Author Topic: Hit sprites  (Read 6313 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Hit sprites
« on: September 13, 2016, 08:30:07 AM »
Can we increase the size of these a tad please? same with tracers
I cant tell if Im hitting anything 3/4 of the time
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Hit sprites
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 08:37:49 AM »
There have been multiple posts through multiple threads about this.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,381433.0.html
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 08:42:36 AM »
There have been multiple posts through multiple threads about this.
Maybe there's been multiple posts because there's been no indication a change will be made. 

Changing FOV isn't the answer.  While it may improve hit sprites and tracers, it comes with a downside of lower SA, and an inability to see things like MG round counters and other engine instruments. At default FOV I feel like I am flying around with my head pressed against the gun site, and I lose people in a fight. 

It's the crickets that are bothering me.  Even saying "that's the way it is" would at least be an acknowledgement of the issue.  <shrug>
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 12:37:15 PM »
I use a FOV of 93.  A compromise setting  that I find works for me.  Hit sprites are still very hard to see.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 03:10:35 PM »
It's a plot to get everyone to turn off their tracers......... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 11:23:58 PM »
Well regardless of what it is. This just aint gonna cut it. Im missing things I normally should be able to take with relative ease out because I cant accurately tell where my rounds are going to be able to adjust.

I'd like to know how some people ARE hitting stuff

This is getting beyond frustrating
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 03:30:21 AM »
I like the added debris from hits to aircraft.  I have noticed that does seem to be just about my only clue that I have done any damage while in knife fights.  Cannon rounds do make nice hit sprites, however; I mostly use the 50 cal variety of ammo. 

Could there possibly be a compromise by adding more debris from MULTIPLE 50 cal (and lower caliber) hits?  I think the desired effect will be the same....... improved visual confirmation of inflicted damage/penetrating rounds.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 03:52:18 AM »
Oh, there's an easy cure for this. Offline just setup the drones as B-29s and slowly size them down to Yak3s. Be warned the Tu-2s like to fly with no wings. Turn your tracers off because they can confuse the situation.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 04:59:25 AM »
Well regardless of what it is. This just aint gonna cut it. Im missing things I normally should be able to take with relative ease out because I cant accurately tell where my rounds are going to be able to adjust.

This is getting beyond frustratingAgreed.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 12:03:15 PM »

Easy, 100 mile an hour principle. Ever wonder why most gunsight reticle in WW2 were some variation of 100Mil or 10m at 100m? I didn't make up the historical reticle's in the AH3 rides, took my 5 years to hunt them all down.

If Hitech is willing, I will give Skuzzy my gunnery manuals like Bag the Hun, Horrido, AAF fixed gunnery 1943\1944\1950, and other bomber crew gunnery manuals so players can download them. They are public domain at this point even if you have to buy them online from private sellers. Lots of pictures....... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 12:31:25 PM »
Stadiametric ranging!  No need for adjustable gunsights in here since we have icons, but in older gunsights you could adjust the size of the reticle for expected enemy..

An article on British gunsights here...
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=17850&sid=8c840f71ef81750a3dbeb3b76ae3d1ec
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 12:55:57 PM »
The RAD or radii deflection system was used by AAF and RAF bomber crew with flexible guns to determine range and deflection allowance from 0-90 degrees deflection and 0-3 RAD deflection based on a base line of a 35Mil ring. That is why the illuminated reticles I placed in some of the bombers are 35 inner and 70 outer rings with a dot. The N8 has a 35, 70 and 105.

The 100mph principle was used in fighters with fixed gunsights to determine range by wingspan and deflection allowance by either the con's angle of travel to yours in a 6 chase to 30 degrees of your line of travel. Or to determine radii of 100Mil to hold over to account for every 100 mph of travel speed to your con from 35-90 degrees of your line of travel.

In Schiessfibel you find that the stadia marks on the REVI reticle are used for deflection allowances of radii based on angles from 5-50 degrees. And similar allowances in the Type98 or Type4 in the a6m and NiK2 because the majority of optical sights used by the Japanese were copies of REVI 2 and 3 or OIGEE.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 03:29:03 PM »
Check them out with the the new game update.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 01:37:44 PM »
Check them out with the the new game update.....

They look good now. Last night I saw clear hit sprites on planes and GVs.   Thanks 
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 01:43:31 PM »
Yes!! Love the new sprites! There was no doubt about whether or not you were hitting. Some were bright enough to actually FLARE the view,like the sun will, love it!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain