Author Topic: FMOD substitute for AH2 sliders?  (Read 796 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
FMOD substitute for AH2 sliders?
« on: September 22, 2016, 11:39:20 AM »
In AH2 I liked to turn down most sounds and max out the "wind" to give me a sense of airspeed.

Can I do the same for AH3 with FMOD?  Is there a "wind" track (or whatever) that can be adjusted?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: FMOD substitute for AH2 sliders?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 12:12:28 PM »
You could have the wind affected by airspeed the same as AH2 . When I get to the fighters I will be testing out compression effects at the top end of the flight envelope. I figure anyone doing sounds would too. I just don't know for sure how that will affect every thing else. Just don't know yet.

And I think the major influence on fighter sounds is actually manifold pressure, so maybe not.

(EDIT) Originally misspoke.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 12:26:14 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 12:53:56 PM »
I looked into it briefly, and yes it can be modified for each airplane by airspeed. The way it works right now is it gets quiet above 540mph, so that's going to need a closer look.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 01:03:25 PM »
Ok.  Guess I'll have to learn FMOD.

Thanks!

:salute
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »
I'll try to add it to the list for first release. I only have two samples for this. One is recorded from a glider at 140mph, and the other from a B17 somewhere between 200 and 250. I can extrapolate between the two and come up with something, but I don't know until I do how useful it will be.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 10:43:18 AM »
Thanks!   :aok

Really need some clue as to airspeed.  With the engine at idle in a Pony, there is no perceptible difference between 500mph and 150mph.
I've never actually experienced flying those conditions, but it seems there would be some clue other than the airspeed indicator.  No?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 10:56:53 AM »
I don't think you can read the airspeed indicator when your airplanes is compressing. :)

Whatever sound a WWII fighter makes at that speed we will probably never know. There was a guy that recently took a P-51 to 42k, but I don't think he was too interested in testing the other limits.

There are a lot of hurdles with this FMOD thing.