settings and turn down the sliders to "Ground Detail Range", "Tree Detail", and "Terrain Detail" all the way to the left to their lowest settings. I leave my
"Object Setting" all the way to the right to it's highest setting...........wait for it.....I am getting to the point   :)

You are able to shoot at enemy GV's 2 to 2.5k away and they appear to be in the wide open spaces. No trees. I can safely shoot them and they cannot shoot back. Why?....because they see the trees and cannot see me nor shoot back through trees. I believe the 3 sliders need to be tied directly with the slider "Object Setting" or there will be allot of players exploiting this feature in graphics settings to their advantage in GV'ing. I have not tried this in the airplanes.....but I'm sure it is a similar situation.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:44:57 PM by Mano »

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2016, 04:48:20 PM »
I can post my DxDiag if you need it

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »
I use my mouse to shoot while in gv. Noticed that if supplies are out mouse control doesn't wirk until supplies disappear
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2016, 05:37:04 PM »
Did you try the .resetv command and see if you can reset the vox? Had that previously a few times and worked like a charm when I did it.

Yep.  No joy.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2016, 10:12:29 PM »
...You are able to shoot at enemy GV's 2 to 2.5k away and they appear to be in the wide open spaces. No trees. I can safely shoot them and they cannot shoot back. Why?....because they see the trees and cannot see me nor shoot back through trees. I believe the 3 sliders need to be tied directly with the slider "Object Setting" or there will be allot of players exploiting this feature in graphics settings to their advantage in GV'ing. I have not tried this in the airplanes.....but I'm sure it is a similar situation.

Yes, it's already happening. I suspected as much after being killed by guys I never see and tested it tonight. A guy a good mile and a half away was lobbing shots at me. Graphics on, don't see him, graphics off, there he is, plain as day in a muddy green flat land.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001