Author Topic: What should I do?  (Read 814 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
What should I do?
« on: October 01, 2016, 12:50:39 PM »
OK some time ago I made a comment on how a squad mate and I shot at my P-38 with jeeps, and .303's and cannons. Hitting outside of the cockpit, but wounding the pilot, sometimes killing him out right.

My question is, do we have any parameters that I should do other thasn sending random videos in..
I plan on filming all my sorties from now on so I have excessive proof of my problem as well.

But as stated before I've tested a bunch by parking by my frind in the DA, its every time before he even gets to the cockpit, heck the armored plate behind the pilot does better on average than the wing outside the cockpit  :headscratch:

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »
Pervert once successfuly got the damage model for the Fw190 changed by publishing a similar experiment demonstrating even a hit to the propellor disk caused an oil leak. You could try the same. I suspect the Ki-84 has a similar issue to what you've found but I don't have any squad mates to test it  :rofl

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 05:28:02 PM »
ya that's how i got the idea, i was just wondering if i needed to do something more. Computers are not my best subject lol so i want to do as much as possible to help. 

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 05:33:49 PM »
ya that's how i got the idea, i was just wondering if i needed to do something more. Computers are not my best subject lol so i want to do as much as possible to help.

Will try to dig up Pervert's thread for you, hang on...

Can always get help with computers around here USCH.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 05:41:57 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,345996.msg4570914.html#msg4570914

Unfortunately the top picture is now gone. I believe it showed the shot from the jeep. As I recall it was recognized as a bug and fixed after this. If you've got time to test the Ki-84 (my favourite) for pilot wounds also I bet you'd find the same. Good luck  :salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 01:44:25 AM »
So i have 8 or so films from today alone, 3 have what i assume to be PK deaths, because i cant even see the round hit the cockpit in 2 of 3 films and poof into the tower... its just crazy this stuff.. the others are PW's and each time nothing hits the cockpit, but hits outside it, by the fuel fill caps.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 07:50:38 AM »
You should see if you could find the armor placement in the plane.  The F4u1 and 1a has zero armor on the floor beneath the pilot as an example.  You would think a bottom hit on a f4u would be very bad for the pilot.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 08:58:56 AM »
Does anyone have info on the effectiveness of the armor plate behind the pilot in a P-38L?  I was being chased by a Yak-3 who was at my 6 o'clock and taking pot shots from 600 and got PW'd.
Would the armor have been at all effective against the Yak 20mm?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 09:26:36 AM »
Does anyone have info on the effectiveness of the armor plate behind the pilot in a P-38L?  I was being chased by a Yak-3 who was at my 6 o'clock and taking pot shots from 600 and got PW'd.
Would the armor have been at all effective against the Yak 20mm?

It's doubtful. 20-mm has a lot of energy and usually some fireworks inside too. Modelling shrapnal is reasonable. Just some planes seem very susceptible to PWs.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 11:40:12 AM »
If ever in a P38 (all 3 types) and you get a PW, look outside your right or left, if you see a bullet hole by the fuel fill cap area (the 2 little (usually red) circles each side)save the film and send it in.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 08:42:39 AM »
How many videos should i send? Is 10 too many?
Also I'm having trouble finding a good picture of the armor plate behind the pilot anyone have a better search on this? And its thickness?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:51:18 AM by USCH »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 01:50:10 PM »
If ever in a P38 (all 3 types) and you get a PW, look outside your right or left, if you see a bullet hole by the fuel fill cap area (the 2 little (usually red) circles each side)save the film and send it in.

2 things.  Where you see bullet hole on your wing is not actually where the bullet struck.  You will notice the bullet holes always appear in the same locations when a part is damaged.

Second, enemy tracer locations are only an approximation.  The only meaningful display/film is the shooter's film.  Everything any other player does to your plane does not show exactly what happened on your end.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »
Yeah, you can have an enemy shoot at you and you may see the tracers 800yds behind you, yet you still may get hit. When they are lagged like that it is to your advantage, somewhat.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 07:13:40 PM »
So i need films from someone else? Because i have that too, and as they shoot me they have said that he wasn't near the cockpit yet with his rounds.