Author Topic: HITECH I HAVE A WISH  (Read 6285 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: HITECH I HAVE A WISH
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 08:54:48 PM »
<snip>

If I am hugely mistaken, then please educate me.

The reason the arenas were split was because of the "social" aspect of the game. HTC feared that players coming into 600+ player arena would feel lost/left out/a nobody. Making 2 smaller arenas allowed a closer, tighter feeling of the game and so make new players feel more welcome instead of ignored and on their own.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 09:47:54 PM »
Occlusion/Visibility
-----------------------

I honestly tried to read your wall of text.  I'm a smoker & drinker.
They both take precedence over your drivel.

Coogan  :cheers:

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 09:53:50 PM »
I honestly tried to read your wall of text.  I'm a smoker & drinker.
They both take precedence over your drivel.

Coogan  :cheers:

the two words you quoted, google them

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 10:04:53 PM »
the two words you quoted, google them

smoker & drinker?

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 10:09:03 PM »

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 10:20:13 PM »
KUSH

Kush refers to a subset of strains of Cannabis indica. The origins of Kush Cannabis are from landrace plants mainly in Afghanistan, Northern Pakistan and North-Western India[1] with the name coming from the Hindu Kush mountain range. "Hindu Kush" strains of Cannabis were taken to the United States in the mid-to-late 1970s and continue to be available there to the present day.[2]
Kush strains were among those cultivated by the British firm GW Pharmaceuticals for its legally licensed commercial trial of medicinal cannabis.[3]

OG Kush is a cross between Lemon Thai and Chemdawg and Old World Paki Kush. It is a 55/45 Indica dominant hybrid strain also known as Original Gangster and Ocean Grown. It was created in Los Angeles and is one of the most popular strains from Southern California. With proper care, OG Kush’s THC levels can reach 20%. The plants take 8–9 weeks to flower indoors. OG Kush buds smell of pine, earth and spices.

That's copy and paste.

I'm kinda' dumb, so you might have to break it down for me.

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 10:21:38 PM »
Kush refers to a subset of strains of Cannabis indica. The origins of Kush Cannabis are from landrace plants mainly in Afghanistan, Northern Pakistan and North-Western India[1] with the name coming from the Hindu Kush mountain range. "Hindu Kush" strains of Cannabis were taken to the United States in the mid-to-late 1970s and continue to be available there to the present day.[2]
Kush strains were among those cultivated by the British firm GW Pharmaceuticals for its legally licensed commercial trial of medicinal cannabis.[3]

OG Kush is a cross between Lemon Thai and Chemdawg and Old World Paki Kush. It is a 55/45 Indica dominant hybrid strain also known as Original Gangster and Ocean Grown. It was created in Los Angeles and is one of the most popular strains from Southern California. With proper care, OG Kush’s THC levels can reach 20%. The plants take 8–9 weeks to flower indoors. OG Kush buds smell of pine, earth and spices.

That's copy and paste.

I'm kinda' dumb, so you might have to break it down for me.

Coogan

you're the smoker. but this is off topic,

occlusion culling is getting rid of NON - VISIBLE objects, ie not rendering or using computer resources to render non visible objects.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:24:05 PM by Randall172 »

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 10:24:16 PM »

you're the smoker.

True, but this is supposed to be wish for HiTech.
Don't worry about it.

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 10:35:47 PM »

you're the smoker. but this is off topic,

occlusion culling is getting rid of NON - VISIBLE objects, ie not rendering or using computer resources to render non visible objects.

HTC does that by adding the "fog" in the distance. Basically you only see more detail close up, and the distance they drop that detail  and saving cycles by NOT having to draw everything.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2016, 12:44:28 PM »
As I have said before Randall172 you know nothing of what you speak, so much so it is not ever worth the effort to fill you in on your misconceptions.

Randall, consider this, I am fairly sure I have been writing online games longer then anyone else on the planet. I absolutely sure I had the first internet  based MMOG. In fact you may wish to look up the history of the term MMOG.

I also know 1000 people in one arena does not even make a server work hard.

You seem to think a 64 km x 64 km area is huge.  that amounts to 4096 square km area.

Aces High is 678949 square km in area. I.E. 165 times bigger.

HiTech

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2016, 06:54:13 PM »
As I have said before Randall172 you know nothing of what you speak, so much so it is not ever worth the effort to fill you in on your misconceptions.

Randall, consider this, I am fairly sure I have been writing online games longer then anyone else on the planet. I absolutely sure I had the first internet  based MMOG. In fact you may wish to look up the history of the term MMOG.

I also know 1000 people in one arena does not even make a server work hard.

You seem to think a 64 km x 64 km area is huge.  that amounts to 4096 square km area.

Aces High is 678949 square km in area. I.E. 165 times bigger.

HiTech

so you are saying that this would be possible?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »
so you are saying that this would be possible?

Actually it is mostly certain that you don't know what you are talking about.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.