Author Topic: Bombing Strats have become a waste of time...  (Read 12629 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bombing Strats have become a waste of time...
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2016, 02:51:56 PM »
So ack, radar and ords will be down longer.  Not sure how that contributes to more air-air combat.

Defense of the strats could be an option.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2016, 03:32:03 PM »

Wiley.

I'm guessing that players won't be any more inclined to defend strats than when resupply time was 4 minutes -- especially during off-peak hours.  However, with the change from 30 to 10 minutes players will be more inclined to attack strats (see OP) and less inclined to resupply.  So (I'm guessing) ack, radar and ord will be down longer.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2016, 03:33:42 PM »
I decided to wait a bit and see others comments before replying to this post.

First, I've been around for the past 15+ years. I took a long hiatus from the game largely due to the activities (such as 49'ers activities) among other reasons. So yes, I have been around - and - I have seen the results from before and to now. Yes, some of those activities drove people away...as it was going to do it again now with the way the game changed significantly too much to the other way. There needed to be a happy medium. 30 minute resup time was not a happy middle ground.

As I said, the time needed to be adjusted to something fair for both sides, but, along with this I made other suggestions. It should not be the case where a single bomber can cripple strats damage so much in a single run. Having multiple bombers is more effective (agreed - always has been the case) but even with that the targets should be more difficult to hit. I propose:

- 10 min (or even 15 min) resup times
- redesign strat target objects further apart so they can't be taken out easily in a single pass
- relocate strat objects to a reasonable distance away from a base so that quick resups (or for that matter when a base is captured near a strat) it is not easily resupplied or taken down quickly

Let's try to find a better middle ground - I don't think the above is trying to propose putting it back to favor one side or another but trying to find a constructive balance of fairness.

As for one last item regarding long flight times / name in lights / 1 finger salutes...I'll simply put it this way. I'm a bomber pilot predominantly. I don't always fly at 30K+, I quite often fly at altitudes much lower than that, and I like doing long strat runs with squaddies or other country members (at least we used to before the 30 min resup times) because we chat and enjoy the ride / challenge of multiple fighters intercepting us along the way. It's not about the stardom at the end of the night, it's about the mission and we always assume the risk of getting shot down on those long runs (more often then not once we are discovered).

Take into consideration as a bomber pilot if I fly long strat runs that take me 1.5 - 2 hours each, and am online for 4 - 6 hours at a time...how many runs / missions do I do compared to many others that GV / Ftr pilot? No where near as many...and I pay the same as everyone else. So All I have asked is to balance things out to make things more fair across the board. We may not completely agree on how we get there but I am hoping the above proposal is a start.

Thanks HiTech for making some adjustments and hope that the above is constructive moving forward.

Cheers,
Elec1

going back in time...town buildings were not supplyabe, guns were but that is another story, and that time was 45 minutes. @ 45 minutes a individual or group could get two effective sorties in, it was always close but could be done.  this was a good thing to have a chance at a successful attack (a good topic here if you want to talk fights and fun), it also allowed soloist to succeed, but so what? a feat mostly reserved for sleepy times of 100 players in the arena  ;).  then with the strat change town buildings went to 30 minutes down time.  nobody, NOBODY can do two sorties in this time without bailing, again  ;)  additionally, buildings could be supplied by user, changing defense tactics and further making capture impossible...long story short hordes took over as the only method of probable success. not fun.  Pilots were forced to the strat to increase down times before an attack could begin.  Its hard enough to get the timing of players together, but now we have to do a two hour tour before we begin. sheesh.  :uhoh

I said it 6 years ago "you need people like me, so you can point your finger and say thats the bad guy!"  The attack makes the world go round, some never carry ords!  It is not fun to fly 15 minutes or two hours for nothing.  No attacks = no fun  .  No matter how much fun you think showing off your kill skills make me log in, it does not.  you fighters will always have targets if im will to spend 15 minutes to fly to you.  If i dont you have nothing to shoot at.  Ill go toolshed some other game.  dweeb.

:D

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2016, 03:53:50 PM »
I remember the good old days of the CavemanJ raids where huge formations of B24s would decimate Radar, Cities, and HQs for hours on end. Sucked to be on the receiving end but man there were some fights.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2016, 04:06:11 PM »

Wiley.

Not really. Bomb n bailers.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:09:42 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2016, 04:24:54 PM »
Not really. Bomb n bailers.

If they bail before they drop, I count that as a win for my side.  The strat was successfully defended.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2016, 05:25:06 PM »
Like I have said before, I originally thought that strats should stay down longer..... BOY WAS I WRONG......

Well, at least I can admit when I make a mistake....... unfortunately, all I have to lose is the NUMBER of players that I have been accustomed to playing with....   :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2016, 07:41:24 AM »
If they bail before they drop, I count that as a win for my side.  The strat was successfully defended.

Wiley.

Read again.... BOMB n bailers
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2016, 10:23:21 AM »
Read again.... BOMB n bailers

If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2016, 03:19:50 PM »
one thing that I really liked was the 30 min resupp time, now its gone.

last night 3 sets of buffs in the stratosphere  hit one of our Strats - ran a load of cargo since I had just got on.

when it said 10 min off downtime I just figured why bother, im not running 18 loads.

so I got off the game - tired of 2 or 3 guys  screwing up the game for one third of the rest of us.

very sick of  radar or ack being down for two and a half hours.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2016, 04:53:43 PM »
If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.

Wiley.

If I have come all that way, I am not turning back.

I really do not care if they only want to hit strats. It takes those in buffs out of the game where they can't defend a base. It allows those that like to take bases to do so with greater ease.

I can still up my plane and go to a fight..... I don't need strats.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2016, 06:08:32 PM »
how many B29s have you seen in AH3. i have seen one single b29 goofing off in a furball. i have not upped a set and i used to up them alot what is the point if the strats will be up before i get half way home. 
G3-MF

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2016, 06:16:33 PM »
Tell me, how does a few people hitting your strats hamper your fun. If anything, having down times remain at 30mins does nothing but encourage a horde mentality and gives a decided advantage to the side with numbers. Having longer down times allows a few people to let's say pirk ords thus slowing down the side with numbers.

Chuikov

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2016, 06:51:37 PM »
Tell me, how does a few people hitting your strats hamper your fun. If anything, having down times remain at 30mins does nothing but encourage a horde mentality and gives a decided advantage to the side with numbers. Having longer down times allows a few people to let's say pirk ords thus slowing down the side with numbers.

If a "few guys" bomb radar and drop radar for 30 minutes it spoils my fun by making it much harder to find a fight. And before anyone says it, no I do not consider chasing buffs to the strats fun, ever.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2016, 07:01:22 PM »
Radar is a privilege not a right  :old:

:banana: