Author Topic: Release Version 1.0 Patch 0 ** DX11 ** : Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 21957 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Release Version 1.0 Patch 0 ** DX11 ** : Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2016, 09:23:56 AM »
First time I have gotten screen freezes for half of a second or so .... havent seen them before this release.

I thought it was some sort of background activity, but now that there's several others mentioning it...

+1
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
I think that's where the home F1 combo come in. Not at computer so can't test.

Terry

I'm thinking F1 is a typo and the instruction is "to reset the view to default take off the headset, hit home then F10 to save."

This means that F10 should be saving the views until you change them, they should not revert after you end sortie.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2016, 09:46:42 AM »
I thought it was some sort of background activity, but now that there's several others mentioning it...

+1

Same here, was going to spend the morning going through my computer..... still will, but at least it is just a cleaning now instead of a hunt!  :D

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2016, 10:27:14 AM »
After all that I now have had a few stable starts and runs. Its a little bizarre tho Im sure it will work out in the end.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline 2chance

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2016, 11:18:38 AM »
Fess67..mine did what you showed on youtube as well...what i did was looked back and moved my view just a little while looking back and it fixed it

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »
May not be the right forum since this is an old problem, but when you set up a custom arena and specify a configuration file at the initial screen, that configuration is not loaded.  It also seems much longer than necessary (several minutes) to upload relatively small files and load the configuration when uploading a configuration file to the host from the CM/arena tables option.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »
WHile using Ventrillo last night, had a lockup that I had to go to the Task Manager to get out of. Also had GPU-Z running in the background.

Oh yeah, I always have Sweetfx running.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2016, 12:11:55 PM »
Bailed out last night at an enemy V-base. There was an Osti out firing randomly. As a pilot on the ground trying to find the location of the gun firing, no matter which way I turned, it always sounded like the source was on my left side.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Sawzaw

• Zinc Member
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2016, 12:26:37 PM »

1.Since the last patch I cannot get my track ir to move along the X axis where I can see on the side of the nose like it used to in the bubble canopy planes 190d,190f8,pony, Ta 152 (left side only) and probably others. I can do it if I manually move the head views via the keyboard , but it wont work with track ir; it limits hit way short of where it used to. Please don't leave that screwed  up because it helps to see and track the target in those planes and many of us use it. I see no point in the new "save view in track ir" mode feature, if it is going to limit the views now. Please put it back the way it has been for many years, that is the last thing to mess with.
After further troubleshooting, it turns out the only way to make it work is to save the front view to its default setting, which changes all the other angle views. My default view is set with the head moved forward closer to the cockpit. I don't use the Z axis to move back and forward with track ir because it throws the views off. Now if I look around I am looking at a frame or at my seat, just totally out of whack. Why did you guys have to mess with that in the first place?
2.The game still freezes in dx11 and many people are complaining about it.

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2016, 12:49:26 PM »
Re:  Training area level bombing problem.  We've been discussing this in another area for a while, anyway bombing bulls-eye targets don't display hits (i.e., bomb craters).  No offense, but this bombing area is useless until you fix.  There, I've reported it!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2016, 01:23:33 PM »
Watched a film that I made of FSO. The sound track from the hanger was playing in the background the whole time.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2016, 01:29:20 PM »
I have noticed small screen freezes since patch.  Just happens for like 2 seconds every ten minutes or so. 

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2016, 01:34:21 PM »
AP rounds passing near trees, not through them, will sometimes explode. Last night I fired at a T34 on a hill that I could see over the top of a palm tree near the hill. My round would have passed 2-3' over the tree but exploded over the tree. I've also had this happening when firing at tanks adjacent to trees or that appeared to be in clear spaces between trees. It's not consistent because I have also killed tanks that are barely exposed behind clumps of closely spaced trees.

Rendering of tracers is not consistent. Last night I could clearly see tracers from GVs firing at planes 2K away but not those of GVs that were very close. I could hear the guns but no tracers.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2016, 01:40:55 PM »
Cloud editor opens to a white screen if you pick a terrain, edit existing awa, or create a new awa.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2016, 01:41:31 PM »
Watched a film that I made of FSO. The sound track from the hanger was playing in the background the whole time.

:salute
Sik
Yes, same with my films from yesterday. I hear the hanger sounds, and they are louder than the engine noise
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain