Author Topic: Please dial down the puff ack and manned ack accuracy  (Read 5922 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Please dial down the puff ack and manned ack accuracy
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2016, 12:44:27 PM »
My goal is simple, I listen in game to complaints, or read them on this board, and come up with tools for the average unskilled player to make himself better with specific offline tools. One of the most poorly addressed complaints is how hard it is to learn how to use all of those other toys besides fighters. So I built that gunnery training terrain.

You guys are supposed to walk on water in this game if reading your posts over the years are accurate about your feats of glory, why so much complaining. Just use that MOJO you constantly tell us all about here in the forums to over come these things. Why is Hitech supposed to drop everything because you get whacked like the rest of us? And don't hide behind what's good for game play and your only concern is for others.

About 4 or 5 times now I've been instantly towered with 3-5 kills without even a second to think.

Agreed

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 12:54:42 PM »
Sigh.. don't come complaining when it starts happening to you guys. Bustr seems to have the liberal mentality that since I am able to actually get kills, I should be punished by cheap easy game play that instantly ruins my 30 minute sortie. If the enemy has a CV 3-5 miles of shore, I shouldn't risk getting 3K altitude in fear that my sortie will be instantly ruined, because I know how to get kills. Or if they have a CV 3-5 miles off shore, people shouldn't be able to easily get in a manned gum and snipe my Maneuvering fighter going 350knts out of the guy. Yup. Great game play. I'm sure it won't piss anyone off.

I have encounter Violater many times but I have never seen him vulch a field. 

Everyone vulches a field now and then for one reason or another.   However, there are players that vulching is their game play.  Think goodness their numbers are limited or it would ruin the game.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 01:13:29 PM »
Lusche what are the stats.

Last night I tried to look up Bob0's stats, after he wrote:

I get shot down my manned ack way more often than other planes.  And it is very annoying.

Well, there's only one Bob0 in game. In his last combined four tours of flying planes, the #1 reason of getting shot down was indeed the manned gun:
1. Manned Ack 18
2. Wirbelwind 15
3. Spit XVI 12

However, there's only one type of manned ack in the stats, while planes split up in 99 different models. In the end, he was shot down by planes 141 times and 18 times by manned ack.
So it's far from being "shot down by manned ack way more often than other planes". But of course such an impression can come quickly when you see manned ack on top of your 'killed by' list tour after tour.
Much in these discussions about manned & puffy ack is more about perception and annoyance levels than about factual occurrences. Which is not surprising to me, I'm quite annoyed myself when being taken down by a lowly ground gun  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »
Lusche what are the stats.  How many times has he been shot down by manned guns. It would be nice if it could be broken down by gun type, but I dont think that is possible.

According to records this month, I've been killed by 4 manned acks. Not including auto ack. The past 3 months it has been 0-2 times. I think I complained in July when I blew up at 12K in a straight down dive going 450 mph in a 4hog with 5 kills, trying to avoid the ack, as my CV was right next to enemy CV. Impossible to avoid! Simply sent straight to The tower.

I have encounter Violater many times but I have never seen him vulch a field. 

Everyone vulches a field now and then for one reason or another.   However, there are players that vulching is their game play.  Think goodness their numbers are limited or it would ruin the game.

I try to avoid directly vulching if my team isn't capturing a base. Not that I never have or will never do it. But I don't make it my sole form of kills.  When I'm trying to kill enemies coming from a CV and they have ack that shoots for miles away at anything above 3K, makes its difficult to achieve a successful sortie. Add on the snipers in manned puff acks like last night that just explode me in the air from 6-8K away with multiple friendlies around me.

My goal is simple, I listen in game to complaints, or read them on this board, and come up with tools for the average unskilled player to make himself better with specific offline tools. One of the most poorly addressed complaints is how hard it is to learn how to use all of those other toys besides fighters. So I built that gunnery training terrain.

