Author Topic: Any active Canadian Squads at the moment?  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Prop

• Zinc Member
      • Rachel's Blog
Any active Canadian Squads at the moment?
« on: September 22, 2016, 03:55:22 PM »
Hi boys

The name's Prop here.... the game's only post-op male-to-female. I'm currently playing offline trying to work off 14 years rust. My main claim to fame was being an active Warbirds player in an earlier life.

I've been watching Dobs' excellent videos on Youtube and it inspired me to at least download the game. Gone are my beloved Thustmaster controllers and currently stuck with a lil Logitech Extreme 3D thing.

Anyways, if there is an active Canadian Squadron going say hi... or if you remember me from WB's. :)

Rachel "Prophet" Williams
Mors Celerima Hostibus 

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Any active Canadian Squads at the moment?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 04:08:46 PM »
the game's only post-op male-to-female.

You may be the only one surgically, but I bet I know a few that act like it.

I have a few members that are Canadian but our squad is not a Canadian squad. Feel free to hook up with us in the MA and give us a try. You can find us on the Bish side on VOX 299. Feel free to check out our website at http://www.BlackWidowsGaming.com/

Welcome to the addiction!

:cheers:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:17:35 PM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Prop

• Zinc Member
      • Rachel's Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 05:36:20 PM »
Thanks Delta :)

I'll check out the website... (with appreciation)

Prop
 :airplane
:

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 03:39:24 PM »
A guy called pipz or popz? Not sure if he is on the boards, he used to run a squad called The Moosemen or Men4Moose or something of that sort? he is a pretty famous Canadian player on here cannot think of any others of the top of my head.

:salute

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 03:49:32 PM »
A guy called pipz or popz? Not sure if he is on the boards, he used to run a squad called The Moosemen or Men4Moose or something of that sort? he is a pretty famous Canadian player on here cannot think of any others of the top of my head.

That's Pipz, the crazy Canadian

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 05:23:27 PM »
That's Pipz, the crazy Canadian

Yup, thanks, thats the one knew it was one of those two, seen him on 200 he is one of the top ace pilots if not the top pilot in game, I also think he is the only one to have 4 stars on his name?

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 05:36:36 PM »
Yup, thanks, thats the one knew it was one of those two, seen him on 200 he is one of the top ace pilots if not the top pilot in game, I also think he is the only one to have 4 stars on his name?

I turn off stars, but when I did have them on, there were a few others that have 4 stars. Walleye is one that comes to mind. As far as being a top pilot in game, we all have our different opinions.

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 06:39:56 PM »
I turn off stars, but when I did have them on, there were a few others that have 4 stars. Walleye is one that comes to mind. As far as being a top pilot in game, we all have our different opinions.

Maybe it was 6 or 8 stars? I know that it was more than anyone else, yes we all have our opinions I sure Walleye is good but I heard it said on country that hitch the guy that builds aces high asks for pipz's opinions on new models (tests) before he releases em, no idea if that is just a rumour though I overherd two guys chatting about it in tanktown one night.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 06:48:48 PM »
Maybe it was 6 or 8 stars? I know that it was more than anyone else, yes we all have our opinions I sure Walleye is good but I heard it said on country that hitch the guy that builds aces high asks for pipz's opinions on new models (tests) before he releases em, no idea if that is just a rumour though I overherd two guys chatting about it in tanktown one night.

There is a max of 4 stars. I was only referring to Walleye as having 4 stars, as I'm not sure about his skill. I'm not sure about Pipz's relationship with HiTech, but I've never heard of HiTech asking for another members opinion on new models. My guess is that's a rumor, but I could be wrong.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 07:44:10 PM »
There is a max of 4 stars. I was only referring to Walleye as having 4 stars, as I'm not sure about his skill. I'm not sure about Pipz's relationship with HiTech, but I've never heard of HiTech asking for another members opinion on new models. My guess is that's a rumor, but I could be wrong.

Bow,I would think that you are correct!  Hitech wouldnt ask any player except those that work for HTC in the office!

Prop,I'm a fellow Canuk,not quite as much as Pipz is as he keeps a pet moose! That said I do live in a Igloo just like most Canadians do!   I'm located in SW Ont.

PS: all the stars mean is you have accomplished certain tasks,I still dont have a star but I spend most my time in the training arena and they dont award stars in there.... :furious :furious :furious          :rofl

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 07:07:38 AM »
Morf, don't ya know?....you are a star unto yourself. :rock

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 09:53:44 AM »
Hey Prop,

I am also a wanderer of the great white north, I've been running from Pipz since i joined the game!  :devil 

I believe there's a few of us Canucks, not a dedicated squad that I've seen. Best bet is just to jump into the pool headfirst then swim to your corner once you're in. I chose the 56th squad because I like to fly the P-47M, and they seem to fly it more than anything else.

Ask in game on country channel if you can fly wingman for someone, best way to get into action and if you get a good pilot, they will answer questions on the climb out!  Welcome back sir...Miss?  :cheers: ummm just cheers... :)
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 10:15:04 AM »
No mention of pipz yet? My god what are Hillery and Trump doing?