Author Topic: Note to self . . .  (Read 7170 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Note to self . . .
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2017, 05:18:17 PM »
Thanks, Pudgie!  :salute
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2018, 06:00:45 AM »
Today is an FMOD kind of day!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 02:12:31 PM »
You can add aircraft whistles to the "move" event of the external folder. There are no examples of this in the default structure, but it will work just the same. This per a conversation with Hitech on how to get this problem ironed out. It will not help to hear airplanes coming, because sounds are already distance attenuated. However, it will help to improve the battlefield effects.

In the Internal folder I suggest that the whistle sound from gunports be added as Referenced Events. This was the only way I could get SpeedMPH to work as a Parameter Sheet and modifier for the base sound.

Despite what I posted in my FMOD video I have since discovered that rather then pitch-shift a lot of engine/exhaust/tread sounds that FMOD can do this for you. It's the same technique, but there is no need to calculate for angular velocity, and any anomaly can be dealt with using the post-process effects.

Rather than take the time to make another video on how to use the AH2 sounds with AH3 I will just go ahead and tell you that the old engine sound (not start/stop) should have been recorded at 1500rpm, and that is the default for the HTC events project. FMOD will automatically handle the pitch shifting from there as long as you properly attach the engine sound.

I modified the tanks to use tread, suspension, and road wheel/bearing noise within the RPM tracks of Internal and External folders. This way as the tank slows down or speeds up the noise associated with movement also change and the result is as real as possible to the user and anyone close enough to hear it. That makes it possible to identify tanks more easily. I suggest dropping tank engine sounds Externally in favor of Exhaust sounds as they are more distinctive and really what you would hear anyway. So, the exhaust tread/suspension/bearings are the primary identifiers.

In doing this what I discovered is that the tank event structures must closely match the default, or the default sounds will still come through. That may be another FMOD bug.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2019, 11:31:17 PM »
I worked out a technique for the audio of each plane to have unique sound as you move around it. It does make the final bank file bigger, so I'm not sure it's worth it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2019, 11:15:06 AM »
I worked out a technique for the audio of each plane to have unique sound as you move around it. It does make the final bank file bigger, so I'm not sure it's worth it.

Move around it as in walking or driving around it on the ground or shifting your views around from a waste gunner position?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2019, 11:38:19 AM »
Move around it as in walking or driving around it on the ground or shifting your views around from a waste gunner position?

Internal sounds are already part of the game, so the waist gunner should already be working. I am referring to walking, driving, or flying around an aircraft. The deuce already works like this. Once I finish what I am working on the whistles and props, engines, and resonant harmonics will all do the same thing. Unless, that is, that I find it makes the download just too big. If all I had to do was make the sounds for one airplane, like DCS aircraft, then I would take it even further.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2019, 12:41:36 PM »
Sounds like a lot of work. I'm looking forward to experiencing the final product.  :salute

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2019, 11:45:19 AM »
With all due seriousness I should publish by the end of August. The only thing that might delay that would be discovering that the final product is just too heavy (too large). Hopefully, I can find a site to upload to. The AHII version was 150MB, and this one is going to be close even with all the savings.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 01:06:44 AM »
By gosh it's time for Oshkosh again!  :aok  :devil