You guys are supposed to walk on water in this game if reading your posts over the years are accurate about your feats of glory, why so much complaining. Just use that MOJO you constantly tell us all about here in the forums to over come these things. Why is Hitech supposed to drop everything because you get whacked like the rest of us? And don't hide behind what's good for game play and your only concern is for others.

I am not trying to complain here, just a mention about it's lethality and performance and to see if it needs to be taken down a notch. I have had amazing sorties just ended, poof, insta tower, not even close to ack firing distance of the CV. Being good at flying is one thing, getting rocked by stationary shooters that I couldn't even get close to if I tried, is another thing. They have the easy ability to down my fighter, while they sit in a gunner and dial their distance in and pull a trigger. I can't dip, dodge duck or dive, to avoid their magic bullet. If I was right over the base, I could see it. But being 5-10K away is just crazy.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2016, 01:34:18 PM »
The only aasy answer is to use the new Down Times option when you right click a field to ensure the 88s are down before rolling in on the field or downing someone thay may respawn in an 88.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:36:17 PM by redcatcherb412 »
Ground Pounders ...

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 01:51:01 PM »
I got killed by puffy near a large field and thought it was a bug where an 88 didn't get a kill....it reminded me of some of the best 88 shooters in the game....it was also shooting at me when I was within 1K of an enemy plane....dodging, ducking, dipping, diving, and dodging and still hit me with in first 4 shots.... yep Puffy in game makes a lot of sense.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 01:56:28 PM »
Did puffy ack shoot when there was friendly fighters in the area...

In real life?  Yes.  It was the friendly fighter pilot's responsibility to stay out of the friendly ack barrage but sometimes the situation would force the pilot to fly into the barrage or through it.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 02:02:37 PM »
If I had the time to figure out the new terrain editor i would create a puffy flak alley for some systematic testing  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 02:05:37 PM »
In real life?  Yes.  It was the friendly fighter pilot's responsibility to stay out of the friendly ack barrage but sometimes the situation would force the pilot to fly into the barrage or through it.
So to make the game like real life no friendly fighters should be allowed where puffy can shoot.... :rolleyes:
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 02:10:01 PM »
. If I was right over the base, I could see it. But being 5-10K away is just crazy.

Why is being shot at by acks 5,000 to 10,000 yards away "crazy"?  Do you know what the ranges of the USN 5" gun was or the German 88mm?  Just a hint...both guns could reach out and touch you at rangers further than 10,000 yards.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 02:47:47 PM »
I have had amazing sorties just ended, poof, insta tower, not even close to ack firing distance of the CV.

I guess I'm missing the problem.  If you've had an amazing sortie, why would you care whether it ended with an ack shot or a landing?

- oldman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 03:19:10 PM »
I could just tell all of those unskilled weenies like myself on ch200 how to set their ammo counter and range HUD to act as a gunsight for the 88mm. Then they can practice offline with the new tool I uploaded to the Custom Arena Host, same thing works for the 5in. You are very lucky Hitech chose not to give us the analog director computers that made the 88mm and 5in truly deadly.

Here more tools for the unskilled weenies and their no skill popguns right out of the US NAVY manuals:

Ship Board 20mm

Ship Board 40mm Bofors

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 04:10:43 PM »
I could just tell all of those unskilled weenies like myself on ch200 how to set their ammo counter and range HUD to act as a gunsight for the 88mm. Then they can practice offline with the new tool I uploaded to the Custom Arena Host, same thing works for the 5in. You are very lucky Hitech chose not to give us the analog director computers that made the 88mm and 5in truly deadly.

Here more tools for the unskilled weenies and their no skill popguns right out of the US NAVY manuals:

Ship Board 20mm

(Image removed from quote.)

Ship Board 40mm Bofors

It's point and shoot and figure out lead...really don't need to teach anything
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 04:41:06 PM »
Icing on the cake...... :aok
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 04:46:14 PM »

I guess I'm missing the problem.  If you've had an amazing sortie, why would you care whether it ended with an ack shot or a landing?

- oldman

Ego?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals