Author Topic: Please dial down the puff ack and manned ack accuracy  (Read 5920 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Please dial down the puff ack and manned ack accuracy
« on: September 25, 2016, 01:12:52 PM »
About 4 or 5 times now I've been instantly towered with 3-5 kills without even a second to think. I'm about 7-10K away from a CV or a base and all the sudden im sitting in the tower in awwe. I don't want this to sound like a complaint, buts it's gotten to the point where people are just being sniped out of the sky with easy to aim puff acks. I don't mind if people have the ability to defend like that. But being able to snipe planes with 1 easy to aim ack that far away just kills the mood.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Please dial down the puff ack and manned ack accuracy
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 02:39:23 PM »
Agreed
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 03:40:36 PM »
Other than the skill of someone in a 5in, the auto puffy from CV appears to ignore fighters and bombers now. And the 5in VT proximity fuse was that good in WW2. You are lucky the VT fused AA round doesn't have the vapor trail like the HE round does. I range a few HE at a long range target to get the elevation and hold off, then change to AA and boom. All we have to aim with is an 18Mil white ring.

Your wish sounds like it really should be: Please completely castrate or remove player ability to man 5inch guns on ships so I can land my kills.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 04:56:15 PM »
About 4 or 5 times now I've been instantly towered with 3-5 kills without even a second to think. I'm about 7-10K away from a CV or a base and all the sudden im sitting in the tower in awwe. I don't want this to sound like a complaint, buts it's gotten to the point where people are just being sniped out of the sky with easy to aim puff acks. I don't mind if people have the ability to defend like that. But being able to snipe planes with 1 easy to aim ack that far away just kills the mood.

What do you do fly strait and level right at the CV?

I can fly for 5-10 minutes in the puffy and not take any damage let alone ever getting towered.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 05:02:34 PM »
It's mostly the manned acks I'm talking about. I've shot down a guy, they get into a manned ack. Within seconds he points and shoots at 8K, with me at 7-12K alt, and I instantly go poof. Maybe it's just lethality of the ack that can be toned down, but instant towering just sucks.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 05:10:28 PM »
Within seconds he points and shoots at 8K, with me at 7-12K alt, and I instantly go poof.

That's either sheer luck (which does happen) or incredible gunnery skill on his side. Try yourself shooting at cons 8k away and not coming directly to the CV.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BOBO

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 05:14:43 PM »
I get shot down my manned ack way more often than other planes.  And it is very annoying.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 05:18:31 PM »
I get shot down my manned ack way more often than other planes.  And it is very annoying.

What's your ingame name?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 05:53:32 PM »
Not a single one of you are willing to make this wish.

Hitech, please do away with anything that can shoot at me, but let me shoot at them and land all of my kills every sortie. I'm not sure how that wish will work out.

Hitech on Friday helped me get my offline gunnery training terrain to pass the requirements for upload to the custom arena host. I posted the zip file with all the offline files needed to practice gunnery offline with every kind of gun in the game. Including being able to spawn the wirbel, osti, M16 or tank 500ft below the drones and enable the lead computing gunsight. And to man an 88mm to practice shooting at the drones from 7k away. I never could get a 5inch battery object to allow you to choose it from the field gun hanger menu after placing it down 7k from the drones next to the 88mm. Hmmmm, the 5 inch battery is now a new object for the updated Fletcher class destroyer. I wonder........ :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 06:27:33 PM »
One of the most dangerous missions for a fighter pilot in any war (far more dangerous than encountering enemy planes) were ground attack missions against enemy airfields and other installations.  Why should it be different in game?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 07:31:03 PM »
I'm sure it was very dangerous in WW2. But WW2 was s different than AH.

I'm talking about immediately getting sent to tower from a random puff ack, from the guy I just killed 10 seconds ago, who hopped in sniper puff ack machine. Thats cheap Bull crap. Id expect to get shot 2-3k maybe from an ack as I was pressing X approaching or leaving a base. But getting drilled as I am Maneuvering from 5-8K and insta towering is way too accurate.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 07:46:15 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:51:43 AM by hitech »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 07:48:23 PM »

What do you do fly strait and level right at the CV?

I can fly for 5-10 minutes in the puffy and not take any damage let alone ever getting towered.

Sure.  Right. 

Not.

I maneuver and jink like it is Downtown Hanoi and I get a one-ping PK REGULARLY.

In AH2 I was always oiled even at max range and 20K+.  Ping. Oiled.

+ 1 OP.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 07:56:26 PM »
Got the same kind of argument in a PM from someone years ago in AH2, when I made my once in 10 years lucky 4500 yard 37mm hit on him as he was flying away from my base in a 262. I got a similar one recently about the 88mm hitting a player at 9k. This I can do a bit more frequently after having to test every singly player controllable object I placed on my gunnery training terrain. One of those drawbacks to building a terrain for public consumption.

I doubt you are going to get Hitech to castrate the MA to how you want it. You have the option of the 16 arena custom arenas, or the DA for your perfect world. Smaller new AH3 MA maps are a feasible wish.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 08:01:58 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:52:32 AM by hitech »
”KILLER V”
The Damned